Happy 4th everyone!

Go down

Happy 4th everyone!

Post  Jehanne on Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:01 pm

For you overseas, you should be celebrating, also; Trump, hopefully, will not be at work screwing-up the USA any more than he already is!

Jehanne

Back to top Go down

Re: Happy 4th everyone!

Post  Lucy Catherine Schoon on Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:04 pm

Trump has the bestest child cages.... So good, so very good.

Not on as better child cages then trump.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Love is natural,  hate is taught.... Like a Star @ heaven
Lucy Catherine Schoon

Back to top Go down

Post  Jehanne on Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:30 pm

And, located at Walmart!  How convenient!!

Jehanne

Back to top Go down

Post  MichaelaSJ on Wed Jul 04, 2018 12:33 am

I remember when celebrating 'The Fourth of July' had meaning.

Not so much anymore. I glad that we are still a Country that raise its head up against the tyranny of a king and declared itself independent. But look at where we are headed now.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you don't want a man unhappy politically, don't give him two sides to a question to worry him; give him one. Better yet, give him none. Let him forget there is such a thing as war. If the Government is inefficient, top-heavy, and tax-mad, better it is all those than that people worry over it. Peace, Montag.
Fahrenheit 451

MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson on Wed Jul 04, 2018 6:45 am

Farmer George (III) was hardly a tyrant, poor old soul... it was more about Parliament not granting representation and taxing the hell out of the American Colonies. KGIII was effectively a figurehead and a pretty useless one, easily influenced into dissolving parliaments, about all he could do. 

The monarchy, by then, had little effective power and was far from the total monarchy that preceded the later Stuarts, it has even less power now.

The, (supposed), entry of KGIII in his diary, 4th. July 1776, ('twas two to three weeks by ship to the Americas)...... 
"Nothing of great importance happened today."

Happy 4th of July!

Take chances, make mistakes. That’s how you grow.
Mary Tyler Moore (1936-2017).
Celia Eriksson
Admin

http://thetransgendertimes.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Wed Jul 04, 2018 7:11 am

Let the Chinese fireworks fly!!

(Sorry, I couldn't resist) Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Anna Mull on Wed Jul 04, 2018 2:43 pm

Feliz cuatro de julio.

Today's also my birthday. Smile
Anna Mull

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaibeth on Thu Jul 05, 2018 12:19 am

Happy "My PTSD Is Going Apeshit" Day to all my fellow Americans. And a blessed Wednesday to the rest of you.

That's not flying! That's falling with style!
There is an art to flying, or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.

Trans support chat - link to room below rules.
Kaibeth

Back to top Go down

Post  MichaelaSJ on Thu Jul 05, 2018 2:31 am

Anna Mull wrote:Today's also my birthday. Smile

¡Feliz Cumpleaños, Anna!

If you don't want a man unhappy politically, don't give him two sides to a question to worry him; give him one. Better yet, give him none. Let him forget there is such a thing as war. If the Government is inefficient, top-heavy, and tax-mad, better it is all those than that people worry over it. Peace, Montag.
Fahrenheit 451

MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Post  Jehanne on Thu Jul 05, 2018 12:27 pm

Celia Eriksson wrote:Farmer George (III) was hardly a tyrant, poor old soul... it was more about Parliament not granting representation and taxing the hell out of the American Colonies. KGIII was effectively a figurehead and a pretty useless one, easily influenced into dissolving parliaments, about all he could do. 

The monarchy, by then, had little effective power and was far from the total monarchy that preceded the later Stuarts, it has even less power now.

The, (supposed), entry of KGIII in his diary, 4th. July 1776, ('twas two to three weeks by ship to the Americas)...... 
"Nothing of great importance happened today."

Happy 4th of July!

I am no historian, but as a US-born citizen, I think that the Kings of England, during America's War of Independence (King George?), were all good, decent men, much better than our present monarch.  The way that I look at it is that the King could have, if he wanted to, massacred his colonial citizens ("Us"); instead, he wanted to win the love and hearts of his subjects, which is why the American Revolution took as long as it did (some 8 years, as I recall.)  The English soldiers were only targeting "mutinous traitors" and not the loyal English subjects, which is why the war dragged on, at least until George Washington could field a professional, trained army.  It was only after it became clear to the Crown and everyone else that America was a lost cause, that it was time to call an end to it all.

Jehanne

Back to top Go down

Post  MichaelaSJ on Fri Jul 06, 2018 2:50 am

There was a VERY, VERY EXCELLENT mini-series about John Adams. After a successful revolution, Adams was appointed Ambassador to England and I remember a scene where he met with the King and the King being so sad about losing his children in the Colonies.

Oh well, shoulda, coulda, woulda treated the folk across the pond a tad better and maybe the king might have saved a large part of his empire a little while longer.

Fahrenheit 451

MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Post  Jehanne on Sat Jul 07, 2018 1:47 pm

I once had a history graduate who told me that after the American revolution that tax rates doubled for the former colonists!  So much for "taxation without representation"!!

Jehanne

Back to top Go down

Post  MichaelaSJ on Sat Jul 07, 2018 9:05 pm

Many people think that the government can get by without needing any revenue - as in taxes.
Many people also think they can continue to ask their government to do more and more without any increase in revenue - read taxes.
The Dems like to give their constituents everything without telling them they have to pay for the everything - as in taxes.
The GOP likes to reduce taxes without having to reduce any part of government - as in increased deficits (or deferred taxes).
Folks, you gotta pay for what you get.

Fahrenheit 451

MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson on Sat Jul 07, 2018 11:57 pm

But you Americans were getting lots of goodies from the Briitish, I reckon you cut your nose to spite ya face!  queen

Take chances, make mistakes. That’s how you grow.
Mary Tyler Moore (1936-2017).
Celia Eriksson
Admin

http://thetransgendertimes.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  MichaelaSJ on Sun Jul 08, 2018 8:50 pm

We are very, very good at this task!

Fahrenheit 451

MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down