Oh, Helga!

Go down

Oh, Helga!

Post  Celia Eriksson on Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:25 pm

Well , it was a long fritful morning. Driving to work at silly O'clock this morning for my 12 hour shift, Helga's winkers decided to conk out! Nothing! I wiggled the winker thingy up and down every few seconds, yet still there was nothing! I wondered if they were actually working on the outside and so I pulled over and I checked them, but they were lifeless. I felt a lot scared and carried on quite upset and nervous. Lukily there is nothing much on the road at 5.30 a.m. and thankfully I made it to work safely.

This morning I was very despondent and not myself, deep in the depths of despair as to what to do, my garage is Monday to Friday only as well and I have two night shifts tomorrow and Monday, I am lost without my Helga.

I think my colleagues picked up my depth of despair quickly and once told of my disaster, I got lots of suggestions about what to do and a lift offer for the rest of my shifts.

Someone said I should phone the AA, which I thought I would try and do so it coincided with a flexible break. But then a very nice colleague said he thought it was the relay thing, and that the AA would be best left 'til Monday anyway. He said he'd look up what kind it was and if one was around locally, he would try and put it in. That cheered me up a little but I was still worried lots.

So he found one not far away and I was to get it, but my colleague said he had best see if he could get the old relay out first and check. Anyway, he looked up online stuff and as I watched he soon had bits off under Helga's old radio, I did wonder, coz I'd fiddled quite a bit with her really temperementical radio yesterday, it keeps getting louder sometimes or quiet, but he said the radio had nothing to do with the relay box.

Anyhow, there was lots of weird looking bits there, all shapes and that, he knew which one the relay was and showed me. The relay is a black box about 2 inches big and it makes the winkers work. He asked me to switch the key on and try the winker. After just a few seconds Helga's winker worked!!!!!! I was very excited!!!! Then it didn't work and my heart sank.... but then it worked again!!! It was a wobbly connection to something under the relay, he said he had to secure it on because it was moving about. He left and came back with a strip of black plastic, soon he had it right and it is working!!!!

Well, I was so very happy, I was told to make sure and check them all and I raced around Helga and every winker worked! I had a great afternoon and I know it sounds silly, but driving home tonight I actually enjoyed putting on her winkers at every turning and I also had a very long chat with her, but that is between me and Helga. Sorry, it must so be a very tedioustical story for you, but very, very important to me, I'm on my own and I have told a close friend tonight and now I've bored you with it! Anyhow, I shall take a bottle of wine in for my colleague, next dayshift!

Naughty Helga

Celia xx

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Take chances, make mistakes. That’s how you grow.
Mary Tyler Moore (1936-2017).
Celia Eriksson
Admin

http://thetransgendertimes.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Oh, Helga!

Post  Lesley Niyori on Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:26 pm

Great to hear Helga is ok Smile

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi, I'm the forum's resident brat
I find it important to point out I am indeed the first member here Smile
Lesley Niyori

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson on Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:42 pm

Thanks Lesley, I know that was a boring story, but I was so worried about it today. XX

Take chances, make mistakes. That’s how you grow.
Mary Tyler Moore (1936-2017).
Celia Eriksson
Admin

http://thetransgendertimes.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  mariehart1 on Sun Oct 07, 2018 12:31 am

It might be boring but there's always a guy who knows this stuff.
I could give you chapter and verse about dishwashers.
But we bought a new one eventually.

YouTube is where it's at. Whatever your issue someone has posted a video.

I just wish things work. I get so stressed when they don't. Meanwhile my wife just assumes I know what I'm doing but I'm just like her: Clueless.

mariehart1

Back to top Go down

Post  MichaelaSJ on Sun Oct 07, 2018 2:42 am

I am glad you found Helga's problem. Since the error was that the entire winker system didn't work, starting with the circuit breaker or relay would have always been a best choice.

When I was working I was able to afford the best, my current car is a Porsche Cayenne S bought new in 2006. I bought it to replace a 2004 Porsche Cayenne that I had put 75,000 mile on in less than 2 years. My current Porsche has 125,000 which is roughly 10,000 miles/year.

I treat it well as if anything breaks, it will rapidly drain what little reserves I have left. I hoping to get another 10 before one of us breaks for the last time.

If you don't want a man unhappy politically, don't give him two sides to a question to worry him; give him one. Better yet, give him none. Let him forget there is such a thing as war. If the Government is inefficient, top-heavy, and tax-mad, better it is all those than that people worry over it. Peace, Montag.
Fahrenheit 451

MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum