Emma Watson says transgender right are human rights.

Go down

Emma Watson says transgender right are human rights.

Post  mariehart1 on Fri Oct 19, 2018 5:19 pm

just saw this:

https://www.msn.com/en-ie/lifestyle/relationships/anti-trans-feminists-don’t-speak-for-me/ar-BBOyIa7

Cheers me up a bit. Okay the article isn't written by her but it's a very pleasing and concise article which by a cis lesbian and I not Irish woman by her name which cuts straight to truth of the matter.

Oh yes and my respect for Emma Watson has increased. Kudos to her.

mariehart1

Back to top Go down

Re: Emma Watson says transgender right are human rights.

Post  MichaelaSJ on Fri Oct 19, 2018 6:30 pm

Emma Watson - a talented actor. What a physical beauty and now a political beauty.

I don't believe many transwomen understand the power of the TERFs (Trans-Exlusionary Radical Feminist). The are a powerful, if not noisy group of women who want the pitch all to themselves.

I first came across the power of the TERFs when I went looking for treatment for my GD at the Veteran's Administration. When the VA was first addressing this issue, they were given a 'report':
Janice Raymond, author of 'The Transsexual Empire: The Making of the She-Male' authored a paper iIn the early 1980s that the Health and Human Services branch of the U.S. Government used to deny trans men and women trans-related medical care, for example.

The verbiage often used by the TERF groups are problematic for the transgender community. Not because of the way in which they deliberately seek to dehumanize and denigrate trans women, but because of the reliance of tropes that medical science have for many years proven wrong, that feed into misunderstandings people may have regarding what being transgender truly means. In their words. a transgender woman is a nothing but a “self loathing gay man” and they claim that trans women are gay men who, rather than stand up and come out as gay, would rather “hide” by being transgender, as if it makes things more palatable for friends, family and co-workers. The reverse is unfortunately the truth.
https://www.huffingtonpost.com/kelsie-brynn-jones/transexclusionary-radical-terf_b_5632332.html
Health and Human Services has since modified its position on GRS/GCS but the VA is a separate organization with its own rules, so, while I get hormones and counseling from the VA, I cannot get GRC/GCS, BA or even an orchiectomy if done for GD reasons. There is strong support within the VA to change the regulations, but with today's political climate and the push to privatize the VA, there is little chance this will change in the near future.

A current leader of the TERFs is Cathy Brennan, an attorney from Colorado. She lead a group known as the Gender Identity Watch but stepped down from this group as of July 2018. The group is still active. Here is Brennan's parting statement:
“In 2012, I started Gender Identity Watch [Watching Legal Developments That Erase Female Reality] because it was abundantly clear that transgenderism was a tsunami devastating the rights of women and girls, and it would be important to understand how that wave grew. Additionally, very few of us were publicly objecting to transgenderism. So, we captured as much as we could, drop by drop, using all volunteer labor. I am grateful to hand the blog off to trustworthy stewards as it has become necessary for me to devote my energy to other endeavors. Also, the need to the blog is not as great as it was because hundreds of women are now saying out loud ‘transgenderism hurts women.’”
https://genderidentitywatch.com/
GIW's tagline is "Watching Legal Developments That Erase Female Reality". This is the same noise as 'The Jews Will Not Replace Us' or 'The Browning of America' or any other trope that seeks to identify and segregate minorities.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you don't want a man unhappy politically, don't give him two sides to a question to worry him; give him one. Better yet, give him none. Let him forget there is such a thing as war. If the Government is inefficient, top-heavy, and tax-mad, better it is all those than that people worry over it. Peace, Montag.
Fahrenheit 451

MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Post  mariehart1 on Fri Oct 19, 2018 7:43 pm

That's appalling Michaela. Just shows that bigotry is not an exclusive male issue.
When you realise that transgender people who are literally a tiny and mostly anonymous and harmless community being demonised by women mostly.
It's terrible.
But I think these people are on the wrong side of the history. Maybe it's needed. Gays were demonised not so long ago.
Disappointing that some gay and lesbian people have used their newly found mainstream acceptance to turn on the next minority.
People are shits.

mariehart1

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down