Never say it will never happen

Go down

Never say it will never happen

Post  Lesley Niyori on Wed Aug 01, 2018 6:27 pm

Here in jolly ole Ontario, where everything seems like sunshine and rainbows....

There was this program called the Basic Income Pilot program being tried out in Ontario.
To help people with lame incomes get a bit of a leg up.

Now I never thought the program was a 'good idea', and as a result, I avoided the allure of a 'few more bucks'. But I like a life with no disruption, even if the disruption is from maybe a good thing.

Recently the provincial Liberal government was totally trashed by the current provincial PC government. The Basic Income Pilot program has been axed by the PCs (oh that's going to make a lot of enemies alright).

Here's the thing, all through the program it's been all about how the program would be ok, it wasn't going anywhere. Ahh, no, that's not actually the case. It's going to be gone in 3 months, not 3 years.

I know people on this program and many of them are going to be QUITE angry. There's going to be a LOT of overworked and overloaded social/case workers in Ontario shortly.

People are going to lose their car, the home, a lot of ripples are coming thanks to this sudden cessation in funding. Meanwhile, sadly, I'm sitting here probably trying to not say "I told you so." And I'm also damned glad I took a pass. Because this is going to cause a quite heavy load of serious harm to a lot of people for the next 6 months to a year while this mess is sorted out.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi, I'm the forum's resident brat
I find it important to point out I am indeed the first member here Smile
Lesley Niyori

Back to top Go down

Re: Never say it will never happen

Post  Tara on Wed Aug 01, 2018 7:27 pm

Doug Ford appears to this American to be a Trump wannabee, sharing in common the desire to cause as much hurt to those in need as he can, to appeal to his base. He even has the goofy facial expressions. At least he doesn't appear to eat overcooked steaks slathered in catsup.

Whether or not the basic income program was a good idea, yanking out from under the feet of people was thoughtless at best, and more likely spiteful.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
~*~ Tara

"Believe nothing you hear, and only one half that you see." — Edgar A. Poe
Tara

Back to top Go down