How long do you keep the stuff you never wear? Ruthless clear out!

Go down

How long do you keep the stuff you never wear? Ruthless clear out!

Post  Celia Eriksson on Thu Oct 04, 2018 10:38 pm

Hi Everyone!!!!

Well, the question for the day is how long do you keep stuff that you never wear, coz today I was utterly ruthless about it. If I had not worn it for a long time and I knew in my heart I never would, or had a thing about, it was out, out, out!!!

Today started well co I slept until 9.45, I did my usual regime after brekky and texted my Niece to make sure she was still goin' shopping, but coz it was gonna be close to 1 when I picked her up she declined, yes, I need a couple of hours to get up and ready.

So I just picked up what I needed and mailed an item to a cousin, she don't have an amazon account..... so I was back early. I don't know what prompted me, but it was clear out time!!! I'd meant to do it weeks ago.

Well, I reckon I threw out about £500-£1,000 worth of clothes today, some would put them on ebay and make a mint, but I can't be having all the hassle. Some were good brands too , Woolovers, (some of those were £40, £50), Next, New Look etc etc two large bagfuls. But ruthless I had to be, there is now at least a bit of swish in my 'drobes.

Time was spent replacing all the stuff I'd inspected and gave my yay or nay, but I tell ya what, I feel good about it, it's all present and correct, I have them in colour order again, all the coats, jackets, sweaters, tops and jeans in their place. They always were actually, but more so now.

Then it was the quick clean, then washing and ironing. then it was cooking, I made a Celia special, a large toad in the hole, chopped sausages with pepper and rosemary in batter with bacon bits atop. It rose beautifully and crisp and tasted gorgeous, it will be my tea tomorrow too. Then it was bubbly bath and maintenance and now I am here relaxing. Phew, what a day!

How long do you keep the stuff you never wear? Celia xx

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Take chances, make mistakes. That’s how you grow.
Mary Tyler Moore (1936-2017).
Celia Eriksson
Admin

http://thetransgendertimes.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: How long do you keep the stuff you never wear? Ruthless clear out!

Post  Lesley Niyori on Fri Oct 05, 2018 1:12 am

I never discard until it's dead.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi, I'm the forum's resident brat
I find it important to point out I am indeed the first member here Smile
Lesley Niyori

Back to top Go down

Post  ShivKitty on Fri Oct 05, 2018 2:04 am

You are a stronger woman than I! I still have clothes I wore 28 years ago. It would behoove me greatly to free up drawer and closet space by tossing out the things I do not fit, but what if I lose weight or gain weight or my son wants to borrow a nice shirt that I'll never wear again? Yeah. It sounds like flimsy excuses to me as well. /sigh

I really, really like that plaid pencil skirt I rocked before hormones, though. 8(
ShivKitty

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson on Fri Oct 05, 2018 9:12 pm

Well, I don't know, usually I am very frit about throwing stuff out and end up just throwing a few bits. They are gone and I know I will think, 'where is that ….. gone?" then think silly me!

But clothes from 28 years ago Kitty!!! I am guessing, but I think I have just one item, a leather jacket, that is more than five years old. I only go up and down a few pounds, I'm 5'5" and around 120 ATM, which is about five pounds above my usual, yet I rarely get too big or small for mine. Celia xx

Take chances, make mistakes. That’s how you grow.
Mary Tyler Moore (1936-2017).
Celia Eriksson
Admin

http://thetransgendertimes.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  MichaelaSJ on Fri Oct 05, 2018 9:48 pm

I actually don't have too many clothes but when I buy I try to buy stuff that transcends style and I typically keep until it wears out or is outsized. (Currently, it is with some modicum of satisfaction that the last dress I donated was a size 16, too big for today's Miki Exclamation )

This is different from a 'purge' that many crossdressers do when their 'shame' becomes too great and they have to purge the idea of wanting to be someone else. I only did this once.

If you don't want a man unhappy politically, don't give him two sides to a question to worry him; give him one. Better yet, give him none. Let him forget there is such a thing as war. If the Government is inefficient, top-heavy, and tax-mad, better it is all those than that people worry over it. Peace, Montag.
Fahrenheit 451

MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Post  mariehart1 on Mon Oct 08, 2018 2:14 pm

I have got rid of a few things lately. Mostly things that realistically I will never wear again and things that don't suit a woman my age. Plus things that wear out like tight and panties. I do need to have a bit of a cull again.

I never actually purged back in the days when I styled myself as a CD, when in deep denial. I had quite the collection. But when I married I got rid of it all. After all, I thought I wouldn't be needed that again. I regret that now. Certainly some charity got some nice things. I dumped an expensive wig though. Plus all my lovely lingerie. My wonder bra was dumped as well. One thing I definitely regret was a frankly tacky piece of lingerie, leopard print Teddy bought from Primark or Penneys as we know the shop. It was a present from Mags for Christmas and had considerable sentimental value because Mags was the first person I ever came out to as trans. She was totally accepting. Plus it was the one and only time anyone bought me a piece of women's clothing. It also led to the one and only time I modelled lingerie for anyone when she and her boyfriend wanted to see me wearing it over a webcam. Embarassed The only lingerie I have now is rather less than spectacular. Good memories.

On thing I notice that leopard print is in this season. Skirts, top and trousers. Might have to invest in something. But will have get rid of somehing else. sigh!

mariehart1

Back to top Go down

Post  Abby on Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:31 pm

Nearly finished purging my old male clothes, mainly to make room for the new stuff. But been using women's jeans for years so mainly tops and jumpers. Full of holes. Only kept some chunky jumpers for when in the garden. Tired one on last week end, and yeah bad idea. It's going to be very cold before I do that again! Still have my leather 50 type biker jacket, mainly for the memorys as I bought it with my dad a year before he died in a RTA 20 years ago. use it for yard work, or when playing with power tools or the forge.

Trying to keep clothing turning over and not hord stuff. Most is second hand charity shop stuff anyway, while I work out my look.

Still use the bag I bought for 6th form school 22 odd years ago. (An ex german army day bag, copied my best friend as she had one.

To those who've survived: Breath. That's it. Once more. Good. Your good. Even if you're not, you're alive. That is a victory. Jemisin

I am dyslexic, and normally use a smart phone to interact with the world. So the words written may not be the words intended to be used.
Abby

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down