on the meaning of myths

Go down

on the meaning of myths

Post  Angelic on Fri Aug 03, 2018 2:00 pm

There is an ancient greek myth called Narcissus. I think the greeks were fascinated with transsexualism. Zeus swore to be hetero until he met that one androgenous guy god, who I forgot his name. And he fell in love.

Hermaphroditus, also, is the greek's fascination with transsexualism and gender. Then there is Loki, who is not Greek per'se, but is greekish.

In any case I think Narcissus is an allegory of a transsexual. Because at the end, he turns into a flower, which is a metaphor of a woman. And transsexuals on facebook are narcissists who spam selfies all day.

I also think society misunderstands narcissism. Society accuses narcissists of having no compassion, but I think they are confusing psychopaths with narcissists. I met some narcissists who are the nicest and most compassionate people I ever met. I just think personality quirks get blurred down the lines and some people confuse sociopaths for psychopaths, narcissists for psychopaths and call some psychopaths narcissists, and somewhere along the lines narcissists are incorrectly labelled and incorrectly categorized.
Angelic

Back to top Go down

Re: on the meaning of myths

Post  Tara on Fri Aug 03, 2018 3:16 pm

An interesting one from a transgender perspective is Tiresias.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
~*~ Tara

"Believe nothing you hear, and only one half that you see." — Edgar A. Poe
Tara

Back to top Go down

Post  Angelic on Fri Aug 03, 2018 4:41 pm

Tara wrote:An interesting one from a transgender perspective is Tiresias.

Ah yes I remember him now. I first heard about him in an old Peter Gabriel song and thought Peter was making some sort of mistake, because he said "An old man who was once a woman." I thought my ears had deceived me but now I know it to be true.

Also when I am reading about his sex-change I find it funny. There is something inherently funny about the word sex-change. I use to go to an elitist school and they would troll me because I was gullible and tell me they got a sex-change, and I used to believe them and want one for myself. Most people are too serious. Most people don't get my sense of humor. For instance I will be out and about in public and sitting by myself. And i will just start laughing out of something funny in my head. And everyone looks at me hatefully and is so serious. And sometimes even inanimate objects are funny to me. Just the way objects look and move is just so hilarious. And people just don't get it. For example I thought it would be funny to make a scene in a movie of the future 100 years in the future (not the year 3000) where 100 years in the future everyone is Fat obese like Jabba the Hutt. And that they take a remote to turn on the TV, but claim even the remote is too much work and pushing 2 buttons is passe, and that they need to make psychic technology to turn on the TV instantly. I thought the scene would be hilarious but my friend didn't even laugh. Sad

So I know its just like, some people take the topic of sex-change with a monk-like reverence. Like I imagine some catholic monks in red robes in a dimly lit candle lit hall, slowly walking with candles in their hands and serious expression, walking to the almighty altar of the holy sex-change, and so if I say the topic of sex-change is funny to me they will get mad, that I do not feel so serious and am on my knees gently balancing candles in a dimly lit room. And so, in another one of my movies it would be a scene of this nice metropolis. And everyone there is walkin to the skyscrapers walking past friends on the streets. And its like, "Hey did I get my daily sex-change? Yes I got my daily sex-change." And its like, people casually just walking into these sex-change booths and get a sex-change everyday. And it's like a shower, if you don't get a sex-change at least once a week you are viewed as a weirdo, like if you don't shower once a week you are viewed as odd, even though in the 1800's there were no showers and people didn't bathe that often. And I find it humourous but some people just don't get comedy.
Angelic

Back to top Go down

Post  Tara on Fri Aug 03, 2018 5:05 pm

Angelic wrote:And it's like a shower, if you don't get a sex-change at least once a week you are viewed as a weirdo, like if you don't shower once a week you are viewed as odd, even though in the 1800's there were no showers and people didn't bathe that often. And I find it humourous but some people just don't get comedy.

Have you read Ursula K. LeGuin's The Left Hand of Darkness? It's monthly, not weekly, and a natural occurrence not requiring a sex-change booth, but still, not that far from what you are imagining, I think.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
~*~ Tara

"Believe nothing you hear, and only one half that you see." — Edgar A. Poe
Tara

Back to top Go down

Post  Angelic on Fri Aug 03, 2018 5:49 pm

Tara wrote:
Angelic wrote:And it's like a shower, if you don't get a sex-change at least once a week you are viewed as a weirdo, like if you don't shower once a week you are viewed as odd, even though in the 1800's there were no showers and people didn't bathe that often. And I find it humourous but some people just don't get comedy.

Have you read Ursula K. LeGuin's The Left Hand of Darkness? It's monthly, not weekly, and a natural occurrence not requiring a sex-change booth, but still, not that far from what you are imagining, I think.

My brain feels like a mix of aneurysm and diarrhea so no I have not read much lately. Filled too much with jaded thinking emotions to want to submit myself back to fantasy land.
Angelic

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down