Science: Wine!

Go down

Science: Wine!

Post  Celia Eriksson on Mon Sep 17, 2018 12:22 am

Hi Everyone,

So.… I have had over a half a bottle of wine tonght. I deserve it, I work hard. But this is red, my favourite red Merlot.

Coz, I used to drink white, that would usually be a Gascony or a Vermentino. Now I read an old article from the "Booooooo!" Daily Mail, (the non-political articles are good), a week or two ago and I have to say, since drinking red wine, I am feeling a lot less.... I don't know.... tetchy.

Now I don't, or never did, get that tetchy, but the change to red wine has made me even smoother, if ya know what I mean. Now, I am a little rosy ATM, but I feel a lot more relaxed and that continues if you know what I mean and I think that's purely coz I changed my liccle tipple that I like to have when I am not working next day, as I'm not tomorrow for example.

Well, here is the article: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2886075/Why-DOES-white-wine-send-women-crazy-tears-tantrums-MailOnline-investigates-particular-drink-causes-carnage.html

I guess my Dental Practitioner will be none to pleased, but it's gonna be red, red ,red! Celia xx

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Take chances, make mistakes. That’s how you grow.
Mary Tyler Moore (1936-2017).
Celia Eriksson
Admin

http://thetransgendertimes.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Science: Wine!

Post  MichaelaSJ on Mon Sep 17, 2018 3:16 am

DAMN THE SCIENCE and bring on the Barolo (an Italian quality red). Exclamation

Although I live next to one of the World's great wine regions, the Napa/Sonoma Wine Region, I prefer the northern Italy reds and white. I also tend to drink un Vino rosso with a heavier meal such as vitello alla parmigiano or pasta con una salsa rossa con carne and a Vino bianco with lighter meals or a pasta con una salsa bianca.

My favorites:

• Italian reds - Barolo, Brunello or a better Chianti
  • Italian white - Pinot Grigio or, if your restaurant allows corkage, find a Vermentino di Gallura from Sardegna.
  • Italian sparkling - Seven-up (I hate sparkling wines)

(No, I do not speak Italian but my surname is Liguri so I use Bing translate.  Razz )

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you don't want a man unhappy politically, don't give him two sides to a question to worry him; give him one. Better yet, give him none. Let him forget there is such a thing as war. If the Government is inefficient, top-heavy, and tax-mad, better it is all those than that people worry over it. Peace, Montag.
Fahrenheit 451

MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson on Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:49 am

Hi Miki!!

Well, the title had to find a thread, so what better! Science sounded good!

Wow, Brunello or Barolo, a good one is at least 60 pounds.... and the not so expensive ones are not nice. I might as well have my Merlot. Chianti is nice though, I will have a look for some as I have gone red.

The Vermentino is a favourite white, they grow the grape a lot in France now, where my favourite is from, I have tasted the Sardinian grown wine of course.

Sparklers I'm not into either, but I will have a glass if offered. I am quite partial to Babycham, a British sparkling perry, as a light drink, one or two are fine.

I don't drink so much red as I do white, even though I polished off half a bottle last night and my head is a liccle woozy poozy now, I'll not go out til this afternoon to do some grocery shopping. Celia xx

Take chances, make mistakes. That’s how you grow.
Mary Tyler Moore (1936-2017).
Celia Eriksson
Admin

http://thetransgendertimes.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Lesley Niyori on Mon Sep 17, 2018 2:47 pm

I like wine with meals. I seem to prefer whites to reds, but no real bias.

It's what I drink with a good book.

Beer is my sit in the sun on a hot day drink.

Gin and tonic with a dose of lime is my preferred drink if I am in party mode (and someone else is buying).

Hi, I'm the forum's resident brat
I find it important to point out I am indeed the first member here Smile
Lesley Niyori

Back to top Go down

Post  MichaelaSJ on Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:36 pm

I might drink three or four bottles of wine a year so I tend to spurge when I buy. A good Italian red is like a good Bordeaux - $$$. Pinot Grigios are not as sensitive to price and a good bottle can be had for around $10-15. If would you like an inexpensive French red, you cannot go wrong with a bottle of Mouton Cadet, it sells locally for around $12.00/bottle.

Locally (nationwide?) we have a blended red called Two Buck Chuck which is a really good wine. The wine is sold by Charles Shaw and hit the market in early 2000 for, get this, $1.99. It is currently selling for less than $4.00 is definitely worth the price. I was an inhouse consultant for a law firm for a while and the owner used to buy the wine by the case and every evening we would celebrate him getting rich on our work product with a glass.

I have a problem with alcohol and when I was in Navy thought I might be heading towards alcoholism - so I don't drink very much. If I have one glass of Gin and Tonic, then I am playing poker too much. (WTF does she mean by that?)

If you don't want a man unhappy politically, don't give him two sides to a question to worry him; give him one. Better yet, give him none. Let him forget there is such a thing as war. If the Government is inefficient, top-heavy, and tax-mad, better it is all those than that people worry over it. Peace, Montag.
Fahrenheit 451

MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Post  mariehart1 on Sat Sep 22, 2018 12:20 am

I prefer white wine but I stopped drinking it unless in a social situation. It had too much of a drastic effect, red is better overall but I stopped with the wine. But red is better. Nevertheless when I drank it I would rave in my sleep It's a pity. I love wine.

They took my medical off me for drinking wine as if I was an alco. So I stick to the beer and Cider.

At the moment there's a bottle of white in the fridge and a partial bottle. But I would not touch it. So much for being alcoholic. But there is Cider.

Red is better, Celia.

Bluntly I don't like any alcohol, except wine. But I can't drink it. I like getting drunk though.  I want to be drunk all the time because I don't want to be me. So I drink too much while not liking drink. Bizarre.

Celia, you have an endearing honesty. I've said it before.

If that's not an example of someone who's both emotionally girly and basically a gobshite. Then yes it is.

mariehart1

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down