The Transgender Boards
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lost my religion

3 posters

Go down

Lost my religion Empty Lost my religion

Post  Lesley Niyori Sun May 20, 2018 11:49 pm

I have been something of a Canadian Anglican church member for like forever.

I was very happy to be baptized as me in recent times (near the start of my transition).

I have had no trouble 'believing' in God even though no one would say my stance is common.

But a recent news item was the last straw for me. Something in me broke. Not snapped, just broke.

I read of a woman in Indonesia, yes, a faraway place, who blew herself up while riding a motorbike. Nothing too radical other than she did it while her small daughter was with her.

I read of this on Mother's day of all days. She had killed her child on Mother's day.

All for her religious beliefs, that taught her to hate so much, that she has to kill random persons opposed to her beliefs.

It doesn't matter if it is Judaism, or Islam, or Christianity. They are all peoples of the book. That book. Not that they are the only religions out there that can be nasty. They also have their own versions of the book. But in the end, they all reference the same diety. They call him God, with a capital H in Him. In other words, they preach God is a HE.

I became suddenly angry.

I became suddenly intolerant of all things religion that were male-driven male-dominated and clearly and obviously misogynistic. Look at their dogma and it is plain, it is written by men. Adam came first in blatant defiance of biological reality. You were born of a female, and in your earliest portion of your growth, you were female. But men can't cope with that. All things come from a female.

God is a creation of a man. He's called Father because of a man. Everything about the world's main religions is male-centric, male-controlled, and male-oriented. The narrative is an entirely male viewpoint. Male bias is everywhere. It was Eve's fault in the garden of Eden. Women are sinful creatures to be covered up.

Enough damn it.

I have elected to discard all of it. The entire and complete totality of it all. All of it. I have not kept any of it.

I am not expecting Jesus to save me from anything. I am not willing to accept there will be any Revelation.
I don't think my species is special, and I don't think creation was made for our arrogant little species.

I don't think anything bad is about to happen regardless of how dedicated humanity is to the killing of each other in the Middle East. We have been killing each other in that region since we figured out agriculture and building of cities. We likely will continue to kill each other there long after I am dust.

I am turning my back on all of it in disgust.

I'm of Celtic origins. When I listen to Enya, it fires my blood up. I'm likely a closet pagan.
I've always had a soft spot for Gaea.
I think there is either a spirit in anything living, or there are no spirits at all. I'm all for the former.
I think all life is created from the non-living building blocks that all life is made of.
I believe when I die, my building blocks go back into the supply, and my spirit waits to be reassigned.
I'm not suggesting conventional reincarnation automatically.

I do not think there is 'good' and 'evil' in the cliche usage. I think all life operates the way it was made. Bears and lions and sharks are all predators. They have a job. And prey animals have a job too. And they don't over think their purpose. Only humanity seems to do that.

From here on in, I'm going to just try to live my life well, and try to appreciate what I have, and be thankful for that which allows me to live, and try to be deserving of all that makes it happen.

I am not an atheist. I'm also not a religious person.
I am a daughter of Gaea.
I am a human being.
I'm also a transgender female version of human.
Lesley Niyori
Lesley Niyori

Back to top Go down

Lost my religion Empty Re: Lost my religion

Post  Guest Sat May 26, 2018 6:09 pm

Well I am a Celt. I sit here barely fifty miles from where my tribe and surname originated a thousand years ago. A member of the Dalcassian sept. They were Christian thanks to the Roman Patrick who cleverly co opted Pagan traditions into the new religion. Both Christmas and Halloween were pagan events modified for Christianity.
So the paganism was never really lost. But of paganism was a religion too with all the failings and violence that goes with it.
I too have rejected religion and the God myth long ago. Santa is more believable.
I don't believe in life after death but I think we are recycled because that's nature's way. Energy is never lost. I like the idea of reincarnation, in fact my young son told us not to worry about people dying as they come back as another baby. He remembers something. Freaked us out a bit.
But our main job is to do our best in this life for ourselves and not rely on an imaginary sky fairy to direct us.

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson Tue May 29, 2018 6:31 pm

I always ask myself why? What would be the point of a universe, or universes to give and extinguish sentinel thoughts entirely? I get quite philosophicacall about it all. Like, (just a smidgeon of thoughts upon the subject), there is the question of the three endings of the universe. Constant expansion, constant implosion and explosion, (it cannot implode and remain stable as pinhead sized), or a levelling out a balance of matter that exactly stops expansion and prevents implosion. 

The first, the constant expansion suggests that the energy, which Marie is quite right about, will spread so far and wide never to reconnect. It is a finite universe for all matter larger than single atoms, it is a universe that will wither, go dark and die.

The other two possible endings lead to all kinds of theory about infinity and infinite regeneration, for time would be infinite in some mode or other. And with such regenerative infinity, absolutely anything is possible, this is why most atheist scientists prefer the constant expansion ending theory. It totally wipes out creator or regenerative theorum but more importantly, the infinity is nothingness, for eventually every atom will be ever further apart.

Religion is man made, but reality is not. Measuring time is man made, but time is not. I have an open mind to anything that is possible and afterlife is one thing I don't discard as being impossible. I'd like to explain it properly, give me a summer's evening with a bottle of wine and I might be able to explain myself better! Celia xx

Celia Eriksson
Admin

https://thetransgendertimes.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  jentay1367 Wed May 30, 2018 4:55 am

Religion is man made, but reality is not. Measuring time is man made, but time is not. I have an open mind to anything that is possible and afterlife is one thing I don't discard as being impossible. I'd like to explain it properly, give me a summer's evening with a bottle of wine and I might be able to explain myself better! Celia x

That was profound, prolific, eloquent and beautiful, C. I can't imagine any amount of wine or anything else for the matter that might improve it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Everything you want is on the other side of fear

jentay1367

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down