Actions, not prayers

Go down

Actions, not prayers

Post  Lesley Niyori on Thu Jun 28, 2018 5:14 pm

I often will post something here, and then think "hmm I'm sharing this on my Facebook."

Today, I wrote this on my Facebook, and I have decided to share it here.

While going lalala not listening, and distancing yourself from the negative, keep in mind, you are not fixing the problem.

I try not to dwell on the problem. But I also don't want your &^$%#$ ing prayers. I want your actions.

Don't ask God for help for me. I want YOUR help.
If you are not willing to actually help me with real actions, you can forget me being there when YOU need ME. Oh, I'll pray for you... How often has that worked for you in the past?

Every day, every single day, that I am out walking around town, I'm making a statement. I'm not just praying. I'm out there SHOWING people I'm transgender, I'm just an ordinary woman. I do ordinary things. I have ordinary hopes. I'm in their face.

It works. It's not enough to talk in a group meeting safely out of sight. It's nice to have those moments of shared experiences. But you will never accomplish anything if that's all you are doing. You won't learn what it's really like to be your real self alone in your home. And you won't gain much insight at the group meetings. But you will surely gain perspective meeting people at random out in public where they get to meet your real self.

Since I was interviewed for the news article, I have almost every single day (including Sundays), enjoyed meeting someone that has approached me and complimented me on that article. Conclusion. One instance of one horrible person has resulted in more people than I can recall now, demonstrating they are great people. Score = horrible people 1, and great people 20+ and counting.

I am winning.

I have a friend, well, she often flat-out denies a lot of the negative is real. She's always on and on and on about daddy God. And she wonders why people have trouble relating to her Smile I like the woman. She's a great friend. She's also a gullible idiot on a lot of things and thinks way too much of prayer's value. And even though she comes from a family that supposedly has money, and her education when she was young was private school, and she's white and Canadian, she's worse off than this transgender woman Smile But I have not had to rely on prayers being answered.

My friends (and you guys are on that list), don't just offer prayers, you've acted when I needed actions. You people are the solution. You are not the problem.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi, I'm the forum's resident brat
I find it important to point out I am indeed the first member here Smile
Lesley Niyori

Back to top Go down

Re: Actions, not prayers

Post  Celia Eriksson on Thu Jun 28, 2018 11:59 pm

Thank you Lesley, another well written piece. You realise that you are a part of the solution too and a very nice person too. Thank you.

Celia xx

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Take chances, make mistakes. That’s how you grow.
Mary Tyler Moore (1936-2017).
Celia Eriksson
Admin

http://thetransgendertimes.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down