The Transgender Boards
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roseanne cancelled

4 posters

Go down

Roseanne cancelled Empty Roseanne cancelled

Post  Guest Thu May 31, 2018 3:09 pm

I'm sure most have heard, and frankly it is not surprising that someone who has publicly been a racist, bigot, for as long as social media has existed would continue to be so after being given a national platform. I wonder why ABC even gave her a show in the first place, it cannot have been a surprise to them that this would happen.

What I found especially hilarious was that she made a statement that she only made the (insanely) racist tweet because she was on Ambien at the time, to which the manufacturer replied "[...] racism is not a known side effect of [our] drugs."

Back to top Go down

Roseanne cancelled Empty Re: Roseanne cancelled

Post  Lesley Niyori Thu May 31, 2018 5:08 pm

Roseanne was always Roseanne.

And those calling us 'butthurt snowflakes' have to realize, her shit wasn't ok back during the first airing of the show even while it was a major success. 20 years ago a lot of shit was 'ok' when it wasn't actually ok. But 20 years ago, we didn't have the opportunity to force society to stop with the crap.

Apparently, there are homosexuals in Roseanne's actual life. So her behaviour is just all the more unexplainable. You'd think she'd know better. Then again, family isn't always nice to all members of a family eh.

I'm glad her Trump loving shitty little show is gone. I'm glad a lot of her career has been thrown in the trash too. Get lost Roseanne.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi, I'm the forum's resident brat
I find it important to point out I am indeed the first member here Smile
Lesley Niyori
Lesley Niyori

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu May 31, 2018 6:21 pm

Her problem is that she thought that her attitude was OK in Trump's new America. She was rapidly disavowed of that notion.

But what worries me is that the cancellation feeds into the Alt right agenda that people are being censored by the liberal clique who 'control' the media. None of this is good.

Their poison is spreading so little victories like this are to be welcomed. But still it's a worry.

Back to top Go down

Post  Lesley Niyori Thu May 31, 2018 6:26 pm

To quote Roseanne

"I just wish ABC had not thrown two of the greatest actors in the world out with me"

The lesson here, realize that when being a swine, you often hurt a lot of people INCLUDING some you might have called friends.
Her big mouth has hurt more than her.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi, I'm the forum's resident brat
I find it important to point out I am indeed the first member here Smile
Lesley Niyori
Lesley Niyori

Back to top Go down

Post  MichaelaSJ Thu May 31, 2018 9:31 pm

mariehart1 wrote:But what worries me is that the cancellation feeds into the Alt-right agenda that people are being censored by the liberal clique who 'control' the media. None of this is good.
I watched “Full Frontal With Samantha Bee” (an acquired taste) last night and she referred to Ivanka Trump as a 'feckless cunt'. This kind of wordplay is what we are left with when we have no other way to express our displeasure with the actions/sayings of someone.

I have referred to Roseanne Barr and Donald Trump as pig shit. I wish, truly wish there was some other way to describe my distaste with what these two, and others who share their space, are doing to my Country - but there isn't.

I do not buy my ink by the barrel, like the 'failing' New York Times' does. So, I am stuck using gross language to express myself on the internets.

I do not apologize for my intent, but I really wish I was a better wordsmith.
MichaelaSJ
MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu May 31, 2018 10:39 pm

I think pigshit is fair. From what I've read of Ivanka she's worse than her Father and her gold digging Mother.
All over the world some deeply unpleasant people make their way into power on the crest of a populist wave of the ignorant and bigoted.
It finally happened to America.
I hope the lesson is learned. Trump is right on one thing. This is the fault of an out of touch elite. Ignore the people at your peril. History is full of examples of the consequences.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu May 31, 2018 11:12 pm

BTW Samantha Bee shouldn't have apologized for telling the truth. It happens to be that our state TV station RTE is airing the PBS Frontline programme, 'Trumps Takeover' right now as I type this. I feel sick watching it. Imagine how I'd feel if I was an American. The sickening scene at the end when the Republicans stood up one by one and sold their souls to the devil will haunt the Republican party forever.

Back to top Go down

Post  MichaelaSJ Thu May 31, 2018 11:33 pm

mariehart1 wrote:Trump is right on one thing. This is the fault of an out of touch elite. Ignore the people at your peril. History is full of examples of the consequences.
Trump is a consequence of not listening to what is happening in America and then putting up a candidate (Hilary Clinton) that is as far removed from the center (for different reasons) than Bernie Sanders.
MichaelaSJ
MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Post  jentay1367 Fri Jun 01, 2018 5:32 am

I think my wake up call came when I realized just how angry and disenfranchised and homophobic and racist America really is. Till Nov. 8th, I'd deluded myself about American Exceptionalism. I've been pretty disabused of that fantasy. Unfortunately, we find ourselves in a post literate world and I'm not sure how it might play out. I'm concerned to say the least, but I'm still hopeful.

Everything you want is on the other side of fear

jentay1367

Back to top Go down

Post  MichaelaSJ Fri Jun 01, 2018 6:07 am

jentay1367 wrote:...Unfortunately, we find ourselves in a post-literate world and I'm not sure how it might play out. I'm concerned, to say the least, but I'm still hopeful.
I was discussing a similar issue with my Wife about a year ago and I offered up that our Country will be substantially gone in less the five generations.

My Wife replied three generations and I am beginning to take her side in the dialogue.

I and my Wife are not hopeful. Sad

Those who, mostly in a reactive state, voted for Trump won't be here in one or two generations and they use that fact to shortsightedly react to what they perceive as the rapid disintegration of Our society.
MichaelaSJ
MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson Fri Jun 01, 2018 10:55 am

Hi everyone!

Michaela wrote:

I was discussing a similar issue with my Wife about a year ago and I offered up that our Country will be substantially gone in less the five generations.

My Wife replied three generations and I am beginning to take her side in the dialogue.

I think societies do hit the dregs before having a renaissance. Rome is a goodly example. It hit rock bottom with awful governance, only to bounce back decades later. Think of Caligula's rule for example. I think the US will find it's mors again one day and be a leader in democracy. 

It is also rare to find consistency through all things democratic, but it has happened. If you think how manners, for example, have changed from the fifties to today, then think how segregation was then and think of today where we the vast majority are agreed how terrible this woman's comments are.

Things change and when they align to happen at the same time, society has it's renaissance. It will come, I am sure, though I doubt it'll happen soon.

Celia xx

Celia Eriksson
Admin

https://thetransgendertimes.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  jentay1367 Sun Jun 10, 2018 5:39 am

My real concern with the Trumps and the Barr's of the world is their indifference and lack of consciousness to what is happening around them. Their existence is a manufactured one of their own making and you're expected to toe their line because they've deemed themselves as Guru's of sorts. Their perverted realities shouldn't be forced on me.

jentay1367

Back to top Go down

Post  MichaelaSJ Sun Jun 10, 2018 6:42 am

Celia Eriksson wrote:I think societies do hit the dregs before having a renaissance. Rome is a goodly example.
Rome, actually, the other principalities notably Florence, made a binary choice for their Renaissance. Get rid of the Dark Ages or not.

Current western civilization no longer has a binary choice as to the direction to head off to improve itself - we are no longer in the Dark Ages (at least I think we aren't!).

Rather than a Renaissance of sorts, we will head into a period of surviving societies headed by a strong man type organization - much like what Trump would like to see. He sees Russia, Turkey, Venezuela and North Korea as models for the strong man he wants to be - damn the 22nd Amendment.

Right now, a sizeable number of his followers (52%) would not be opposed to Trump halting elections in 2020. I am guessing here, but maybe he would try to impose some sort of marshall law to have himself declared the supreme leader.
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/onpolitics/2017/08/10/52-percent-republicans-would-support-postponing-2020-election/555769001/

"Disobedience in the eyes of any one who has read history is man's original virtue. "—Oscar Wilde.
If you don't want a man unhappy politically, don't give him two sides to a question to worry him; give him one. Better yet, give him none. Let him forget there is such a thing as war. If the Government is inefficient, top-heavy, and tax-mad, better it is all those than that people worry over it. Peace, Montag.
Fahrenheit 451
“lifelong atheist, not afraid of burning in hell,” Ron Reagan FFRF
MichaelaSJ
MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Post  jentay1367 Sun Jun 10, 2018 7:20 am

Well Miki, I can certainly see that toady little megalomaniac find some nonsensical rationale to declare martial law. As the old Chinese curse goes, "may you live in interesting times".

jentay1367

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down