The Transgender Boards
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Famous people you met or saw or worked with. Really famous people. A bit of fun.

+5
Angelic
Lesley Niyori
Lucy Catherine Schoon
Celia Eriksson
MichaelaSJ
9 posters

Go down

Famous people you met or saw or worked  with. Really famous people. A bit of fun. Empty Famous people you met or saw or worked with. Really famous people. A bit of fun.

Post  Guest Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:32 pm

Ok I start smug in the knowledge that for once I win. None of you can match me. Cool Bit of fun.
I give you Mick Jagger, he was at the table next to me in a bistro. Also Keith Richards in a Rolls Royce.
Best that.

Back to top Go down

Famous people you met or saw or worked  with. Really famous people. A bit of fun. Empty Re: Famous people you met or saw or worked with. Really famous people. A bit of fun.

Post  MichaelaSJ Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:59 pm

In the late 1990s I worked for a consulting firm supplying information on information trends and new products. My focus was on enterprise sized databases (IBM DB2, Oracle type - not Access).

Microsoft had just announced SQL Server 7.0 and I had an opportunity to interview Bill Gates, one on one for about 15 minutes, in Redmond just after the launch. He is a geek, but an ok geek - a little pompous, but what the hell, he was making more money that I was and I guess that allows one to be a bit pompous.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Disobedience in the eyes of any one who has read history is man's original virtue. "—Oscar Wilde.
If you don't want a man unhappy politically, don't give him two sides to a question to worry him; give him one. Better yet, give him none. Let him forget there is such a thing as war. If the Government is inefficient, top-heavy, and tax-mad, better it is all those than that people worry over it. Peace, Montag.
Fahrenheit 451
“lifelong atheist, not afraid of burning in hell,” Ron Reagan FFRF
MichaelaSJ
MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Famous people you met or saw or worked  with. Really famous people. A bit of fun. Empty Re: Famous people you met or saw or worked with. Really famous people. A bit of fun.

Post  Celia Eriksson Sun Sep 16, 2018 11:07 pm

Oh Marie, no I can't.

But have met quite a few you would know, but our Americane cousins would not know many. In the pub I used to go with Chris, my first boyfriend, there was frequent famous people in the most upmarkiet upmarket part of Surrey. I'm talking thirty five years ago.

Only one I knew as a friend was Sherrie Hewson, though it was just before her Russ Abbott days. Others that went in there and probably knew me by sight but little else were Phil Collins, only saw him twice, Joe Brown a few times, John Virgo and Sam Torrance a lot, they even played dart games with many of the men in there. Of all people, Eric Morecombe went in there once and had everyone in stitches. In the local Waitrose, when he lived in that area, Cliff Richard and in my old hometown High Street Chris Tarrant I have seen shopping.

I've been just a few yards from Prince Charles, Princesses Diana and Margaret too. Unfortunately I was not spoken to by any of them. BTW Margaret was really tiny, I was so surprised. I've not met any of the Norwegian royal family, but by chance I have twice met Margrethe, Queen of Denmark twice, she is a reasonably frequent visitor to the UK. She is incredibily tall and so elegant, it was also some years ago, she is quite beautiful too.

I think that is about it, I got Gilbert O'Sullivan's autograph when I was a teen, oh and Tex Ritter's too when I was only about nine at a Butlin's holiday camp, he signed a dollar my Father happened to have in his wallet. He had clearly been on tour a while for he said to me, "I've not seen a greenback in quite a while."

Not met many other famous ones for some time, but then I'm not up on modern 'personalities', they could stand itwo inches in front of me and I would not know most of them from Adam.... Celia xx

Celia Eriksson
Admin

https://thetransgendertimes.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Lucy Catherine Schoon Sun Sep 16, 2018 11:13 pm

In my twenties, any actor from the local theatre would spend a Tuesday afternoon wandering around town. That how I saw Lionel Blair being offered a conservatory in the local mall.

And how I went to seen kill Bill (vol.1) with les dennis.

Geoff capes did some publicity for the store I was working in, and swore at me.....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Love is natural,  hate is taught.... Like a Star @ heaven
Lucy Catherine Schoon
Lucy Catherine Schoon

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson Sun Sep 16, 2018 11:24 pm

Lucy Catherine Schoon wrote:In my twenties, any actor from the local theatre would spend a Tuesday afternoon wandering around town. That how I saw Lionel Blair being offered a conservatory in the local mall.

And how I went to seen kill Bill (vol.1) with les dennis.

Geoff capes did some publicity for the store I was working in, and swore at me.....

Oh, I liked Geoff Capes, the gentle giant..... he swore at you!!!!???? He liked Budgerigars if I remember right, how could a fit man like Geoff Capes, liking sweet liccle birdies be rude too!!!! I'm disappointed in him!!!!

That reminds me, met the misogynist racing bloke with the deerstalker once, can't remember his name. Lionel Blair was a nice enough fella, or at least he seemed that way, can't imagine him being horrid, never met him though. I also recall now Judith Chalmers and David Bellamy to add to the list, God the more I think, the more I have actually met!

Celia Eriksson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lesley Niyori Mon Sep 17, 2018 4:53 pm

Fame, it's an interesting thing.

I've met a few interesting people in my life.

I marched behind Justin Trudeau's entourage in Toronto Pride 2016. Didn't really 'meet' him per se.

But I grew up with Paul Gentile, even told him I was in love with him Smile
We were in high school as buddies, army buddies, then co-workers.

Why is Paul special? Well, you won't likely know Paul. but he's in the 95 Guinness issue, a math example of reduction. He has created the world's smallest playable saxophone in addition to many other amazing creations. He's created a Steinway piano recreation of The Whitehouse (that's the name of the Steinway Grand Piano in the White House). His piano is the size of a large hardcover novel, it's worth 10+ million dollars. It's awesome beyond description. You can find it on YouTube if you wish to see it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrSMMHvwuzo

Paul isn't a politician, nor a rock star, nor a sports hero.
Paul is likely able to say he is better than any one of those categories.
5 years from now, anyone famous you might know now, likely won't be so special then.
Paul will still be the creator of these works of art.

And I got him started Smile

Paul has lunched with the owner of Target. Met the Queen's representatives, been in contact with the Sultan of Brunei, met with Speilbergs people. Yeah, he gets around. That happens when you create the things he's created.

I myself am not important.
My brother was the sports editor that started the Ottawa Sun newspaper, but today he just writes for the paper. Me, I'm just his transgender little sister.

I'm not known for anything much.
Maybe someday one of my paintings will be a sought-after treasure. Artists tend to only be famous when they're dead Smile
Maybe I'll become famous for writing transgender romance novels. But I need to get around to finishing one first.

I don't seek fame. Around Lindsay, I'm definitely a recognized individual.

Hi, I'm the forum's resident brat
I find it important to point out I am indeed the first member here Smile
Lesley Niyori
Lesley Niyori

Back to top Go down

Post  Lucy Catherine Schoon Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:31 pm

On the subject of famous people, I'd like to describe a personal irritation I'm in....

Twenty years ago, i wanted to be an actor. It didn't work out.

Now I have to put up with all the other people I know how have since become (at least tiny bit famous.)

First of all, I went to school with Michelle dewbury. Second season winner or the uk apprentice, now a vacuous talking head on sky news.

I also was on a youth theatre thing with Lucy Beaumont, comedian and wife of john Richardson.

Her radio show, current repeated on four extra now, also features a lass called Kerry marsh. Who I went to college with.

All while is here wondering why being sat on my arse for twenty years didn't pay off....

Love is natural,  hate is taught.... Like a Star @ heaven
Lucy Catherine Schoon
Lucy Catherine Schoon

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson Mon Sep 17, 2018 11:15 pm

Hi Lucy,

I think I went over this before, my modelling when I was a child. I was on the Yahtzee box, I showed the pic somewhere here, I'll take another it ya forgot, it is my claim to fame! Also a council 'family' pic that was used by many counties back in the seventies. I also had a photo shoot, I still have some of them, for a resume, I also went to acting school in Teddington and did ballet in Esher. But alas I am like you.... a non-starlet.

I'm writing a book about my life, it's up to quite a few chapters now and I have sort of made it more fun than what actually happened and comedyized it, it mostly covers my wild years, my twenties in the eighties. I hope to finish it coz my life was not like.... normal anyway, however much I try to keep the really bad bits out. I am very, very much so placid and staid now, compared to those times, so long ago.

Anyway in the late sixties, my Mother pushed me, preened my hair and tried to make me, the youngest, the daughter she never had, then years later chastised me and never stood up against my Father's rages against my femininity. It'd make ya hair curl. The fact I never complained about being pushed, well that is me all over.

I am quite different to many transgender women, for I am glad I was born a boy, else I would not be special... I've learnt one thing in life, a lot of guys like effeminate men and even more love transgender women. Without doubt, finding one to nail down as a transgender woman for a life long partner isn't easy, but, being special is good. When God asks me, who I want to be in my next life, I'll tell him to make me me again, that'll do nicely!

Celia xx

Celia Eriksson
Admin

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post  Guest Wed Sep 19, 2018 12:36 pm

None in common so far. I met quite a few movie stars through extra work. Pierce Brosnan, Julie Anne Moore, Brendan Gleeson and both his sons, Bono, Ewan McGregor, John Boorman, Cate Blanchett, Benedict Cumberbatch, Andy Serkis, Cillian Murphy as a transgender character in Breakfast on Pluto. To name but a few.
Working as an extra is great for getting close to people who you'd normally never even get close to.
Most of them were unsurprisingly very unpretentious and without any arrogant attitudes. I remember once queueing in the studio cafeteria for lunch only to find Jonathan Rhys Meyers, star of the Tudors, behind me. He did get lunch free though. Surprised

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson Sun Sep 23, 2018 7:00 am

Well it's early birdy in the morning, coz I just got in from my last night and four days off!!! But the reason I'm posting here is to lament somebody I never met, but someone who provided lots of fun at parties over the years and that is Chas Hodges.

He died the other day and I thought it was very sad, but he had a great life. He was from London and with his partner Dave, both from the smoke, London, they were Cockneys that sang typical Victorian/Modern style Cockney songs that charted well and were very popular. I thought they were great fun, even though I'm not a Cockney.

Here are a few..... oh, the famous advert first!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dVKvYQZRhyA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4FDoQTyYWzM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGNojF9qKS0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_kzpHzUJCd4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q87TmUmVg0Y

RIP Chas. Celia xx

Celia Eriksson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Anna Mull Mon Sep 24, 2018 4:51 am

I went to an independent study/charter high school that had a lot of (especially up-and-coming) actors/actresses.

Although the the most interesting famous person that I met is Zelda Williams; ran into her at a video game convention a few years ago.
Anna Mull
Anna Mull

Back to top Go down

Post  Lenneth Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:26 am

Met while doing my former job (window covering installer)

Robin Williams (RIP)
Idaho State Governor Butch Otter
William Shatner
Kiannu Reves

Lenneth
Lenneth

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:22 pm

Lenneth wrote:Met while doing my former job (window covering installer)

Robin Williams (RIP)
Idaho State Governor Butch Otter
William Shatner
Kiannu Reves

Short but really famous, maybe not the state governor. Politicians pah. Ok I did get close to Clinton, President Clinton that is. I've seen our president (yawn) a few times. Once amusingly, my little son got in his way as he processed along. His bodyguards were not amused, neither was I.

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaibeth Wed Sep 26, 2018 8:21 am

I once mixed a small club gig that Greg Martin of the Kentucky Headhunters played. He was a most gracious and patient performer, and a hell of a player.

I also blew away Billy Currington when my band opened for him. We rocked them so hard he couldn't catch up. He was not nearly as gracious and patient a performer.

And I said something really stupid to Kirk Hammett of Metallica. A moment I regret to this day.

Famous people you met or saw or worked  with. Really famous people. A bit of fun. 39208

Sugar and Spice and Puppydog Tails
Kaibeth
Kaibeth

Back to top Go down

Post  tiffany_elizabeth Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:23 pm

I met John Ashcroft back when he was governor of Missouri on a school field trip to the state capitol. John Goodman nicknamed me Fido when I was cleaning the fertilizer out of the tee markers at one of the golf courses where he holds membership. Told his foursome that I looked like a dog digging up the tee box.

Other than that my brushes with fame have been peripheral. Paul Harvey's wife was my grandpa's step-mother's cousin, and since in my family we don't differentiate between step, blood, and adopted it could be said that he was my cousin as well. I'm not sure if Paul Harvey was known outside of the US, but he was a pretty big radio personality here. They use to go to my grandparents' house when they'd go see my great-grandma. My dad said I met him, but it was probably before I was old enough to remember.

While most people wouldn't consider this guy famous, he was pretty well known in the world of keyboardists. A session keyboardist that worked with Merle Haggard and The Platters spent his final years performing gospel music at churches. My church would hire him once a year, and he sold cassette tapes that had his phone number printed on them. He used the rhythms on his keyboards as a drum machine and started them without ever touching the keyboard, which blew my mind. I called to ask him about his setup, and when he found out I was just using a cheap toy keyboard with four note polyphony he started explaining MIDI to me and said that's where I need to head with my next purchase.

Then he gave me probably the best advice that anyone ever gave me. I told him that I wanted to become a professional musician, but my dad said I'd have to work a lot of bars and night clubs, and I don't like bars and nightclubs. He said "your dad is right. And if you don't like those places you'll never make it as a musician, at least not in country or rock music. If you're serious about your faith and God gave you the talent for music the best place for you is as a church pianist or organist. You'll be doing what you like in front of people you respect and serving the Lord." Took over 20 years, but he's right. I'm much happier playing the organ in front of 10 - 15 people each Sunday than I would have been playing in front of dozens in a bar, and on the secular end things have changed a lot since his time so I can still pursue something on YouTube with my self written songs.

Back in the 80s my dad worked for a resort and more or less served a dual role there. During the day he worked on the landscaping and construction crew and at night he was part of the entertainment. He ran the spotlight for the singer and did a ventriloquist act. When they performed outside they didn't need a spotlight, so he was just the ventriloquist. Also when they performed outside they had a big fireworks display so he'd bring the whole family along to watch it.

One year they got Loretta Lynn to headline for Independence Day. I was about four or five, and when my dad finished his act and left the stage, but before Loretta went on, I ran over to him while he was putting his dummy away and asked him when the fireworks started. She said "is that your boy?" My dad said yes, then started apologizing. She said "don't worry. He's a little cutie."

During the fireworks she decided to play a little prank on me. She saw that I'd watch each one go off, then I'd grab on to my dad so he could shield me from the debris since we were pretty much right under it. She also noticed I kept my eye on the sky the entire time, so it was muscle memory. One went off, and when I grabbed onto my dad it felt more like my mom than my dad. I said "mom, I thought dad was here and you were on the other side." Mom tapped me on the shoulder and said "look up." I did, and saw Loretta Lynn, a legend of country music, smiling down at me while I had my arms around her with my dad standing behind her.

Of course, at that age I didn't realize she was a legend. It wasn't until I was older that I realized how momentous that event was. At the time I just saw a stranger so I let go and hid behind mom. Loretta laughed, then my dad got back in place for the rest of the fireworks display.

tiffany_elizabeth

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Nov 18, 2018 1:28 pm

That's a nice story about Loretta Lynn. She sounded very down to Earth. A characteristic I think of many Country and Western singers.

Back to top Go down

Post  MichaelaSJ Sun Nov 18, 2018 6:53 pm

tiffany_elizabeth wrote:Paul Harvey's wife was my grandpa's step-mother's cousin, and since in my family we don't differentiate between step, blood, and adopted it could be said that he was my cousin as well.
I don't mean to be mean, but you do live in Missouri. Very Happy
tiffany_elizabeth wrote:I'm not sure if Paul Harvey was known outside of the US, but he was a pretty big radio personality here.
My Wife, who has moved to the left of me socially came home from shopping one Saturday and was livid about something Paul Harvey said on the radio. Apparently Harvey was upset about the 'browning' of America because of lax immigration laws. (The folks at Stormfront dot com loved him!)

Harvey would come up with some really off-the-wall shit. I remember once when he explained the word 'testimony' and that it came from the early Romans who, when having to swear to something would grab their testicles - hence the word testimony.

"Disobedience in the eyes of any one who has read history is man's original virtue. "—Oscar Wilde.
If you don't want a man unhappy politically, don't give him two sides to a question to worry him; give him one. Better yet, give him none. Let him forget there is such a thing as war. If the Government is inefficient, top-heavy, and tax-mad, better it is all those than that people worry over it. Peace, Montag.
Fahrenheit 451
MichaelaSJ
MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson Sun Nov 18, 2018 8:33 pm

Loretta Lynn is a personal favourite. Way before my time, but I love Country and British folk music. I have put some on Lesley's music thread here before including my favourite, If I Could Only Hear My Mother Pray Again. Kitty Wells and Jeannie C. Riley are two other greats that I adore. Celia xx

Celia Eriksson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  MichaelaSJ Mon Nov 19, 2018 12:15 am

See my last post in "Why We Watch Football..."

Fahrenheit 451
MichaelaSJ
MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down