The Brits may have lost the World Cup, but..

Go down

The Brits may have lost the World Cup, but..

Post  MichaelaSJ on Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:39 pm

some Brits (Celia and Marie included) have found a place in my heart.

For more information, goto https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/donald-trump-crop-circle_us_5b46e80ae4b022fdcc55f95c

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you don't want a man unhappy politically, don't give him two sides to a question to worry him; give him one. Better yet, give him none. Let him forget there is such a thing as war. If the Government is inefficient, top-heavy, and tax-mad, better it is all those than that people worry over it. Peace, Montag.
Fahrenheit 451

MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Re: The Brits may have lost the World Cup, but..

Post  Tara on Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:52 pm

Of course, The Donald won't know what it means, as he's barely literate in English, and has no curiosity to find out. He'll probably think it's a good thing.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
~*~ Tara

"Believe nothing you hear, and only one half that you see." — Edgar A. Poe
Tara

Back to top Go down

Post  MichaelaSJ on Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:55 am

Maybe Putin will let him in on the slur Rolling Eyes  next week in Helsinki.

If you don't want a man unhappy politically, don't give him two sides to a question to worry him; give him one. Better yet, give him none. Let him forget there is such a thing as war. If the Government is inefficient, top-heavy, and tax-mad, better it is all those than that people worry over it. Peace, Montag.
Fahrenheit 451

MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Post  Abby on Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:29 am

It's a shame Trump will not see the big baby over London. Then again he would see it as some sort of tribute.
Oh not being picky it was England in the world cup not Britain.

To those who've survived: Breath. That's it. Once more. Good. Your good. Even if you're not, you're alive. That is a victory. Jemisin

I am dyslexic, and normally use a smart phone to interact with the world. So the words written may not be the words intended to be used.
Abby

Back to top Go down

Post  MichaelaSJ on Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:26 am

Abby wrote:It's a shame Trump will not see the big baby over London. Then again he would see it as  some sort of tribute.
He is reportedly VERY sensitive about being called a baby - but I do appreciate the thought!

Abby wrote:Oh not being picky it was England in the world cup not Britain.
I know it was England, but for the most part, in the States the only folk who refer to the 'English' are the Amish (Swiss German Anabaptist immigrants to the US in the 1700s). Everyone who is not Amish is the 'English'.

Fahrenheit 451

MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson on Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:05 am

I'm always amazed by crop circles, the guys doing them must be very clever, it's done by flattening wheat or barley and leaving parts standing. It must take a lot of working out.

Anyway, Britain is lucky to be allowed three teams in the World Cup, albeit qualifying stages usually, England, Wales and Scotland. Many other nations might want to do the same! Imagine if the USA demanded 50? Maybe the EU should only be allowed to have one? Surely they are similar entities, a federal and state set up? Tongue pushed firmly in cheek and twirled a bit..... !

Take chances, make mistakes. That’s how you grow.
Mary Tyler Moore (1936-2017).
Celia Eriksson
Admin

http://thetransgendertimes.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  mariehart1 on Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:34 pm

Celia Eriksson wrote:I'm always amazed by crop circles, the guys doing them must be very clever, it's done by flattening wheat or barley and leaving parts standing. It must take a lot of working out.

Anyway, Britain is lucky to be allowed three teams in the World Cup, albeit qualifying stages usually, England, Wales and Scotland. Many other nations might want to do the same! Imagine if the USA demanded 50? Maybe the EU should only be allowed to have one? Surely they are similar entities, a federal and state set up? Tongue pushed firmly in cheek and twirled a bit..... !
Well Ireland has two teams, Ireland and Northern Ireland but NI is part of the UK still so the UK has four teams and between us there's five in these Islands. Confused? well you should be. I think Jersey was keen to join in too at one stage.

michaela some Brits (Celia and Marie included) have found a place in my heart. wrote:
Well thanks but I'm not a Brit. I might have been if Mum and Dad had moved to England when she became pregnant before getting married. Or a Canadian, Dad was offered a good job there. But no I'm Irish. I do think it might have been useful to be British at times. Four of my nephews and nieces hold joint British and Irish nationalities. If one of them stays in America any longer she might end up with an American passport. That's a lot of passports!

But the best passport is Irish, many people who qualify get one because in some foreign places they've either never heard of you or think you're harmless. Eases the passage through officialdom. With Brexit coming a lot of British people with Irish ancestry have obtained Irish passports to stay an EU citizen so they can avoid being strip searched as they try to enter the EU from next year. Laughing

As for crop circles, clearly even the aliens are against Trump. I love the British sense of humour in those things. Like in the other thread. The Scots also had some choice things to say about Trump but as it was in their own dialect no one else knows what they're getting at. Razz

mariehart1

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down