What are you doing now?

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Re: What are you doing now?

Post  Celia Eriksson on Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:16 pm

Hi Marie!

That was quite nice to read. I think we were born the same year, 1960? I liked the music too, but soon got into folk, country and other sounds once punk rock spoilt everything. I did like some '78 time stuff, I liked Kate Bush, Crystal Gayle The Carpenters and that. Never got into things like Prince though, my favs of those days were not so well known and some were truly brill. Adam and the Ants for example, I saw them before they got famous!

Celia xx

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Take chances, make mistakes. That’s how you grow.
Mary Tyler Moore (1936-2017).
Celia Eriksson
Admin

http://thetransgendertimes.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson on Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:42 pm

Oh, this is '78, but he did record it earlier than this if I remember right.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHHjy-r3DFc

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Celia Eriksson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  mariehart1 on Sat Jun 09, 2018 12:06 am

Yes Celia, 1959, December, so I'm really, really old guess my male name although it's also technically a female name too. I'm Christmas all year round. Yes it seems we're contemporaries.
Actually I like being from the 1950s, just about.
We in Dublin rejected all things country and folk because it represented all that was bad about Ireland. Dublin was pretty liberal. Someone sarcastically said that that Dublin was really a regional British city. There's truth in that.

We had British TV, British newspapers and we felt that everyone outside Dublin was a culchie or basically a redneck. So Dublin was actually quite liberal.

So I never felt oppressed, we had gays, we had transvestites, we had gay pubs even before it was technically legal. Yeah it took to the nineties to legalise being gay. But it wasn't enforced and indeed I am a criminal. I confess. I committed a criminal act.

But I was born criminal. My Mother got pregnant before marriage. My Dad married her but given the way he treated me. He regretted it. But I'm lucky many people at that time ended up in slavery and oppression. But I had an almost idyllic childhood in reality. I had good parents. My Mother was a saint, no question.

Sorry, stream of consciousness again Celia. But yes we have similar experiences. Like many Irish I have cousins in Britain. It's one country really because we have common experience culturally. My God Daughter is English, my niece. Plus various other nieces and nephews.

We are connected in so many ways.

mariehart1

Back to top Go down

Post  Anna Mull on Sat Jun 09, 2018 1:32 pm

Resting (as I type this). I worked 80 hours outdoors this week.
Anna Mull

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson on Sat Jun 09, 2018 5:30 pm

mariehart1 wrote:Yes Celia, 1959, December, so I'm really, really old guess my male name although it's also technically a female name too. I'm Christmas all year round. Yes it seems we're contemporaries.
Actually I like being from the 1950s, just about.
We in Dublin rejected all things country and folk because it represented all that was bad about Ireland. Dublin was pretty liberal. Someone sarcastically said that that Dublin was really a regional British city. There's truth in that.

We had British TV, British newspapers and we felt that everyone outside Dublin was a culchie or basically a redneck. So Dublin was actually quite liberal.

So I never felt oppressed, we had gays, we had transvestites, we had gay pubs even before it was technically legal. Yeah it took to the nineties to legalise being gay. But it wasn't enforced and indeed I am a criminal. I confess. I committed a criminal act.

But I was born criminal. My Mother got pregnant before marriage. My Dad married her but given the way he treated me. He regretted it. But I'm lucky many people at that time ended up in slavery and oppression. But I had an almost idyllic childhood in reality. I had good parents. My Mother was a saint, no question.

Sorry, stream of consciousness again Celia. But yes we have similar experiences. Like many Irish I have cousins in Britain. It's one country really because we have common experience culturally. My God Daughter is English, my niece. Plus various other nieces and nephews.

We are connected in so many ways.

Well, we are only as old as we feel. I was September '60. It's strange, coz we were taught at school that Ireland is part of the British Isles and that the Irish people were British, I remember my History Mistress explained that it's just that the Irish pople don't like being called British. That was how it was viewed by old British thinking back then I guess.

Which I guess is understandable, I never tread upon people's sensibilities and Ireland is Ireland and Britain is Britain as far as I'm concerned. I have to go night shift now, but it's always nice to read your posts. 

Anna Mull wrote:Resting (as I type this). I worked 80 hours outdoors this week

Oh Anna, 80 hours is long, hope you have lots of time to rest. I have done 72 in four days and that is draining. We're not supposed to, but sometimes we have no choice.

Celia xx

Celia Eriksson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  mariehart1 on Sat Jun 09, 2018 6:07 pm

Some people get worked up about being called the British Isles but it's only geography like North America includes Canada. I suppose your history teacher was partly right. Maybe we're really british, small b. I don't know if you've ever been here but you would find it familiar about as different as England is from Scotland or Wales. I don't think we see each other as foreigners that's for sure. I had the experience of being in a London Cab with the Cabbie complaining about the bloody foreigners.

Speaking of foreigners I was speaking to a young African girl living and working here once. It soon became clear she didn't realise she wasn't in the UK! She was surprised when I told the news. Very Happy

As for Anna's 80 hour week. I used to work a regular 60 hour week but alternated with a much nicer 24 hour week. When flying I would sometimes log 30 hours in the cockpit in a week but that meant being on duty nearly 80 hours. Tough going but very lucrative. $$$$$$$$

mariehart1

Back to top Go down

Post  mariehart1 on Sat Jun 09, 2018 8:21 pm

Tonight I'm sitting here nicely dressed in dress and sandals, drinking something called 'Ibiza Ice' sparkling wine, very nice very girly.
I'm watching Trooping the Colour on the BBC, the highlights. How very british,( small b). I missed it live because I was out with my wife's friend this morning wandering around town nattering like the two middle aged ladies we are. All my dysphoria ceases to exist when I'm with another woman.

Anyway I love the Trooping of the Colour, all that military pageantry. A chap I worked with was in the Irish guards and took part once. He was very proud of it even though he came from part of the country that had a lot people who took a dim view of the Queen. I pointed out the irony that the Queen was often guarded by Irishmen who weren't even British against other Irishmen who were in fact British. I served in the Irish army reserve for a few years. Many of my comrades went on to join the British army. One ex member of my unit went on to the Irish Guards and was sadly killed in Iraq. He was buried with full military honours of both countries in Dublin. Sad.

I was never cut out to be a soldier. Too soft. But I love the thing around it. I note the British army has no problem with transgender members. Their attitude is that if you can do the job that's what counts. Nothing else. Common sense, something lacking in a certain Trump person.

mariehart1

Back to top Go down

Post  Lucy Catherine Schoon on Sat Jun 09, 2018 8:46 pm

Just got back from York pride. It was so chilled out.

Had a few wines, laid on the grass and just relaxed.....

Love is natural,  hate is taught.... Like a Star @ heaven
Lucy Catherine Schoon

Back to top Go down

Post  mariehart1 on Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:00 pm

York is on my bucket list to visit. Sounds like my kind of place. Bit like where I live now.

At the mo I'm watching the Rolling Stones in Hyde park '69. Jagger said something interesting back then. He said that the Beatles weren't really into concerts. They were more song writers and records. But 'we' were more into concerts. Well nearly forty years later the Stones are still touring. Very prescient.
I met him once. I was having lunch in a bistro in Dublin. My fellow diner nudged me, 'look'. Jagger was at the next table. I also saw Keith Richards looking very shook in the front seat of a Rolls Royce. Still alive though.

mariehart1

Back to top Go down

Post  Lesley Niyori on Sun Jun 10, 2018 5:26 pm

Something strange happened today.

I have energy drive and opportunity all at the same time Smile
And the sun is shining.

Going to play with my table saw methinks.
Because that's what girls do on nice sunny Sundays right?

Hi, I'm the forum's resident brat
I find it important to point out I am indeed the first member here Smile
Lesley Niyori

Back to top Go down

Post  mariehart1 on Sun Jun 24, 2018 11:49 pm

Back home after an interesting weekend. My friend invited me to a barbeque for his and his girlfriend's birthday, 50th. Actually it was a Braai, google it. Anyway the weather is fabulous here. Hot and hot and this is Ireland.
Anyway I arrived at my sister's house in the hills outside Dublin city. We were to stay there and leave the kids when we went to the Braai. My friend is from Africa.
Big drama, my brother in law was in the house when the dog started barking. He looked out and saw a perp inside his car looking for something. He disturbed him and the guy went over the wall. He couldn't steal the car even if it was open because the house is gated. Anyway brother in law called the cops and jumped in the car and chased the criminal. So we arrived and his son told us we had a big story to tell. Anyway the cops arrived but the criminal escaped. Great fun really.

We abandoned the kids to the sister and went to the braai, it was great, a multinational event, lots of sausages, steak and chicken. The only downside was when my friend's English Dad made a comment about men women and the whole transgender thing. I just let it go. I haven't got the energy. His Mum was nice though.

I didn't drink too much and went back to my sis's house. We had a nice lie in.

So before we headed home we went on a drive to the Beverly Hills of Dublin. The place where Bono, Enya and Van Morrison have their house. Wow and wow and wow, it's by the sea and the weather was perfect. It was like the mediterrean. The area is a bit like Monaco, lots of houses belonging to very rich people overlooking the sea but not so crowded. More like parts of Italy. Some of the streets are called Sorrento and Vico Road. The view has been compared to the bay of Naples. Whatever, it's fabulous. I once saw Bono there out walking with his daughter. But here in Ireland it's not cool to acknowledge things like that. So you just nod to him.

Anyway it was a fabulous day. I just wish I had the money to buy a house there.

So I'm going to bed happy.

Once funny thing, we were in a train station café enjoying lunch when out of the blue my sister in law's husband suddenly appeared and sat down beside us. It was amazing, he just happened to be passing and saw us and came in. I know the country is small but we were on the other side of it in a tiny café. Incredible. But I have met someone I knew in London once, that's even more incredible.

I had a great time, no dysphoria. It doesn't get better than that.

mariehart1

Back to top Go down

Post  Lesley Niyori on Mon Jun 25, 2018 1:38 am

A buddy invited me out for a drive to a car show and other destinations. Car show was nice, got some pictures (will share in the proper thread).

During shopping in nearby Peterborough managed to find this adorable figurine. Asked my friend "dear, can you buy this for me pleeeeease". It was only 2 bucks and I say please so adorably too Smile

Lesley Niyori

Back to top Go down

Post  Lesley Niyori on Fri Jun 29, 2018 3:56 am

So I had one of those days where you juuuuuust don't want to do a damned thing at all. So I just wasted like 6 hours playing through a one sitting game of Civ V to a victory which was essentially against the AI, so yeah, yippee, I beat the AI hurrah, I beat an idiot.

Those 6 hours are gone and so is the day. But oh well, I just wanted to waste the day anyway.

So many games I have already played often enough.
I occasionally reinstall them when I forget how lacklustre playing them the last time was.

I'm ashamed to say it, but, I'd have rather spent the evening sucking off my boyfriend till he was raw Smile
Well, I say that knowing I've done that particular act once in my life hehe (not making him raw though).

I am so bored with my life.

Lesley Niyori

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum