What are your liccle pleasures?

Go down

What are your liccle pleasures?

Post  Celia Eriksson on Sun Aug 26, 2018 9:09 pm

So we talked about this at work, the liccle things that make you happy, make you smile. The things that give you pleasure. I said lots of these things, but thought I'd put them down in order as a top ten. In order of what I like most, and then put in order just which I actually do most often these days in brackets at the end!…… no I'm not gonna get on the subject of rolling 'tween the sheets, coz that would be 11th in ofteness…. Crying or Very sad

So tell me yours too!

1. Kissing. Ok, I said nothing 'bout sex, but kissing someone has to be the most pleasurable thing of all for me. Also to give that pleasure to someone that likes or loves you too. To have someone special hold me and kiss me.....  Embarassed … yes number one. (10th most often)

2. Shopping. The hunt, the swishing through the rails, spotting that magical piece along the aisle, the captures, the joy! Then the coffee to discuss with my friends/Mother and/or Niece about everything we have bought! (1st)

3. The restaurant or gastro pub. The ambience, of a good restaurant or olde worldy foody pub, the anticipation of a meal with friends, better still a nice man, the romanticalness of it all! Especially in winter, a nice fire, a nice wine, great food and good conversation! (6th)

4. A bubbly bath. Hot, hot, hot, lots of soft bubbles and a few candles, not too many, the radio on 'Classic FM' or 'Gold'. Time to relax..... then there is that glow once I've done the creams and lotions of warmness snuggled on the sofa with a glass of wine or cocoa! (3) Yes third most often, but it does not mean I wash less than I shop or do my laundry! I just don't get to bubbly bath every night, I shower...and not just at night.

5. Breakfast a la fresco with no work in sight for ages! Yes, eating brekky outside, especially in a sunkissed land in a villa or on a sunny day. It is usually muesli and bananias, or marmalade or local jam on toast, coffee or tea and an orange juice. The sun coming up and warming upon another day! (8th)

6. Cooking for other people. Well, ideally one other of course, but the joy of working out what I'm going to serve, getting the stuff, cooking and serving is a true pleasure when compliments are forthcoming. I do a Celia special starter, a ramikin with layers of tuna, cream, egg and cheese topping (yes it tastes great!) or a King Prawn pastry with a cream cheese sauce My favourite mains to serve are my Lasagne, or cottage pie, or a superb steak and kidney pie in shortcrust with all the trimmings, or a beef roast. I do a nice Chicken casserole and a delicious beef stew. My sweets are seasonal, so rhubarb or apple crumble with either custard or ice cream or baked alaska or lemon meringue. (9)

7. Walking somewhere beautiful. Not far, of course a few miles tops and not when it's too hot or cold or raining. But a walk along a beautiful beach, or a nature trail is something I enjoy lots. (7)

8. Being chatted up or flirted with, or seeing a guy checking me out, a wink, a smile. (5)

9. This may sound silly to you. Fresh laundry! Fresh bedsheets number one.... but also fresh bath towels! Of course my clothes are always fresh, but I love snugglin' into nice fresh sweet smelling sheets. (2)

10. I enjoy my sports of golf and badminton, both give me immense pleasure! It helps keep me fit and I missed a couple of months of golf recently coz of the horrid hot weather, but I'm getting out on the links again now. (4)

So yes, my life ATM is mostly, not entirely, fulfilled with shopping, bubbly baths and clean linen.  rabbit

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Take chances, make mistakes. That’s how you grow.
Mary Tyler Moore (1936-2017).
Celia Eriksson
Admin

http://thetransgendertimes.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: What are your liccle pleasures?

Post  mariehart1 on Sun Aug 26, 2018 11:09 pm

Yes all of the above accept maybe ten although I like golf.

Fresh laundry, only today. I washed the duvet, cover and pillow and every piece of dirty clothes in the house. Underwear and all.
Tomorrow I don't have to get up for work.

I have to cook. It's my job. As a result, my kids are critical of kids menus in restauraunts.
So yeah, it's it's one to eight.
Plus one kissing. I like kissing. My boys kiss me all the time. Plus I kiss my wife too, because I love her.

mariehart1

Back to top Go down

Post  Jehanne on Mon Aug 27, 2018 1:10 am

Getting all of my (and, my spouse's) housework done!

Jehanne

Back to top Go down

Post  MichaelaSJ on Mon Aug 27, 2018 6:13 am

I do not read much, especially novels, but I do remember, way back when, an opening line (I think either from the 'Catcher of the Rye' or 'Tropic of Cancer, I can't remember - maybe something else) where the protagonist opens with pissing off his roof first thing in the morning and mentioning that was almost better than sex.

Since I still have my boy parts and I don't care to climb on my roof; pissing into the cuvette first thing in morning will have to satify the simile. (If I could climb on the roof, I would be facing the school across the street and be arrested for indecent exposure and branded a sexual pervert.)

I like it when my Wife comes and sits next to me, even if only for a couple of moments, before we head up to bed.

I enjoy the occasional email from my friends.

My puppy comes and lays her head on my lap and that makes me happy I got this dog who has managed to bite and draw blood much too often.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you don't want a man unhappy politically, don't give him two sides to a question to worry him; give him one. Better yet, give him none. Let him forget there is such a thing as war. If the Government is inefficient, top-heavy, and tax-mad, better it is all those than that people worry over it. Peace, Montag.
Fahrenheit 451

MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Post  Lucy Catherine Schoon on Mon Aug 27, 2018 11:52 am

1: cooking
2: candles
3: musicals
4: comic books
5: 80's video games
6: obscure sleazy 70's Horror films. Preferably British ones.

Love is natural,  hate is taught.... Like a Star @ heaven
Lucy Catherine Schoon

Back to top Go down

Post  Lesley Niyori on Mon Aug 27, 2018 12:37 pm

The euphoric emptiness and light feeling after a really good dump.

That's likely my oddest offering.

But in the realm of more ordinary examples.
Backrubs in bed with my lover.
Sex now (as a female, with female parts) very affirming.
The vicarious joy I feel while reading romance novels.
Finding a new book.
Shopping for clothes with someone (feels different than when alone).
A truly good steak (which means someone else cooked it because I'm no good with steak).
Clean panties.
The sound of rain in the woods.
The sound of the wind in trees.
Walking in freshly fallen snow.
Biking in the sun.
Bubble baths.
A glass of beer on a hot day (it's not the same if not cold beer on a hot day).

Hi, I'm the forum's resident brat
I find it important to point out I am indeed the first member here Smile
Lesley Niyori

Back to top Go down

Post  Abby on Wed Aug 29, 2018 5:20 pm

No real order.

When my kid wants to hold my hand.
Feeling that a new pair of hold up stockings fresh from the packet has. (Tights are not the same, and they are expensive in my size

To those who've survived: Breath. That's it. Once more. Good. Your good. Even if you're not, you're alive. That is a victory. Jemisin

I am dyslexic, and normally use a smart phone to interact with the world. So the words written may not be the words intended to be used.
Abby

Back to top Go down

Post  Angelic on Wed Aug 29, 2018 7:02 pm

Sorry. One time a girl kissed me (on the lips) and I felt nothing. She was just a junkie using me for money, and I didn't trust her.

The times my soul could have been saved by a kiss from the woman I truly loved, she didn't want anything to do with me. 

(Imagine me narrating this to you in the voice of the Joker.)

Also 2. American consumerism. Consume consume consume.

Also on 4. No to bubbly baths. I have the body of a hairy man. When I was a kid it wasn't so bad, because my body wasn't so damn manly. So no bathing is just a reminder of the body I hate.

No on 3. also. When you lived a life of always feeling forever alone, restaurants lose their otherworldy appeal, you just view it as yet another place where noone gives a shit about you.e

Also just no on all these:
Horrible.
Angelic

Back to top Go down

Post  Lucy Catherine Schoon on Wed Aug 29, 2018 7:39 pm

Angelic wrote:Sorry. One time a girl kissed me (on the lips) and I felt nothing. She was just a junkie using me for money, and I didn't trust her.

The times my soul could have been saved by a kiss from the woman I truly loved, she didn't want anything to do with me. 

(Imagine me narrating this to you in the voice of the Joker.)

Also 2. American consumerism. Consume consume consume.

Also on 4. No to bubbly baths. I have the body of a hairy man. When I was a kid it wasn't so bad, because my body wasn't so damn manly. So no bathing is just a reminder of the body I hate.

No on 3. also. When you lived a life of always feeling forever alone, restaurants lose their otherworldy appeal, you just view it as yet another place where noone gives a shit about you.e

Also just no on all these:
Horrible.

It's horses for courses, sweetie....
The comic books were my security blanket when I was in deinal. The horror films I refer to aren't that scary, I'm to much of a chicken for that, but are weird enough to be entertaining....

My list is how I'm feeling right now... I could put a hundred things on.

Lucy Catherine Schoon

Back to top Go down

Post  Abby on Wed Aug 29, 2018 8:36 pm

Abby wrote:No real order.

When my kid wants to hold my hand.
Feeling that a new pair of hold up stockings fresh from the packet has. (Tights are not the same, and they are expensive in my size

Thats weird it's only half of what I typed in. And keeps putting a link in the work kid. ....

To those who've survived: Breath. That's it. Once more. Good. Your good. Even if you're not, you're alive. That is a victory. Jemisin

I am dyslexic, and normally use a smart phone to interact with the world. So the words written may not be the words intended to be used.
Abby

Back to top Go down

Post  Lucy Catherine Schoon on Wed Aug 29, 2018 9:17 pm

Since my personal choices don't seem to past muster with some here, I thought I'd take another whack at it.

The smell of rain against wood
Trapesing round bleak northern English towns on overcast days
Watching old black and white films as it rains outside
Listening to old easy listening music
Getting home when I've left my dinner in the slow cooker
Leaving my DAB radio on BBC 4 extra over night. Waking up to an old radio drama in the middle of the night.

Lucy Catherine Schoon

Back to top Go down

Post  mariehart1 on Fri Aug 31, 2018 9:28 pm

Lucy Catherine Schoon wrote:Since my personal choices don't seem to past muster with some here, I thought I'd take another whack at it.

The smell of rain against wood
Trapesing round bleak northern English towns on overcast days
Watching old black and white films as it rains outside
Listening to old easy listening music
Getting home when I've left my dinner in the slow cooker
Leaving my DAB radio on BBC 4 extra over night. Waking up to an old radio drama in the middle of the night.

You know I like that a lot, although I've never traipsed around bleak Northern English towns on overcast days never having being to one. I do get it though. I do like traipsing around the city centre on any day. I did that today with the soft rain falling. I got home with the tired been in town feeling. My wife said I was in a happy mood. I just pointed out that having accepted myself and spending the day with my family and friends from start to finish. Well that's a liccle pleasure.

The northern English town thing does appeal to me though. Maybe I was there in a previous life?  Can't place why it appeals. I'm not even English.

Another pleasure is rain on the window on days when I don't have to get out of bed. Lying in bed all cosy as the rain lashes against the window is so nice.

Also this morning after dropping the kids to school, we went for coffee, my wife and her and my friend. It was free flowing and full of laughter. If only we could do that every day.

mariehart1

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson on Fri Aug 31, 2018 10:45 pm

Hi Marie and Lucy!

Well the Bleak Northern Town thing does resonate, done it, got the t-shirt. Carlisle, a very rainy place is quite something I remember and beautiful too. I like heavy rain, when it's not rained a while, falling upon leaves, the smell and sound, is simply lovely. But, as they say, 'it's grim up North', well I don't know that that is true. Across  the other side from Carlisle, a little north of Lucy's stomping grounds!.... to Staithes. I have always liked Vin Garbutt and he's Northern folk sounds. He sang this song about Staithes back in the day, I like the song lots.. be warned, it's mono, right ear only.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rqBClTN1WAk

Last edited by Celia Eriksson on Fri Aug 31, 2018 10:55 pm; edited 1 time in total

Celia Eriksson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lucy Catherine Schoon on Fri Aug 31, 2018 10:51 pm

Celia Eriksson wrote:Hi Marie and Lucy!

Well the Bleak Northern Town thing does resonate, done it, got the t-shirt. Carlisle, a very rainy place is quite something I remember and beautiful too. I like heavy rain, when it's not rained a while, falling upon leaves, the smell and sound, is quite lovely. But, as they say, 'it's grim up North', well I don't know that that is true. Across  the other side from Carlisle, Lucy's stomping grounds!.... to Staithes. I have always liked Vin Garbutt and he's Northern folk sounds. He sang this song about Staithes back in the day, I like the song lots..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rqBClTN1WAk

I hope it's going to rain in the next few days, while I have the money to get on the bus and get on the east coast.

I could really do with a rainy day up feily. Wandering along the seafront, looking at the imposing cliffs. Get on on this wired natural rock structure and watch the waves pound against it. Looking at the rain from the window of a chippy as I eat a greasy peice of haddock, and a mug of lukewarm tea. Sheltering amongst the 2p machines out of the cold.

That really appeals to me...

Lucy Catherine Schoon

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson on Fri Aug 31, 2018 11:14 pm

Well, that sounds like quite a plan! And so lovely too, exceptfor the lukewarm tea! I prefer Cod or Skate with my chips. I hope it does not rain however, I'm playing golf at midday and badminton late afternoon, well it can rain then I suppose! Celia xx

Celia Eriksson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Angelic on Sat Sep 01, 2018 1:00 pm

Well, to be perfectly honest...I know I'm not supposed to be negative, but when I make positive threads noone responds to them...

To be honest I don't feel much pleasure at all. When I think of buying foods I get a migraine, and feelings of stress, because I've done it all before. I think listening to music is a tremendous waste, unless it's very good music. 

Dr. Patricia Tannis says this of music:

• My instrument readings suggest we may find another Vault key fragment at the Trash Coast. Unfortunately, in your way are the inhabitants of Jaynistown who smell of alcohol and ignorance. They like science as much as I like the idea of music. Music is wasteful and stupid.

Most people think their music is greater than it really is. I mean, I'll listen to music if it's really good, but with most people, I listen to their music, feel pretty much next to nothing, and tell them that it's good, just so they feel better about themselves.

Now as far as movies, they are also a waste, there is no sense of agency and you learn nothing useful from them. Comics are also, its fake, virtual, a hollow fantasy. The only except of course being, My Little Pony or Barbie movies, or philosophical movies like Inception.

As far as exploring nature and scenery, maybe, except when I'm outside, it just makes me think how alone I am and how impossible it is for me to integrate into society.

Videogames, would stimulate me, its just noone I know is good enough to beat me.

I guess the main pleasure I have, is talking to people online, except half the people I talk to are rude and no fun to talk to.
Angelic

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson on Sat Sep 01, 2018 11:46 pm

Angel,

The Vin Garbutt thing was just coz we were talking Brit stuff... if ya want to taste my music my YT channel is here....

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL9HwFGlucX9yl_6hz3hGRZPKnFfbsu1xD

At least I hope it is... tell me I have bad taste? Coz I like anything from Carmen, Bizet, to Lynard Skynard... as long as it's good. Ya man is partially right, like only what you like music wise, but ya must always be open to other things, else you ae insular, alone and outta touch. No, that's not me!

Celiaxx

PS To respond to another thread thingy by you, I read all your posts, but some are so intense, laborious and long, I simply don't know how to start to respond to so many things at once. I'm sure it's the same with the otther girls. Keep it simple babe. Celia xx

Celia Eriksson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Angelic on Sun Sep 02, 2018 5:39 pm

Celia Eriksson wrote:Angel,

The Vin Garbutt thing was just coz we were talking Brit stuff... if ya want to taste my music my YT channel is here....

At least I hope it is... tell me I have bad taste? Coz I like anything from Carmen, Bizet, to Lynard Skynard... as long as it's good. Ya man is partially right, like only what you like music wise, but ya must always be open to other things, else you ae insular, alone and outta touch. No, that's not me!

Celiaxx

PS To respond to another thread thingy by you, I read all your posts, but some are so intense, laborious and long, I simply don't know how to start to respond to so many things at once. I'm sure it's the same with the otther girls. Keep it simple babe. Celia xx

Not a big fan of wall of text, but not a big fan of something too simple. I like to think my posts keep the balance between the two.
Angelic

Back to top Go down

Post  Angelic on Sun Sep 02, 2018 5:53 pm

Celia Eriksson wrote:Angel,

Celiaxx

As for your music, it seems nihilistic in the sense of a lack of intensity. I don't have anything to say about it, it exists, I am neutral towards it. It does not irritate me, nor does it entertain me, it is simply...there. Its fulfilled purpose may be, long car rides in the Northwest American atmosphere. Without it, it may not stand on its own.

This could be an interesting case study in several regards. First, the difference between someone who has a very lackluster and unfulfilling life experience (me), desiring music which is not lackluster. And someone who has a non-lackluster, fulfilling life (you), enjoying lackluster, unfulfilling music. There is also a second case-study in this as well, the difference between the lesbian brain (me) and the heterosexual female brain (you.) It is observed that lesbians, and heterosexual males, have some identical brain structures. And that heterosexual females, and gay men, have some identical brain structures. 

Thus one could (incorrectly) conclude that I have similar tastes to heterosexual males, however the truth is, that I have an attitude of indifference (and even some distaste) considering the tastes of heterosexual male's music preferences around me. My dad's music tastes are similar to mine. This is demonstrably not the case of parental conditioning, as I had the power to shut off the radio at any time (my dad granted me powers to shut off the radio.) Additionally, I have explored other genres of my own, without parental influence. Therefore it would seem to indicate that music taste has a primarily genetic basis. This has far reaching implications, such as that genetics, rather than gender, is the primary influence behind attitudes and taste. It is not that pink is a "girl's color" but that certain genes prefer it. For instance, my dad enjoys my little pony show's. My mother, who does not have the same racial characteristics as my dad, does not. Thus, many female attributes, may perhaps be ascribed primarily to genes, rather than gender.
Angelic

Back to top Go down

Post  Abby on Mon Sep 03, 2018 7:30 am

I think musical taste, like food taste is something you develop young and more you exposed the wider the range you like as an adult.

Abby

Back to top Go down

Post  Lucy Catherine Schoon on Mon Sep 03, 2018 11:27 am

Muscial tastes do, indeed, change and develop over time....

When I was a kid I was into musical soundtracks and Disney tracks.

In my late teens, I turned my back on all that. Started listening to more 'mainstream' classic pop and rock from the 60's 70's and 80's.

The Beatles, queen, David Bowie, the kinks.... and the housemartins/ beautiful south (a big deal if you come frok hull).

But, if anything I've gone away from that. Back to the musicals and Disneys. But also easy listening (my grandparents influence, there.) and the odd piece of classical.

But then I love the places where where rock and pop meet up with musicals or classical vibes.

Without pop, I wouldn't have been exposed to rock opera, or the concept album. Jeff Wayne's, war of the worlds, tommy by the who, the early Andrew Lloyd webbers where all concept albums before they were put on stage.

Lucy Catherine Schoon

Back to top Go down

Post  Lenneth on Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:28 am

The rare times when I have no Stress.
Hot Showers/Baths.
A nice hot cup of tea.
Good Music.
Being Hopeful for the Future.
Lenneth

Back to top Go down

Post  Angelic on Tue Sep 25, 2018 3:25 pm

Lenneth wrote:The rare times when I have no Stress.
Hot Showers/Baths.
A nice hot cup of tea.
Good Music.

Same here. I am pretty much stressed all the time. And showers/baths don't do it for me anymore, my dysphoria grows and I see my man body and just feel like an angry man, a soul trapped in a body I didn't ask for and didn't ask to be in.
Angelic

Back to top Go down

Post  Lenneth on Wed Sep 26, 2018 12:26 am

Angelic wrote:
Lenneth wrote:The rare times when I have no Stress.
Hot Showers/Baths.
A nice hot cup of tea.
Good Music.

Same here. I am pretty much stressed all the time. And showers/baths don't do it for me anymore, my dysphoria grows and I see my man body and just feel like an angry man, a soul trapped in a body I didn't ask for and didn't ask to be in.

much the same here....
Lenneth

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down