This is what happens when SCOTUS becomes politicized.

Go down

This is what happens when SCOTUS becomes politicized.

Post  jentay1367 on Sat Oct 13, 2018 12:17 am

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Everything you want is on the other side of fear

jentay1367

Back to top Go down

Re: This is what happens when SCOTUS becomes politicized.

Post  MichaelaSJ on Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:31 am

I was going to mention something about my Second Amendment Rights remaining unabridged, but then someone somewhere would likely tag me as being a radical leftist rabble rouser wanting to start mob rule somewhere.

I am 72 in two weeks and nearing my time here ending and I am truly sorry I won't be able to do anything about the Nation, the World going to the right wing dogs.

Of course, you could simply put your guns away and contribute to your candidate either with money or time or both and FUCKING VOTE!
Beto O'Rourke in Texas out raised Ted Cruz with $38.1 million, a difference of three times - I hope that in 3+ weeks he spends that money wisely and beats that POS Ted Cruz by a margin Cruz won't challenge.
If I had my druthers, I would wish the Congress and President would overturn the finding in County of Santa Clara v Southern Pacific Railroad Company , 118 U.S. 394 (1886) in which a clerk in the SCOTUS incorrectly added language to the opinion giving corporations the same First Amendment Right to Free Speech as actual persons. This language, uncorrected was the basis for the Citizens United v. Federal Election Commission, 558 U.S. 310 decision giving the right to spend money as a first amendment right to corporations.

A Congress with sufficient courage and a POTUS not beholding to someone's check book could define a person for the purpose of the Constitution as someone actually living with flesh and blood and not simply with a board of directors.
If I had my druthers, I would wish the Congress and President sign into legislation a consistent model for who can vote, and to also require the various states to set up a commission of citizens at large who would determine the Congressional Districts that would send a Representative to Congress. (We did this in California without any argument!)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you don't want a man unhappy politically, don't give him two sides to a question to worry him; give him one. Better yet, give him none. Let him forget there is such a thing as war. If the Government is inefficient, top-heavy, and tax-mad, better it is all those than that people worry over it. Peace, Montag.
Fahrenheit 451

MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Post  Jehanne on Sat Oct 13, 2018 11:10 am

Where I live (Iowa), early voting has already started, and so, "Vote, but Vote now!"

Jehanne

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down