Kavanaugh is going to get confirmed. Now what?

Go down

Kavanaugh is going to get confirmed. Now what?

Post  Jehanne on Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:18 pm

I can't understand why the Republicans just did not ditch him and find themselves another right-wing nutjob without his baggage.  But, still, I think that he at least has the potential to have a change of heart, and perhaps, will be the next progressive SCOTUS judge??

Your thoughts?

Jehanne

Back to top Go down

Re: Kavanaugh is going to get confirmed. Now what?

Post  mariehart1 on Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:27 pm

No he has no shame. Like all men like that. He would actually feel he's been wronged.

What this proves as if we didn't know that women count for nothing in this regime. The me too movement has failed. It's open season on women again.

What's most sickening is that everyone knows he's guilty from the moron in the White House right down to the redneck in the boondocks. But they don't care politics comes first.

What has America become?

mariehart1

Back to top Go down

Post  Jehanne on Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:38 pm

Well, he's been confirmed, as of this afternoon. I am voting early this coming Monday!!

Jehanne

Back to top Go down

Post  MichaelaSJ on Sun Oct 07, 2018 2:31 am

It is not about women or abortion or LGB...T rights with Kavanaugh.

He is the Federalist Society's pick because he will vote against taxes, regulations, voting laws - anything progressive. Oh, and he will vote to lessen women's and LGB...T rights, but that is simply icing on the right-wing's political cake and pay back for the Evangelical Right's support of this animal.

The GOP has sold its soul to money and the .1% of the 1% who are willing to throw them paltry amounts of political capital in exchange for massive support of their ongoing wealth. Think Koch, Mercers, Simmons, Adelson and hundreds of other families you have never heard of.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you don't want a man unhappy politically, don't give him two sides to a question to worry him; give him one. Better yet, give him none. Let him forget there is such a thing as war. If the Government is inefficient, top-heavy, and tax-mad, better it is all those than that people worry over it. Peace, Montag.
Fahrenheit 451

MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Post  Jehanne on Sun Oct 07, 2018 1:16 pm

It is ironic that the American Founding Fathers established the federal Courts to protect the majority from tyrannizing the minority, but now it's the opposite, in that the minority is using SCOTUS to tyrannize the majority! We have the Electoral College to thank for that!!

Jehanne

Back to top Go down

Post  MichaelaSJ on Sun Oct 07, 2018 5:45 pm

The rending of the United States will not occur during my lifetime and even of the lifetimes of those of our youngest members.

I say five generations to the collapse of modern civilization - my wife, who is often more optimistic that I says three generations. By then my children, who both have chosen not to have children will have passed and there will no longer be a need for me to give a shit.

Whatever survives will at best be a plutocracy. Kavanaugh, and his ilk, are the kit that will be inadvertently used to destroy the U.S. I say inadvertently, because the 'base' that indirectly chose him have no idea of why Kavanaugh was ordained to control the masses.

Have a nice Sunday.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you don't want a man unhappy politically, don't give him two sides to a question to worry him; give him one. Better yet, give him none. Let him forget there is such a thing as war. If the Government is inefficient, top-heavy, and tax-mad, better it is all those than that people worry over it. Peace, Montag.
Fahrenheit 451

MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Post  Jehanne on Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:50 pm

You, too, my dear!!

Jehanne

Back to top Go down

Post  Lesley Niyori on Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:13 pm

Mother nature, she's a woman, too, and she WILL have her day, and, it likely won't take 3 generations.

Those of us with the education can already see it happening. The process is already running. It's not a 'maybe' thing in a far-off future, nope, it started about 50 years or so ago.

The lack of trees, the lack of plankton, the lack of water, or if you are on the coast, being inundated by it, and the rising heat in our grain belts...... it all spells global death, indiscriminate death, impartial death, death.

The rich white will suffer and the coloured poor will suffer. The religious, and the atheist. The left and the right. You ain't going to have anywhere to hide.

Our world has become a place where we are all connected, intertwined, and socially and economically dependent. It won't matter if you are the elite or a schmuck. When human society goes down the drain, it won't much matter.

Oh and happy Thanksgiving eh (it's Thanksgiving in Canada, we don't have to wait until November like the Americans Smile ).

Hi, I'm the forum's resident brat
I find it important to point out I am indeed the first member here Smile
Lesley Niyori

Back to top Go down

Post  Jehanne on Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:28 pm

Do you really say, "eh" in Canada? Where I live (Iowa), I may have heard it a few times!

Jehanne

Back to top Go down

Post  MichaelaSJ on Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:45 pm

Jehanne wrote:Do you really say, "eh" in Canada?  Where I live (Iowa), I may have heard it a few times!
Yeah, they do. My wife has a friend from Alberta who, while she has been in The Bay Area for nearly 50 years still finishes off many of her sentences with 'eh'.

Fahrenheit 451

MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Post  Lesley Niyori on Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:02 am

Yeah, I do it as much in print as in vocal usage.

When I write, I can occasionally have the word processor search it out and eliminate it Smile

My fingers seem to do it automatically.

Hi, I'm the forum's resident brat
I find it important to point out I am indeed the first member here Smile
Lesley Niyori

Back to top Go down

Post  Jehanne on Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:20 pm

I think that ending one's sentences with "eh" is cool! I tried doing it one time, deliberately while trying to keep a straight face, with one of my kiddo's school bus drivers; he looked at me a little funny, but other than that, we had a pleasant conversation!

Jehanne

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson on Tue Oct 09, 2018 2:51 pm

I have to admit to never, ever using it ever, eh, but I don't think it's just Canadians that use it Anzacs and Brits do too In England it can mean many things depending on the tone of how it is said, kinda 'What did you say', 'I think that's stupid', 'What do you think of this/that' etc.

Take chances, make mistakes. That’s how you grow.
Mary Tyler Moore (1936-2017).
Celia Eriksson
Admin

http://thetransgendertimes.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down