The Transgender Boards
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Good news, I think!

3 posters

Go down

Good news, I think! Empty Good news, I think!

Post  Celia Eriksson Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:33 pm

So I am testing out how the new analytics are going. The boards are still in the infant stages and it is going to be touch and go for a while yet before we know whether they survive. I am hopeful.

On search engine Bing, a search for the 'The Transgender Times' is now second on page one. 

On Google it is not on the first twenty pages..... when 'The Transgender Times Free Forum' is put in, we are number one, page one. I have pushed, through anylytical description, but nothing is apparent. I guess if we use Google, rather than using History, if we type in 'The Transgender Times Free Forum; the first three words together may move towards favour when potential new members search. But Bing is looking good!

Can anyone with Mozilla try and report what comes up?

Celia xx

Celia Eriksson
Admin

https://thetransgendertimes.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Good news, I think! Empty Re: Good news, I think!

Post  Tara Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:11 pm

I'm using Mozilla Firefox on Windoze 10. A search for "The Transgender Times" on DuckDuckGo put the link second on page one. "Transgender Times" does not find the forum, so the article is important.

Bing gives me nothing, unless I quote the full "The Transgender Times", then it's the second link on the first page. Google gave me nothing, even if I quote it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
~*~ Tara

"Believe nothing you hear, and only one half that you see." — Edgar A. Poe
Tara
Tara

Back to top Go down

Post  MichaelaSJ Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:06 am

I use MS Edge and when I queried Cortana showed it in second position.

Note: Cortana is MS's silly virtual assistant.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Disobedience in the eyes of any one who has read history is man's original virtue. "—Oscar Wilde.
If you don't want a man unhappy politically, don't give him two sides to a question to worry him; give him one. Better yet, give him none. Let him forget there is such a thing as war. If the Government is inefficient, top-heavy, and tax-mad, better it is all those than that people worry over it. Peace, Montag.
Fahrenheit 451
“lifelong atheist, not afraid of burning in hell,” Ron Reagan FFRF
MichaelaSJ
MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Post  Tara Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:41 pm

MichaelaSJ wrote:Note: Cortana is MS's silly virtual assistant.

So Cortana is basically an update of Clippy?

~*~ Tara

"Believe nothing you hear, and only one half that you see." — Edgar A. Poe
Tara
Tara

Back to top Go down

Post  MichaelaSJ Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:50 pm

Why, please tell me why you had to bring that back to life!

Cortana is basically, MS's answer to Siri. It mostly gets in the way. I refuse to give my life over to Siri or Cortana or Alexis.

"Disobedience in the eyes of any one who has read history is man's original virtue. "—Oscar Wilde.
If you don't want a man unhappy politically, don't give him two sides to a question to worry him; give him one. Better yet, give him none. Let him forget there is such a thing as war. If the Government is inefficient, top-heavy, and tax-mad, better it is all those than that people worry over it. Peace, Montag.
Fahrenheit 451
“lifelong atheist, not afraid of burning in hell,” Ron Reagan FFRF
MichaelaSJ
MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down