It has started...

Go down

It has started...

Post  MichaelaSJ on Sun Oct 14, 2018 5:34 am

I am watching a Netflix docudrama titled '22 July' [2011]. This is a date I am sure Celia has etched into her memory. The trailer for the movie jogged my synapses and I remember the news reports that that the government building in Osla was bombed, much like the government building in Oklahoma City, sixteen years earlier. I also remember the horror when the news reported a gunman had killed 68 children and sponsors on a holiday island, Utøya Island outside of Oslo. The killer, a lone monster, a right-wing terrorist Anders Behring Breivikan blew up the building hoping to have toppled the government. He then went to a holiday island, and killed the 68 children and their sponsors because they were the children of Norway's elite. All told his death penalty was over 70 killed and 200 injured.

His justification was the influx of non-white immigrants into Norway and Scandanavia generally.

In one scene in the movie, the murderer's attorney, Geir Lippestad is talking with an ultra-right wing neo-nazi individual - the conversation goes, 'he [Breivikan] says a war is coming' and the neo-nazi says 'I'd say the war is already started'.

A bit later the attorney then asks the nazi about what is happening in America, 'Storm front. Growing fast! Very fast, joining up with Europe'.

Chicken Little ran around yelling the sky is falling the sky is falling. I have never been one to jump wildly onto band wagons for this issue or that issue. I am mostly a skeptic and it takes a while for me to come to a rational conclusion about most things. But not this.

Trump is ginning up the masses, much like Mussolini and Hitler did in the 1930s.
In the closing weeks of last year’s special election in Georgia, Republicans used footage of a riot by Antifa — a fringe sect that views the Democratic party with contempt — to characterize the moderate Democratic nominee Jon Ossoff as a dangerous loon. In the closing weeks of the 2018 midterm elections, Republicans have taken this message national. Democrats are an “angry mob,” charges President Trump. “You don’t hand matches to an arsonist, and you don’t give power to an angry, left-wing mob. And that’s what the Democrats have become.”
I do not see things in the corner or hear voices down the hall calling me to be afraid, but I am. I felt hatred for George W. Bush when he sent our Nation to war in Iraq and Afghanistan. But I did not fear him (although maybe I should have). But Trump is different. Whereas Bush made very bad decisions, Trump is using a voice not heard since the rise of Nazi Germany and The Brown Shirts of Italy.
At a campaign rally in Iowa Tuesday night President Donald Trump became the leader of an angry mob. Stoking up the fury of the crowd, the president blamed California Senator Dianne Feinstein for the sexual assault allegations against Brett Kavanaugh. As he did so, his unhinged audience began chanting ‘lock her up,' referring to the senior senator from California.
President Donald Trump urged evangelical leaders this week to get out the vote ahead of the upcoming midterm elections and warned of "violence" by opponents if they fail.

Trump made the dire warning at a White House dinner Monday evening attended by dozens of conservative Christian pastors, ministers and supporters of his administration.

Trump was stressing the stakes in November when he warned that, if Democrats win, they "will overturn everything that we've done and they'll do it quickly and violently," according to attendees and audio of his closed-door remarks obtained by media outlets, including The New York Times. He specifically mentioned self-described antifa, or anti-fascist groups, describing them as "violent people."
Asked Wednesday what he meant, Trump told reporters, "I just hope there won't be violence."
I was sitting with my Wife a couple of nights ago after watching the news and I told her, he [Trump] is taking us towards a civil war.

Then this popped up on my screen tonight:
Minutes after an event at a Manhattan Republican club meant to celebrate violence against leftists, attendees belonging to a proto-fascist, pro-Trump street gang reportedly pummeled three people on the sidewalk in Manhattan’s Upper East Side while shouting homophobic slurs.

Footage posted online by video journalist Sandi Bachom shows a group of men who appear to be Proud Boys — a misogynistic and anti-Muslim fraternity known for committing acts of political violence across the country — kicking and punching three apparent anti-fascist protesters as they lay prone on the sidewalk.
“Do you feel brave now, faggot?” one of the attackers yelled, according to Bachom and another journalist, photographer Shay Horse. Another video shows multiple attackers yelling “faggot.”

It has started and I am fucking scared, really, really fucking scared!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you don't want a man unhappy politically, don't give him two sides to a question to worry him; give him one. Better yet, give him none. Let him forget there is such a thing as war. If the Government is inefficient, top-heavy, and tax-mad, better it is all those than that people worry over it. Peace, Montag.
Fahrenheit 451

MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Re: It has started...

Post  Lenneth on Sun Oct 14, 2018 7:43 am

the violence is only between extremists of 2 political factions, lets hope it stays that way and fizzles out.
both sides have known extremist groups, neither is correct in initiating aggression.
Lenneth

Back to top Go down

Post  Lesley Niyori on Sun Oct 14, 2018 12:45 pm

Mother nature doesn't do politics.

Hurricane Micheal wasn't interested in who she stomped on.
The next hurricane won't care either. And the next one and the next one and the next one.

2018 might not be as bad as 2017 was. 2019, who knows.
It's not going to get better though.

This year has seen some bad fires in places even I thought were not a problem.
Canada is a wet country, and regardless, it is having troubles with fires.
Next year there will be bad fires.
It's not going to get better.

Let the fucking retards of our politics fight, I don't give a flying fuck.
Mother nature is not going to care who she kills.
And that will mean white Christian fucking scum, as well as LGBT individuals.
The rich won't be any better off.
Our society is based on money. And when our society crashes and burns from the house burning down, it will fail.
And it won't be pretty.

Maybe we are doomed as a species.
Maybe the survivors will find enough pieces to put it back together, eventually.
I'm not worried about Orwell's 1984.
I'm concerned about a lot of science fiction plots I have read about happening sooner than later.

Currently, our science is attached to a lot of capable research and technological innovations.
If our society collapses, all of the research and technology goes with it.
We are able to monitor our planet because we able to see it through the eyes of our devices and our information technology. When that goes, well, it will mean we won't see mom coming.

And mom is indeed coming.
And she's not a lot of flaky crap in a 2000 year old book.
And there is no happy ending with mom.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi, I'm the forum's resident brat
I find it important to point out I am indeed the first member here Smile
Lesley Niyori

Back to top Go down

Post  MichaelaSJ on Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:05 pm

Lenneth wrote:the violence is only between extremists of 2 political factions, lets hope it stays that way and fizzles out.
both sides have known extremist groups, neither is correct in initiating aggression.
I agree that the Antifa is a group of extremists, but they are small and mostly noisy. Trump will use this group as a catalyst for his greater message regarding the left in general and Dems specifically.

Whether he understands what he is doing is immaterial. He is rousing up the hatred the white lower middle class in the U.S. thinks is happening to them.

Trump is taking on half of the country with his 'Democrats are the mod' rhetoric. You may want to call up the movie 'Cabaret' on Netflix and watch what happens as you watch the worldwide with blinders.

If you don't want a man unhappy politically, don't give him two sides to a question to worry him; give him one. Better yet, give him none. Let him forget there is such a thing as war. If the Government is inefficient, top-heavy, and tax-mad, better it is all those than that people worry over it. Peace, Montag.
Fahrenheit 451

MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Post  Lesley Niyori Yesterday at 3:40 am

Wasn't meant as a deflection.

There's a lot of really crappy shit happening in the US at the political level.
And in the end, Mother Nature simply isn't going to care.

She's not going to care if you are a Trump type, or a total Left fanatic.
She's not doing the whole smite em for their wickedness thing.

Florida is the last place to buy property. California is going to eventually run out of water and I suppose everything will eventually be burnt down soon enough.
I would not want to live in a grain belt either.
And the Atlantic coast ain't going to be a great place soon enough.

The US is becoming a nation where 2 or more groups are fighting within a building that is part burning down, part blown away in a hurricane and about to have water supply problems.

And yet, no one seems to be interested in that detail.

Today I learned the US won't let Canadians into the US if they have been indulging legal marijuana in Canada. Fucked if I know why I'd want to go there. I doubt I'd feel safe in the transphobic US.

Lesley Niyori

Back to top Go down

Post  MichaelaSJ Yesterday at 4:16 am

Lesley Niyori wrote:And in the end, Mother Nature simply isn't going to care.
Eventually, a city sized asteroid or comet will once again collide with the Earth destroying most if not all life.

What is your fucking point?

Lesley Niyori wrote:Today I learned the US won't let Canadians into the US if they have been indulging legal marijuana in Canada. Fucked if I know why I'd want to go there. I doubt I'd feel safe in the transphobic US.
I invite you to stay home in your little hole in the wall hiding place.

I once worked with a Canadian national who was in the U.S. on a H1-B work visa. His wife was doing a master degree at a state , MY STATE run university - the University of California, Berkeley, one of the world's formost universities. (Can you say that about any of your Canadian schools [maybe McGill, but what else]?)

He had the audacity to tell me that my government was fucked up. Since I reported to him at the time I held my tongue as best I could - but I did make it absolutely clear I could get his visa, and his wife's visa pulled with an anonymous letter to out State Department. He quieted down.

Fahrenheit 451

MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson Yesterday at 11:23 am

Hi Everyone!

Well, returning to the subject, Breivik was considered not to be criminally insane, but almost certainly had mental health issues. I remember that day and the news was not easy to take and watching the news was difficult for me. It's not something I am wanting to write about much, that's for sure.

But, firstly, I wanted to say I am sure that in a couple of years, sanity upon green politics will return to the USA. We are quick to dismiss China as being unaware of green issues, well, that is not so true anymore, they are awakening to it. I have hope for the world, but many things need to change quite soon.

The majority of sane individuals in the USA will prevent right wing dominance of their nation and return to normality. Isolated incidents of far right thuggery has always existed, but has been contained in democratic nations, I am also sure no sane US citizen wants it to become the norm there and I am certain, with sure hope, that it will not... Celia xx

Take chances, make mistakes. That’s how you grow.
Mary Tyler Moore (1936-2017).
Celia Eriksson
Admin

http://thetransgendertimes.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Angelic Yesterday at 1:15 pm

Celia Eriksson wrote:Hi Everyone!

Well, returning to the subject, Breivik was considered not to be criminally insane, but almost certainly had mental health issues. I remember that day and the news was not easy to take and watching the news was difficult for me. It's not something I am wanting to write about much, that's for sure.

But, firstly, I wanted to say I am sure that in a couple of years, sanity upon green politics will return to the USA. We are quick to dismiss China as being unaware of green issues, well, that is not so true anymore, they are awakening to it. I have hope for the world, but many things need to change quite soon.

The majority of sane individuals in the USA will prevent right wing dominance of their nation and return to normality. Isolated incidents of far right thuggery has always existed, but has been contained in democratic nations, I am also sure no sane US citizen wants it to become the norm there and I am certain, with sure hope, that it will not... Celia xx

I strongly dislike the left and I strongly dislike the right.

The right is an anti-drug conspiracy to fund cartels. They are insane. So what if a Canadian smokes some pot. Bring them here. There is no way to reason with the right or left. Both are part of the same agenda. Both left and right, are nightmare fuel.
Angelic

Back to top Go down

Post  Lesley Niyori Yesterday at 3:13 pm

"What is your fucking point?"

There might be little point in worrying over anything at all.
Trump will likely not be going anywhere too soon.
Trump will likely do serious harm to his nation.
His lies and his behaviour are a serious danger to the nation.

But in 50 years, it might not be relevant if the country just rolls over and dies from environmental repercussions.

Whether or not it is safe to live in Florida due to political decisions, might not be worth the effort to care if the state ends up under water.

Racism in the US might not be much of a concern if the grain belt dies taking whomever is there with it indiscriminately.

You can't eat money, and no amount of money will buy non-existent food. So being a rich elite, won't save the rich elite if they let their land flood/burn/dry up and blow away.

Trump is flat out denying what is coming.
Maybe he WANTS Joe American to die.

They're returning to coal. Coal is the source of the problem.
He's inciting violence. Maybe he WANTS a civil war.

Meanwhile, you just seem to want to insult my being Canadian, and I have to wonder, do you really think it bothers me, that you hope I DO stay here. Fuck, it's so American to say "well then don't come" as if I were planning to change my mind Smile

I'm sitting in the place you are going to want to be soon enough.
I'm going to be ok if you wish to, when you need to.
I've got wilderness the likes of which me thinks most Americans can't conceive of sitting up here.
We've all heard it before, Texas and how 'big' it is. Montana and its big sky. I can put both Texas and Montana in North Ontario and not notice they're up there.

The biggest problem with the US is the notion its the pinnacle of existence on this planet.
It's not the biggest, or the bestest, or the freest place.
It's rapidly becoming one of the most dangerous though.

Lesley Niyori

Back to top Go down

Post  MichaelaSJ Yesterday at 6:03 pm

Lesley, nihilism fits your outlook well. Keep your head up.

Fahrenheit 451

MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Post  Lesley Niyori Yesterday at 7:39 pm

MichaelaSJ wrote:Lesley, nihilism fits your outlook well. Keep your head up.

Definition of nihilism. 1a : a viewpoint that traditional values and beliefs are unfounded and that existence is senseless and useless Nihilism is a condition in which all ultimate values lose their value.— Ronald H. Nash. b : a doctrine that denies any objective ground of truth and especially of moral truths.

Merriam-Webster

Not according to Merriam-Webster.

I have traditional values. I actually make most femms cringe.
I think a lot of religious beliefs have value, that is not to say I support a lot of the skewed dogma that pretends to support those beliefs. Most Christians are not preaching Christ's teachings. Ironic.
Existence isn't senseless. Ignoring the truth though can make a lot of effort pointless though.

Me thinks you just don't like that I refuse to espouse the American viewpoint.

Lesley Niyori

Back to top Go down

Post  MichaelaSJ Today at 2:08 am

Lesley Niyori wrote:Me thinks you just don't like that I refuse to espouse the American viewpoint.
Me thinks that you believe you have a Canadian right to disparage my home while I have to stay quiet about your homestead.

I still think that your general outlook on life is nihilistic. Your view on 'mother-nature' in your previous posts gives rise to my generalization on your personal outlook.

Fahrenheit 451

MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down