The Transgender Boards
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Back pain.

3 posters

Go down

Back pain.  Empty Back pain.

Post  Abby Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:53 pm

Been suffering back pain for years, first started when I slipped on a wet floor while holding at the time my 6 month old child. I fell backwards onto the stairs. Unable to save my self as I cocooned my boy to protect him. Several years of therapy and pilaties it was doing and going well. until the new job, when it started to hurt again, and since the wedding of my brother it has gone to another level can't even stand up straight, hurts to bend , to sit up, to sit down. Had to leave work at 10am today as the pain was just to much. Got an MRI on Friday (crazy fast for the NHS) so hopefully find out if it's a disk or nerve problem.
Still take my mind off the disphoria!
Abby
Abby

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Back pain.  Empty Re: Back pain.

Post  Abby Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:21 pm

Tramadol is not really cutting it these days, weed just makes me depressed the next day so I have not used it for years. Trying the oil at the moment, the one with out THC, as it's the only legally available, does not seem to work.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To those who've survived: Breath. That's it. Once more. Good. Your good. Even if you're not, you're alive. That is a victory. Jemisin

I am dyslexic, and normally use a smart phone to interact with the world. So the words written may not be the words intended to be used.
Abby
Abby

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post  MichaelaSJ Thu Nov 08, 2018 5:30 am

Of all of the great apes we, homo sapiens, are the only one to walk upright - and what a curse it is. I can only hope your injury is correctable with surgery meant to relieve pressure against your nerves. Please think twice, three times and once more if the want to fuse your vertebrae in the area of the injury. The success rate is less than 50% and it can exacerbate the injury.

I have a 'classroom example' cervical spine and while I can get through the day with three doses of hydrocodone - I wish I didn't have my neck. Motocross racing in my early twenties gave me the arthritis I now have.

About 30 years ago I did a really stupid thing - I showed off my 'strength' by deadlifting one end of a 700# glulam beam. As soon as I got beam off the support I felt my joint at L4-L5 crush. It wasn't too bad, but limited my motion significantly (couldn't play golf). Just after 9/11, it started to really act up, and if I were sitting at a desk and moved wrong - BAM!, I would be on the floor.

I don't know how, but the L4-5 injury eventually healed itself.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Disobedience in the eyes of any one who has read history is man's original virtue. "—Oscar Wilde.
If you don't want a man unhappy politically, don't give him two sides to a question to worry him; give him one. Better yet, give him none. Let him forget there is such a thing as war. If the Government is inefficient, top-heavy, and tax-mad, better it is all those than that people worry over it. Peace, Montag.
Fahrenheit 451
“lifelong atheist, not afraid of burning in hell,” Ron Reagan FFRF
MichaelaSJ
MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Post  Abby Thu Nov 08, 2018 5:17 pm

Feels like its in the L5 S1 region, had to take the day off again today as the pain was to much again. Work said to take my time to recover, but its is stressing me out not being there as i really like this job. But I do need to recover. Sad

To those who've survived: Breath. That's it. Once more. Good. Your good. Even if you're not, you're alive. That is a victory. Jemisin

I am dyslexic, and normally use a smart phone to interact with the world. So the words written may not be the words intended to be used.
Abby
Abby

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down