Violins (and other screeching implements of torture)

Go down

Violins (and other screeching implements of torture)

Post  Angelic on Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:42 pm

MOD NOTE: This was split off from Tara's thread in O&A

Tara wrote:Our organization's acting director, who will be retiring in the fall, brought the newly on-boarding assistant director around this morning to meet everyone.

Mr Acting introduced Mr Assistant to me, and proceeded to use masculine pronouns to refer to me. This despite the fact that I am dressed en femme, with a shirt that is form fitting enough to show the shape of my small but definitely present breasts, with light makeup, and my hair is pinned back. I tried to correct him once, and it flew past him. He eventually picked up that I was glaring at him, but thought I was disagreeing with him about some of my past experience. At least he didn't dead name me.

I didn't make a scene, but, after they left the area, I had to go outside and walk around and calm down. I'm still not feeling happy. So you all get to see a bit more venting.


Mad Sad Rolling Eyes

This is why they need to legalize fighting. At times like these if I were in your shoes I would nothing more that be allowed to beat the living crap out of him.
avatar
Angelic

Posts : 351
Join date : 2018-06-19

Back to top Go down

Re: Violins (and other screeching implements of torture)

Post  Tara on Mon Jun 25, 2018 3:43 am

Angelic wrote:
This is why they need to legalize fighting. At times like these if I were in your shoes I would nothing more that be allowed to beat the living crap out of him.

I'm a lover, not a fighter. OK, honestly, I'm a geek, not a lover or a fighter. Laughing

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
~*~ Tara

"Believe nothing you hear, and only one half that you see." — Edgar A. Poe
avatar
Tara

Posts : 81
Join date : 2018-05-20
Location : USA

Back to top Go down

Re: Violins (and other screeching implements of torture)

Post  Guest on Mon Jun 25, 2018 7:32 am

Angelic wrote:
This is why they need to legalize fighting. At times like these if I were in your shoes I would nothing more that be allowed to beat the living crap out of him.

So do you want to be a boy or a girl?

More to the point, do you want to indulge in precisely the kind of male social power projection rubbish that you constantly rail against?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Violins (and other screeching implements of torture)

Post  Angelic on Tue Jun 26, 2018 3:53 am

Tara wrote:
Angelic wrote:
This is why they need to legalize fighting. At times like these if I were in your shoes I would nothing more that be allowed to beat the living crap out of him.

I'm a lover, not a fighter. OK, honestly, I'm a geek, not a lover or a fighter. Laughing
Your picture is a powerpuff girl a show about fighting and meleeing powerpuff women.

Papillon wrote:
Angelic wrote:
This is why they need to legalize fighting. At times like these if I were in your shoes I would nothing more that be allowed to beat the living crap out of him.

So do you want to be a boy or a girl?

More to the point, do you want to indulge in precisely the kind of male social power projection rubbish that you constantly rail against?
It's not about what I want its about Nature being cold and uncaring and concerning matters of identity nature makes that choice for you.

Your views of gender are rather sexist and dogmatic. In your mind girls should always be pacifist and never do violence.
avatar
Angelic

Posts : 351
Join date : 2018-06-19

Back to top Go down

Re: Violins (and other screeching implements of torture)

Post  Guest on Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:33 am

Angelic wrote:It's not about what I want its about Nature being cold and uncaring and concerning matters of identity nature makes that choice for you.]

That's where you're wrong, hunny bunz. YOU get to decide how you feel. It's up to YOU whether you hand over your power to society. Homophobia isn't a natural law, and the sooner you stop pissing through your eyeballs about it, the sooner you'll get over it (and yourself). There are many courageous LGBTI people out there who suck it up and get on with living happy, fulfilled lives because they don't blame others for their lives' trajectory.


Your views of gender are rather sexist and dogmatic. In your mind girls should always be pacifist and never do violence.

Oh are they now?

lol!

Civilized human beings don't indulge in violence. Are you really going to argue that you have a right to harbour violent thoughts because it's disconnected from gender? Don't make me rub your nose in your reasoning.


Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Violins (and other screeching implements of torture)

Post  Angelic on Wed Jun 27, 2018 6:44 pm

Papillon wrote:
Angelic wrote:It's not about what I want its about Nature being cold and uncaring and concerning matters of identity nature makes that choice for you.]

That's where you're wrong, hunny bunz. YOU get to decide how you feel. It's up to YOU whether you hand over your power to society. Homophobia isn't a natural law, and the sooner you stop pissing through your eyeballs about it, the sooner you'll get over it (and yourself). There are many courageous LGBTI people out there who suck it up and get on with living happy, fulfilled lives because they don't blame others for their lives' trajectory.


Your views of gender are rather sexist and dogmatic. In your mind girls should always be pacifist and never do violence.

Oh are they now?

lol!

Civilized human beings don't indulge in violence. Are you really going to argue that you have a right to harbour violent thoughts because it's disconnected from gender? Don't make me rub your nose in your reasoning.


Im sorry little lady but you seem mistaken. I don't think full on homophobia is natural, however I think a certain apprehension towards it is inborn. I don't think its natural for society to full on hate homos, but in general feel slightly apprehensive and standoffish towards it. It's like when I see gay porn I try to just ignore it and click the little x button out of it as fast as I can, sigh and try to search for lesbo porn.

Full blown hate of homos either comes from abuse or religion.

But your post seems to be a mess, I don't know what it had to do with what I said. I was saying that nature stuck me in a man's body which is a form of torture. And cruel nature is evil for doing so. And that there's nothing I can do until scientists step up and make better trans tech. Order of blame I do. 1. Nature, for making me stuck in a doomy body. 2. My mom for not buying nintendo stocks, also for being religious and not supporting my transition. 3. Society for inventing religion and being generally stupid.

When I see men such as Ben Shapiro I think he is pathetic and delusional but I respect the man because I see intelligence in him and I respect a man who goes on stage despite death threats and stands up to both sides. I respect anyone who is a middle man who does not engage in the dogma.

I view him as pathetic and delusional because he claims that transgender is a mental illness. At times like these a little brushing up on MRA would not do too much harm. Because in this day and age why would anyone want to be a man? Or in any day and age really? The only day I could see it is being a pirate of the seven seas, you are stuck being grubby and ugly but at least you get all the treasure you can muster. Thus it is illogical to say that transgender is a mental illness, because anyone who does not understand that being a woman is better than a man is delusional. Though his stances are understandable given that he is a handsome little married man who most likely comes from an upper-class family with a silver spoon at day one.


Your reasoning was that real girls dont engage in violence. This is an outdated belief system as many girls have extreme rage and anger issues. The only reason they don't engage in violence is because they have some degree of self-control and deeply fear legal or physical reprocutions. That is not to say that violence is uncivilized, as often violence is necessary to lay the very foundations of civilization, without violence there is no escape from tyranny, without violence we would not have founded the country of America, and though sadly America is falling into the tyranny of the police state due to a giant sickness of pacifism infecting the lands.
avatar
Angelic

Posts : 351
Join date : 2018-06-19

Back to top Go down

Violins (and other screeching implements of torture)

Post  Guest on Thu Jun 28, 2018 3:47 am

So much of TL;DR based on the straw man that I think girls should be pacifistic, or even implied as such.

You can backpedal all you like, and try and Gish gallop the fuck outta me with a stream of psychobabble all you like - the fact remains that you see personal violence as a legitimate means of changing someone's behaviour.

You've taken on board every cliche about personal honour and virile power projection that mainstream patriarchy could shove down your throat and you exalt in it, while moaning at every turn how nasty life and society is.

Life has made you its bitch, and you're not smart and wise and mature enough yet to see your way out.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Violins (and other screeching implements of torture)

Post  Angelic on Thu Jun 28, 2018 5:16 pm

Papillon wrote:So much of TL;DR based on the straw man that I think girls should be pacifistic, or even implied as such.

You can backpedal all you like, and try and Gish gallop the fuck outta me with a stream of psychobabble all you like - the fact remains that you see personal violence as a legitimate means of changing someone's behaviour.

You've taken on board every cliche about personal honour and virile power projection that mainstream patriarchy could shove down your throat and you exalt in it, while moaning at every turn how nasty life and society is.

Life has made you its bitch, and you're not smart and wise and mature enough yet to see your way out.

This is the case of a post which is not wrong enough to be wrong, or right enough to be right.
It is this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Not_even_wrong

Expect a real reply in a bit.
avatar
Angelic

Posts : 351
Join date : 2018-06-19

Back to top Go down

Re: Violins (and other screeching implements of torture)

Post  Angelic on Thu Jun 28, 2018 6:17 pm

Papillon wrote:So much of TL;DR based on the straw man that I think girls should be pacifistic, or even implied as such.

You can backpedal all you like, and try and Gish gallop the fuck outta me with a stream of psychobabble all you like - the fact remains that you see personal violence as a legitimate means of changing someone's behaviour.

You've taken on board every cliche about personal honour and virile power projection that mainstream patriarchy could shove down your throat and you exalt in it, while moaning at every turn how nasty life and society is.

Life has made you its bitch, and you're not smart and wise and mature enough yet to see your way out.

It wasn't a straw.

I mentioned something about violence. Then you said "Do you want to be a girl?" Directly implying that girls cant do violence.

You can backpedal all you like, and try and Gish gallop the fuck outta me with a stream of psychobabble all you like - the fact remains that you see personal violence as a legitimate means of changing someone's behaviour.
That's because it is. I personally see 2+2=4. If someone else doesn't see reality that doesn't change the fact 2+2=4.

If I have a tank, and I shove it someone's face, they will do what I say (9 times out of 10). This is fact. It is not a debate, violence is a tool to make people obey. The debate is, whether or not you think it is morally wrong, and in what cases is it morally wrong.

Violence is an effective means of altering behavior. For instance, in the past I thought about making counterfeit money to get a bite to eat when I was homeless. But I decided not to, under threat of violence. The police state threatened violence on me, by threatening to forcefully throw me in a cage, and throw away the key, if I made counterfeit money.

The threat of violence also stops violence. For instance, there was some people I hated, who I wanted to assault physically. But the threat of the police state, using violence against me, deterred me from committing the violence. Violence instills obedience.

Now, the only debate is whether or not beating up a transphobe, will actually alter his transphobic thought patterns. Possibly. But it's not really about that, its about getting personal satisfaction from those who cause us pain.

You've taken on board every cliche about personal honour and virile power projection that mainstream patriarchy could shove down your throat and you exalt in it, while moaning at every turn how nasty life and society is.

Life has made you its bitch, and you're not smart and wise and mature enough yet to see your way out.
Now this is when the fallacy begins to get deep (and dank). You conflate natural behavoir into patriarchy and remove cause and effect.

For example, if there was no patriarchy, a society of only lesbians. And an angry lesbian walked up to me and called me all sort of filthy names...
A. If I wish to commit violence on her, is that due to Patriarchy, or due to human nature?
B. If Patriarchy is the sole cause of violence then why is it that Patriarchy sends people to prison for committing minor street fights and bar scuffles and shames violent behavior.

Life has made you its bitch, and you're not smart and wise and mature enough yet to see your way out
That has multiple interpretations, some of which are nonsensical.

For instance, it could mean that the human world, people, with their social norms and rules have made me their bitch by forcing me to conform and obey.

Or it could mean that life, nature, indeed made me its bitch, by randomly making me born into a male body, turning me into a man. And that I do not have the brains enough to learn the science to alter my genetic code and turn into a female. However, the general gist of what you were trying to do to me was trying to be rude and offensive.
avatar
Angelic

Posts : 351
Join date : 2018-06-19

Back to top Go down

Re: Violins (and other screeching implements of torture)

Post  Guest on Fri Jun 29, 2018 12:01 am

How's the bear headdress workin' out for you?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Violins (and other screeching implements of torture)

Post  Angelic on Fri Jun 29, 2018 2:22 pm

Papillon wrote:How's the bear headdress workin' out for you?

I dont have one and I sent you a pm about it on the other boards but you never responded.
avatar
Angelic

Posts : 351
Join date : 2018-06-19

Back to top Go down

Re: Violins (and other screeching implements of torture)

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum