Keeping it real

Go down

Keeping it real

Post  Lesley Niyori on Thu Oct 18, 2018 2:38 pm

I'm posting this, really only so you guys can then take it and put it in your various places you go to.

I mean, it's not like any of us need to hear this. It's the people in our lives that need to hear it Smile

Because like the video suggests, it's not about biology or science or whatever, it's about not being assholes Smile

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi, I'm the forum's resident brat
I find it important to point out I am indeed the first member here Smile
Lesley Niyori

Back to top Go down

Re: Keeping it real

Post  Celia Eriksson on Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:37 pm

Nice vid, yes, get the message out there, we are not going to accept bigotry anymore! Thank you for sharing Lesley!!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Take chances, make mistakes. That’s how you grow.
Mary Tyler Moore (1936-2017).
Celia Eriksson
Admin

http://thetransgendertimes.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  MichaelaSJ on Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:57 am

I wish it had closed captioning - especially the blokes last comment.

There is a Veteran's Administration phlebotomist who refuses to address me as she. I have reported him - to little avail.

I usually have my hair tied up but no makeup, wear NYDJ jeans and tops and shoes that says I am female, but about half the time I am missed gendered. I quietly complain telling the individual I prefer Miki and female pronouns.

I have not had one individual mis-pronoun me on purpose after that enjoinder.
One of my goals come the new year is to change my name and gender (legal/not physical. I have the funds $475 to do it!). I think this will remove one impediment to being continuing to be mis-gendered.

If you don't want a man unhappy politically, don't give him two sides to a question to worry him; give him one. Better yet, give him none. Let him forget there is such a thing as war. If the Government is inefficient, top-heavy, and tax-mad, better it is all those than that people worry over it. Peace, Montag.
Fahrenheit 451

MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Post  Elizabeth Lynn on Fri Oct 19, 2018 5:07 pm

MichaelaSJ wrote:There is a Veteran's Administration phlebotomist who refuses to address me as she. I have reported him - to little avail.

Mikki, every VA Medical Center has an LGBT Veteran Care Coordinator. If you can't find out who that is, PM me the name of the Medical Center and I can find out the name and contact info and PM it to you.

This pisses me off to no end because I've spent a lot of time educating the VAMC staff here in Boise and helped write the Medical Center regulation. I haven't heard of a single instance of a trans vet being mis-gendered or otherwise treated with disrespect, over the past 4 years so I know it can be done.

Liz
Elizabeth Lynn

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down