The Transgender Boards
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I've been spending a lot of time on Medium lately.

4 posters

Go down

I've been spending a lot of time on Medium lately. Empty I've been spending a lot of time on Medium lately.

Post  Guest Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:49 pm

And I must say that it's a lot of fun poking the TERF wankers on there.

That said, it's not as therapeutic as it once might have been. It is nice though to see the many trans and queer voices letting themselves be heard.

Back to top Go down

I've been spending a lot of time on Medium lately. Empty Re: I've been spending a lot of time on Medium lately.

Post  Lesley Niyori Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:55 pm

Never heard of Medium. Googled it. I suspect I found it Smile

The reference to TERFS helped Smile

Ideally, I have NEVER found it rewarding to interact with knowingly intentionally hateful persons. At least on the internet. In person maybe. But social media is like military intelligence, a total oxymoron.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi, I'm the forum's resident brat
I find it important to point out I am indeed the first member here Smile
Lesley Niyori
Lesley Niyori

Back to top Go down

I've been spending a lot of time on Medium lately. Empty Re: I've been spending a lot of time on Medium lately.

Post  Celia Eriksson Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:16 pm

Well, I am more like Lesley upon the subject. I don't like to poke a stick in a Hornet's nest. TERFs are very sad people, I simply feel sorry for them, they are clearly angry and frustrated women for little reason whatsoever. I am too fun loving and enjoying life to even worry a jot about them.

But if ya get fun winding them up, then good for you Papi!

Celia Eriksson
Admin

https://thetransgendertimes.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post  Lucy Catherine Schoon Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:36 am

Firstly, I don't use the term terf because it's name calling. We have to be better then that.

That said, it's very sad that these women can't get along with 50% of the population of the planet.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Love is natural,  hate is taught.... Like a Star @ heaven
Lucy Catherine Schoon
Lucy Catherine Schoon

Back to top Go down

Post  Lesley Niyori Sun Jun 24, 2018 9:06 am

I don't have a problem with giving as good as I get.

Some use the notion, "it makes you no better than them".

That is pathetic nonsense.

I prefer to be a friend, and I will be to anyone that permits it. To me, a TERF and it's just a rapid means to describe a nasty person that was afab, is no different than a dangerous animal. I don't feel guilt or remorse being proactive in preventing snake bite or bear attacks.

That is all a TERF is to me. A danger to be dealt with efficiently and prior to them harming me.

If I had the choice to snap my fingers and every known unrepentant TERF would vapour lock immediate, damn right I'd do it. Without any thought about it.

Lesley Niyori
Lesley Niyori

Back to top Go down

Post  Lesley Niyori Sun Jun 24, 2018 2:18 pm

Vapour lock, a euphemism referring to a heart attack.

Lesley Niyori
Lesley Niyori

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:00 am

Lucy Catherine Schoon wrote:Firstly, I don't use the term terf because it's name calling.

How so? Suffice to say that I don't agree, but am willing to be schooled.

Lucy Catherine Schoon wrote:We have to be better then that.

Don't let bigots take advantage of your basic human decency by letting you think you're the bad guy.

Back to top Go down

Post  Lucy Catherine Schoon Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:15 am

Papillon wrote:
Lucy Catherine Schoon wrote:Firstly, I don't use the term terf because it's name calling.

Don't let bigots take advantage of your basic human decency by letting you think you're the bad guy.

I've been butting heads with radical feminists over on digital spy. Okay, it was the feminist that said terf was name calling..... But I digress. when they go low, we have to go high.....

Love is natural,  hate is taught.... Like a Star @ heaven
Lucy Catherine Schoon
Lucy Catherine Schoon

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson Mon Jun 25, 2018 11:23 am

I'm with Lucy there, make 'em feel like the bad misguided people that they are, rise above anyone like it. You may be surprised. I have had known people, ok not radicals but not unlike their outlook,  that finally warm to me, sometimes after quite some time. I guess if you go looking for 'em online, well ya will get wound up yourself.

Celia Eriksson
Admin

https://thetransgendertimes.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jun 25, 2018 11:48 am

Lucy Catherine Schoon wrote:
Papillon wrote:

I've been butting heads with radical feminists over on digital spy. Okay, it was the feminist that said  terf was name calling..... But I digress. when they go low, we have to go high.....

Using the acronym TERF doesn't imply you're punching down, although that is precisely what TERFs would like you to believe. It's the oldest trick in the book - sidestep the argument by accusing your interlocutor of an ad hominem (which is of course one to begin with).

They don't like it because it shames them, bigots never like being called bigots because nobody likes being the bad guy. So, to quell their dissonance they simply reverse it and turn TERF into a deconstructionist label. In that way they can avoid dealing with the underlying charge leveled at them.

Back to top Go down

Post  Lesley Niyori Mon Jun 25, 2018 11:49 am

The trick is to refuse to be where negative is.

You don't need to fret about overreacting to what isn't present.

It's not easy to avoid the negative in some places. So don't be in those places.

I'd rather be homeless in a nice small town than have a roof over my head in a big city that was full of unpleasant.

I simply won't remain anywhere that is NOT going to even offer a chance at any manner of quality of life. Yes, I'd just walk away from an entire life if need be. Friends, family, work, nothing is worth a life so miserable you even think about ending it. You're no good to anyone dead eh.

Lesley Niyori
Lesley Niyori

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jun 25, 2018 12:04 pm

We can't all hide away and expect others to engage in activism on our behalf.

Nobody said this was going to be easy, and if we don't make our voices heard, then all you will hear anywhere is the voice of normalised thought saying things you hate.

We are faaar from being drowned out by terfs, the more we show them up as hypocrites, the sooner they'll shut their faces and introspect a little.

Back to top Go down

Post  Lesley Niyori Mon Jun 25, 2018 1:30 pm

Not sure if my routine is a form of activist behaviour.

I spend all my time walking around being fairly in your face present. I have gotten an almost daily positive response to my recent news article. People DO see me out there.

Sometimes the best defence is a better campaign of positive example.

I'm not interested in winning over the TERFs (waste of time mainly), I'm interested in winning over more women to liking me than they do liking them.

Lesley Niyori
Lesley Niyori

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jun 25, 2018 2:28 pm

Lesley Niyori wrote:I'm not interested in winning over the TERFs (waste of time mainly), I'm interested in winning over more women to liking me than they do liking them.

Oi loik dat oi do.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down