Let's Count With Pictures!!!

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

Re: Let's Count With Pictures!!!

Post  Lesley Niyori on Sun Jul 08, 2018 11:41 am

Celia Eriksson wrote:Patten M48?

That was almost painful to read Smile

That is a WW2 German panzerkampfwagen mkV Panther tank. A model. It's pink hence a 'pink panther' hehe. And it is in 1/48th scale. I made it. That's my model.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi, I'm the forum's resident brat
I find it important to point out I am indeed the first member here Smile
Lesley Niyori

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson on Sun Jul 08, 2018 7:19 pm

Oh sorry, tanks aren't my kinda thing. Cool colour for one though!.... and I like the Pink Panther thing!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Take chances, make mistakes. That’s how you grow.
Mary Tyler Moore (1936-2017).
Celia Eriksson
Admin

http://thetransgendertimes.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson on Sun Jul 08, 2018 7:23 pm

So here's my one..... can ya work it out?

Celia Eriksson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  MichaelaSJ on Sun Jul 08, 2018 8:28 pm

Ok, I am stumped.

A movie "My Darling Clementine" made in 1946 - where does 49 come into play?

If you don't want a man unhappy politically, don't give him two sides to a question to worry him; give him one. Better yet, give him none. Let him forget there is such a thing as war. If the Government is inefficient, top-heavy, and tax-mad, better it is all those than that people worry over it. Peace, Montag.
Fahrenheit 451

MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson on Sun Jul 08, 2018 11:08 pm

Really Miki!!!!!!

And you a yankee doodley dandily type gal and all!!!!

In a cavern, in a canyon
Excavating for a mine
Dwelt a miner, forty-niner
And his daughter Clementine

Last edited by Celia Eriksson on Sun Jul 08, 2018 11:49 pm; edited 1 time in total

Celia Eriksson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  MichaelaSJ on Sun Jul 08, 2018 11:26 pm

...she bangs her nose on a knee while trying to hide her head between her knees.

If you don't want a man unhappy politically, don't give him two sides to a question to worry him; give him one. Better yet, give him none. Let him forget there is such a thing as war. If the Government is inefficient, top-heavy, and tax-mad, better it is all those than that people worry over it. Peace, Montag.
Fahrenheit 451

MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson on Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:14 am

Ok, well those of the headbanging upon knee variety, please place a plump cushion upon one's lap right now! Done?

Ok, here is a real easy peasy one! I thought I'd make it interesting by giving clues, but hey, you girls would not make good detectyives!

If ya Americans don't get this one, well.....

Celia Eriksson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  MichaelaSJ on Tue Aug 07, 2018 1:07 am

Robert Heft - the designer of our current flag showing FIFTY, let me repeat that 50 states represented by the layout in the upper left corner of the flag.

Fahrenheit 451

MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson on Tue Aug 07, 2018 4:42 pm

So it's top of the class for Miki!! But that was an easy one, so here is the next one, still easy, but my contributions to this numbery game will get harder!!!!!

Celia Eriksson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  MichaelaSJ on Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:29 pm

Oh, please Celia - let's get away from the easy stuff: Razz

Antimony - atomic number 51 on the periodic table.
Antimony is a chemical element with symbol Sb and atomic number 51. A lustrous gray metalloid, it is found in nature mainly as the sulfide mineral stibnite. Antimony compounds have been known since ancient times and were powdered for use as medicine and cosmetics, often known by the Arabic name, kohl. Metallic antimony was also known, but it was erroneously identified as lead upon its discovery. The earliest known description of the metal in the West was written in 1540 by Vannoccio Biringuccio.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antimony

Fahrenheit 451

MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson on Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:34 pm

Ok Michaela..... try this one then!!!!

or

or

Celia Eriksson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  MichaelaSJ on Wed Aug 08, 2018 3:09 am

Ya got me, I cannot/do not understand the first image? Any chance of a hint Question

Fahrenheit 451

MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson on Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:31 am

Oh dear. Ok the ll is not number eleven or the roman number two. It's a mathematical symbol and a geographical symbol. It's pointing to the earth. Here it is geographical.

The first picture is Ghengis Khan of Mongolia.

I could have included pictures of many more places, I showed only three.

Try and get it before reading on...….

No peeking, you naughty girl!

Ladadadadadadada...

Ok, this should help you most. If I showed Vietnam, I would maybe looking at number 17, not 52.

Celia Eriksson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson on Mon Aug 20, 2018 5:33 pm

Well, as Miki has worked so hard for the last few weeks trying to solve this puzzle I am afraid I have to tell the world the answer, as I don't think she will ever get it. It is, of course, the 52nd parallelell that runs through Mongolia and Alaska and that.

So I will dumb down a liccle and make it a bit easy peasy lemon squeezier for our next number.....

Celia Eriksson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  MichaelaSJ on Mon Aug 20, 2018 7:53 pm

Celia Eriksson wrote:It is, of course, the 52nd parallelell that runs through Mongolia and Alaska and that.
I thought it had something to do with latitude but my brain cells started to revolt and I wasn't able to get to the answer.

Good question tough.

As always, a bit of personal history. The Volkswagen, being a German car closely associated with Hitler and the Third Reich was going to be a tough sell outside of Germany.

The father of my older Sister's husband had started a successful autoparts distribution business right after WWII and was offered the West Coast distributorship for the Volkswagen brand. Since he was a D-Day survivor, he still retained bad thoughts about anything German and he turned down the offer. He kicked himself often for not being wise to the future.

Oh, well!

My first VW was a used 1964 bug and I also had a new 1972 VW bug. They were fun to drive and also gave some credence to my 'liberal' outlook on life. Republicans would never drive anything not-American in the '60s and '70s.

Fahrenheit 451

MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson on Tue Aug 21, 2018 1:33 pm

Hi Miki!!!!!

Your Father would have made quite a mint on such a deal! Yes the bug, (UK:beetle), is an iconic car as is the VW Camper, especially the 'V' fronted ones. They brought back the modern version of the bug/beetle which are not as nice and also are in the process of bringing in a modern version of the VW Camper, an electric version to boot. I hope they look the same!

Oh my, Miki, Miki, Miki...... Oh Miki, Miki, Miki....... you're wrong!!!!!

Well, here is another clue. So that is not the particular car in question, sorry I will punish myself for misleading you by showing that pic, by not having a sip of my coffee for one whole minute...………………………………  Schluuuurp  Embarassed  Oh dear, I will think of something else.... anyway, the original was a 1963 Volkswagen Bug/Beetle deluxe ragtop/softtop sedan/saloon in Pearl Ivory and was very famous when I was a child and would have been so when you were driving the second model around in '72!

Celia xx

Celia Eriksson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson on Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:41 pm

Well, it is very clear that Miki is not very good at this!!!! So I will reveal all as she has been working on this for months, night and day and I must put my dear friend out of her misery and give the answer!

It is, of course...…..

So here is another for you to work upon for the next few months Miki and everyone else can play too! It should be pretty obvious what the next number is BTW, it goes up numerically, 51, 52, 53, 54, etc...!!!!!!!!!!

The quiz, designed by Beth, is to give the answer to what is happening here, the connection with the number, not to name the number!!!!!!

I'm not really in those key places BTW for those poor souls that may think that I am!

Celia Eriksson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson on Sun Nov 04, 2018 11:31 pm

Bump!!!!! Well come on girls, do none of you not know the answer to what 54 has to do with these pics? Let's get this one, number 54, through and maybe someone can do number 55! Please try not to make it obvious, make us work out what it is about the number 55, that has to do with your picture(s)....

Celia Eriksson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5