Sadly I have now officially experienced retail discrimination.

Go down

Sadly I have now officially experienced retail discrimination.

Post  Lesley Niyori on Wed May 30, 2018 10:04 pm

Well, not like you will ever encounter the no account minor location of Tomes and Trivia, a used bookstore in a renovated home on our main street, but the owner has seen fit to deny me access to her store as a result of transphobic discrimination.

Peculiar mostly as I have shopped there before, and as me in all cases, and I have even talked with the woman on most of my visits, and thought things were ok. I've bought books there previously. So today was out of the blue and unexpected.

Today I was informed I was trespassing mere moments after I entered the store. She was evasive and would not specify what the problem was. I left confused and upset. Mostly confused.

I mentioned my experiences on Facebook where my Aunt Stacey saw them and being she is an advocate and not to be messed with, she elected to contact the store. The woman was most obvious and rude to Aunt Stacey. Big mistake Smile No one messes with my Aunt Stacey or one of her own.

She has elected to write to a local publication editor as well as file a human rights code complaint on my behalf.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi, I'm the forum's resident brat
I find it important to point out I am indeed the first member here Smile
Lesley Niyori

Back to top Go down

Re: Sadly I have now officially experienced retail discrimination.

Post  Celia Eriksson on Wed May 30, 2018 11:03 pm

Hi Lesley,

Firstly, I am very annoyed about this, well, experiencing, hearing or reading anything such as this!

I truly hope that this is resolved for you, very quickly. Did this horrid woman give your Aunt any reason, whilst on the telephone, as to why you are banned from her shop? I do realise that you say that it is quite obvious, as to what she related.

Well, you bought books there before, so it would seem that since that time she may have discovered that you are a transgender woman? Which to my mind suggests that she is, without any doubt, transphopic.

Please do not let it upset you, for she is not important! My advice? Well, were it to happen to myself, I would carry on and hold my head up high, I would not care a jot, never go to that shop, disrecommend it to everyone and forget the stupid person that barred me... But, then we are all different...  

But different things upset different people, again I realise you say you were more confused.... But, I have no doubt, that with many other situations, you will be far, far, stronger minded than I. I guess that is for why we come to places like here, for a little cyberspacial support sometimes. But, luckily it is, that you have your Aunt to help you directly, power to her elbow, as we say over here. 

Dear Lesley, nobody has a right to upset you for being a woman. I truly hope that your Aunt gets justice for you here.

I would suggest that the most important thing to be thinking here and now about all of this, is to say within yourself; "Stuff the old bookshop cow, I've got far more important things to get on with."

Celia xx

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Take chances, make mistakes. That’s how you grow.
Mary Tyler Moore (1936-2017).
Celia Eriksson
Admin

http://thetransgendertimes.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Lesley Niyori on Wed May 30, 2018 11:42 pm

I understand what you are saying Celia.

And then there's my Aunt Stacey hehe.

She won't have any of it. Nope. She's pissed.

The woman's husband phoned her, told her it was a private business. They had the right to deny me. Aunt Stacey corrected him. He's likely watched too much US news. This is Canada Smile

Another letter to the editor has happened.

Meanwhile, Lesley is off to the side eating popcorn as they say.

Lesley Niyori

Back to top Go down

Post  jentay1367 on Thu May 31, 2018 3:02 am

What fun. Her website touts handmade Jewellry. Forget that her store is a bookstore. Forget that a bastion of literacy should know how to spell jewelry. Forget that she's letting the whole world know she's a fool. She must have been a pip.
Don't let the severely ignorant get under your skin, Lesley. Their treachery is their comfort in their own stupidity. There's simply no retort that would matter because they'd never know you'd actually bested them.  Trumpthink dot dot dot, it's everywhere. Rolling Eyes

jentay1367

Back to top Go down

Post  sophiecantdance on Thu May 31, 2018 3:52 am

Wow, well Lesley, that is categorically illegal in our country (or at least in my province, but as far as I know those protections are federal). In fact, you cannot be 'trespassing' in a business during open hours so long as you a a patron of the business, and browsing in a shop is certainly withing that definition. I am offended, and am considering the eight hour drive to go and give the owner some very deserved grief.

Sophie <3
sophiecantdance

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:01 am

Name and shame time.

Back to top Go down

Post  Lesley Niyori on Mon Jun 25, 2018 11:51 am

The place, is a converted house, to retail, on the main street in Lindsay call Tomes and Trivia. A used bookstore. Pity is it is a well-stocked store. It's not the only one though.

Lesley Niyori

Back to top Go down

Post  Tara on Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:09 pm

Well, I wrote a longer post that seems to have vanished into the ether. But in short, Karma is only a bitch if you are, and they certainly chose to behave in a negative-Karma way. Sorry you had to be on the receiving end of their ugliness.

~*~ Tara

"Believe nothing you hear, and only one half that you see." — Edgar A. Poe
Tara

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Wed Jun 27, 2018 12:49 pm

If I were you, I'd make a point of spending lots of time there without buying anything. Make sure that there are other patrons there, that your phone is charged and your video/voice recorder is at the ready.

There's nothing like a social media campaign to deliver a swift kick in the unmentionables of the unspeakable.

Back to top Go down

Post  Lesley Niyori on Wed Jun 27, 2018 2:01 pm

It's a used bookstore in a converted house.

Her customer traffic is likely less than 5 a day.

While your idea has merits, her location won't generate any results. In the time since the incident, she hasn't even been open most of the time since. It's a location where she doesn't pay rent, as she owns it, and she doesn't need the income, so her listed hours are subject to her whim.

Lesley Niyori

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:22 am

Ah, I see. In that case, one wants to avoid the Streisand effect.

Back to top Go down

Post  Angelic on Thu Jun 28, 2018 6:03 pm

Seems like you got ghosted. I wish I could get back at all the people who ghosted me.

But society says thats "clingy" or "needy" and I lose my dignity if I try to stand against the abuse. But when it comes to shops, that's perfectly socially acceptable to stand your ground, but people, as individuals, seem to have this free ticket to abuse you endlessly.
Angelic

Back to top Go down

Post  Lesley Niyori on Thu Jun 28, 2018 6:50 pm

Angelic wrote:Seems like you got ghosted. I wish I could get back at all the people who ghosted me.

But society says thats "clingy" or "needy" and I lose my dignity if I try to stand against the abuse. But when it comes to shops, that's perfectly socially acceptable to stand your ground, but people, as individuals, seem to have this free ticket to abuse you endlessly.

What precisely does 'ghosted' mean.

Where did you get the notion it was acceptable to be abused by individuals?

Here in Canada, we have laws against hate crimes and discrimination, not to mention the criminal code for acts of physical attack. I'm by no means vulnerable without recourse.

Lesley Niyori

Back to top Go down

Post  Angelic on Thu Jun 28, 2018 11:07 pm

Lesley Niyori wrote:
Angelic wrote:Seems like you got ghosted. I wish I could get back at all the people who ghosted me.

What precisely does 'ghosted' mean.

Where did you get the notion it was acceptable to be abused by individuals?

Here in Canada, we have laws against hate crimes and discrimination, not to mention the criminal code for acts of physical attack. I'm by no means vulnerable without recourse.

Ghosted is being shunned or ignored by your so-called friends.
For instance, they act like your best friend, and you are nothing but nice to them, then all of a sudden, they just slowly ignore you and never return calls. You text but they never respond. You ask why, but no reason is given. It is like talking to some robot of the future, no reason or explanation is given, You are exiled from their life.

Society seems perfectly fine and cool with that, but if someone gets exiled from a store you are encouraged to stand up for yourself. But if someone exiles you personally then you are just told to let them walk over you and be a pushover.
Angelic

Back to top Go down

Post  Lesley Niyori on Fri Jun 29, 2018 3:48 am

You miiiiiight be unaware of this Angel, but sometimes you're being ghosted/shunned/ignored/whatever terms you wish to use because they are tired of listening to the crap.

We all do it occasionally. Some of us realize it's time to shut the fuck up, and some of us don't.

If you have no friends, it's possible you might need to ask some serious soul-searching questions about that.

I've never actually met anyone with no fucking friends at all.
If you have NO friends, it's possibly YOU, not society.

Lesley Niyori

Back to top Go down

Post  Angelic on Fri Jun 29, 2018 2:18 pm

Lesley Niyori wrote:You miiiiiight be unaware of this Angel, but sometimes you're being ghosted/shunned/ignored/whatever terms you wish to use because they are tired of listening to the crap.

We all do it occasionally. Some of us realize it's time to shut the fuck up, and some of us don't.

If you have no friends, it's possible you might need to ask some serious soul-searching questions about that.

I've never actually met anyone with no fucking friends at all.
If you have NO friends, it's possibly YOU, not society.

When did I say I had no friends? Do you have no friends?

You miiiiiight be unaware of this Angel, but sometimes you're being ghosted/shunned/ignored/whatever terms you wish to use because they are tired of listening to the crap.

There is a method to my madness. I noticed a trend. The nicer I am to someone, the more likely they are to ghost me. The more abrasive I am to someone, the more they always stick around.

Everytime someone ghosts me, I am always nothing but nice to them. Meanwhile, the friends that always have time for me are the one I'm abrasive to.
Angelic

Back to top Go down

Post  Lesley Niyori on Fri Jun 29, 2018 2:39 pm

Weeeeeell you do complain a lot dear.

Can't speak for the people that stick with you that you treat poorly. It wouldn't fly with me.

You never mention people in your comments though.
Let's have some examples of these 'friends'.

I have countless friends, and even more casual acquaintances and the majority of my hometown likes me.
And it's sure not because of harsh, abusive, unacceptable behaviour.

Lesley Niyori

Back to top Go down

Post  Angelic on Fri Jun 29, 2018 5:09 pm

Lesley Niyori wrote:Weeeeeell you do complain a lot dear.

Can't speak for the people that stick with you that you treat poorly. It wouldn't fly with me.
They aint innocent. Most of em deserve what they get. You dont know what goes on behind the scenes. Most of them have either abused me first or irritated or offended me in some manner. Some make fun of me and say its a harmless joke. But I dont forgive and I dont forget. Like some of the people here, think they can make passive aggressive insults at me, and then call me bowser. But like the lord I call the philistines and sajudecees what they are. People always say bowsers the bad guy and think marios a hero. They dont even know what goes on behind the scenes, mario is a bad person who steps on luigis toes.

You never mention people in your comments though.
Let's have some examples of these 'friends'.

I have countless friends, and even more casual acquaintances and the majority of my hometown likes me.
And it's sure not because of harsh, abusive, unacceptable behaviour.
Okay, heres an example. Close friend one of my besties. We have a pleasant car ride together and they drop me off. Then the next 4 months they ghost me, ignore all calls and texts on phone and facebook. Then i start to snap and rage at them, then they block me and call me a bad person, they said "they were so busy" yet for four months i watched them spam selfies and try to get attention online. Then a year later they beg to be my friend again, after they blocked me and called me a horrible name and they even said i was worthless to them.

Another example. Meet a bitch, she is so interested in me she adds me on facebook. Then she asks how my day was. I tell her I had a bad day, didn't even go into the details, all i said was i had a bad day. Then she just ghosts me for no explanation.

It is a pattern of modern garbage. People are garbage people. It is a repetitive pattern of people who act like they are in love with me, and who I am nothing but nice to, then ghost me the next morning with no explanation. Like people have multiple personality or are werewolf or dr. jekyl, split mind psychosis. And not its not even the morning after, we dont even have sex, they just suddenly decide the next morning to be a heartless cunt with no explanation. Then they probably give each other high fives with their cunty philistine friends, while they watch shows glorifying the police state and shows that glorify shitty american materialistic jersey shore bullshit. They are fucking abominations.
Angelic

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down