World Cup!

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Re: World Cup!

Post  MichaelaSJ on Wed Jul 04, 2018 12:28 am

Celia Eriksson wrote:I once read that only 18% of Americans hold passports, so I'm not surprised.
Now, we have helicopter parents that won't let their children out of their sight.

A lot of the younger kids in my current neighborhood probably don't know where their house is from their school yard because their parents drive them two and from school everyday. They are driven everywhere.

I remember riding my bicycle 3.5 miles to the San Francisco Bay to fish when I was 8 years old. Today, a parent would have the police out looking for the kid. Sheeesh.

England bested Columbia 1 - 1 (4-3 on penalty kicks). Columbia gave up a penalty kick @ 58 minutes because of a stupid, stupid foul in the box when a Columbia player jumped on Harry Kane and drove him to the ground.

I am glad England won, but if Columbia had kept its collective head, they should have won 0-1. Oh, well.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you don't want a man unhappy politically, don't give him two sides to a question to worry him; give him one. Better yet, give him none. Let him forget there is such a thing as war. If the Government is inefficient, top-heavy, and tax-mad, better it is all those than that people worry over it. Peace, Montag.
Fahrenheit 451

MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson on Wed Jul 04, 2018 7:04 am

So now it's England v. Sweden and I have to plump for England, though if Sweden win I'll be rooting for them to win the cup!

My mysticical predictions and foresight is quite amazing, isn't it!!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Take chances, make mistakes. That’s how you grow.
Mary Tyler Moore (1936-2017).
Celia Eriksson
Admin

http://thetransgendertimes.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson on Sat Jul 07, 2018 11:53 pm

Well, Sweden are out and England won, so well done England, I think that was my preference, but I always will support any Scandinavian country too.

And Croatia beat Russia, in a very close match! Well, it looks like being a great competition whoever wins and I wish all teams well, as they are all very good and exciting forward playing teams, I think the World Cup has been a great success! Well done must be said to Russia for hosting a good tournament and there's lots to see yet!

Celia Eriksson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  MichaelaSJ on Sun Jul 08, 2018 8:42 pm

Celia Eriksson wrote:And Croatia beat Russia, in a very close match!
I am surprised the Croatian team didn't come down with Polonium poisoning just prior to the match.

If you don't want a man unhappy politically, don't give him two sides to a question to worry him; give him one. Better yet, give him none. Let him forget there is such a thing as war. If the Government is inefficient, top-heavy, and tax-mad, better it is all those than that people worry over it. Peace, Montag.
Fahrenheit 451

MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson on Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:00 am

Well, I think they Ruskies didded well anyway, coz they were not expecting much. I think whoever wins the England versus Croatia game will think they have done very well too, also if Belgium can beat France, they will also, coz France are the new favourites. 

If Croatia beat England and Belgium beat France it will be a first time ever winner and France and England have only won it once each. So whatever happens it's gonna be interesting!

Celia Eriksson
Admin

Back to top Go down

...and now for something completely different.

Post  MichaelaSJ on Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:02 am

The British Formula 1 Grand Prix was held today and while Lewis Hamilton (a Brit from Stevenage, Hertfordshire) the favourite didn't win (he came in second) the last ten laps were possibly the best racing I have seen in F1 for years.

Lewis Hamilton was knocked to the back of the grid by a 3rd turn/1st lap tap on a rear wheel by Kimi Raikkonen. Kimi was given a 10 second penalty but ultimately finish third.

Hamilton made a charge through the pack due to two Safety Car events. He got to within seconds of Sebastian Vettel who led the race from start to finish. Vettel drove amazingly well given the fact he had a neck injury causing him considerable pain - and with 5G corners and 6G braking, that is simply WOW! These guys are true athletes enduring 1 - 2 hours of being bounced around by gravity, the track and sometimes, fellow racers.

It was a great race before 340,000 Brits who showed for a perfect weather event. Congratulations England for a great Grand Prix.

Fahrenheit 451

MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson on Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:34 am

Yes, I watched the last half of it. It was an exciting race! Vettel leads the world championship by eight points.

Celia Eriksson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson on Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:54 pm

So France won and the Belgie machine has been stopped. So well done France to get to the final, where either Croatia or England will go too, we will know this time tomorrow who lines up for Sunday's showpiece. It was a pretty even game and I think Belgium were a bit unlucky TBH! France are the younger side, so Belgium could have missed their best ever chance to be World Champions....

Celia Eriksson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  MichaelaSJ on Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:09 pm

Oops, the Croats (2-1), not the Brits, continue.

Sorry, Celia Exclamation

Fahrenheit 451

MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson on Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:49 am

Oh that's ok Michaela, Croatia played very well and my super mysterious and mystical predictions are looking not bad! So France v. Croatia in the World Cup Final! My mysticness said a team with red and white check would win the world cup as long ago as June, so it will be Croatia, three goals to one!

Celia Eriksson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  MichaelaSJ on Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:30 am

At least there won't being those SUPER, SUPER ANNOYING vuvuzelas to lessen the grand event.

Fahrenheit 451

MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Post  Jehanne on Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:22 pm

I am rooting for England! I am an American mutt with Scottish blood.

Jehanne

Back to top Go down

Post  MichaelaSJ on Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:53 am

Jehanne wrote:I am rooting for England!  I am an American mutt with Scottish blood.
I am also Scot (1/2 Ayrshire) but are you rooting for England to come in third this Saturday or to win it all in 2022?

Fahrenheit 451

MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson on Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:48 am

Jehanne wrote:I am rooting for England!  I am an American mutt with Scottish blood.

Oh Jehanne, what Michaela is saying is England got beat in the semi-finals on Wednesday..... (though I believe you would be one of the very few Scots rooting for England)....  and that England play Saturday in the 3rd/4th place play-off against Belgium, 3rd. best is not bad and I'm also hoping they win!

There is a very old Scottish adage; "I root for two teams. That is Scotland and whoever is playing against England."

Celia Eriksson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jehanne on Sat Jul 14, 2018 1:27 am

Celia Eriksson wrote:

Oh Jehanne, what Michaela is saying is England got beat in the semi-finals on Wednesday..... (though I believe you would be one of the very few Scots rooting for England)....  and that England play Saturday in the 3rd/4th place play-off against Belgium, 3rd. best is not bad and I'm also hoping they win!

There is a very old Scottish adage; "I root for two teams. That is Scotland and whoever is playing against England."

Oh, sorry!  I love your Scotland quote; not to get off-topic, but are they happy with their new independence?  I guess that they saw Braveheart, and the rest was history, or so I have read...

Jehanne

Back to top Go down

Post  MichaelaSJ on Sat Jul 14, 2018 8:20 am

Jehanne wrote:Oh, sorry!  I love your Scotland quote; not to get off-topic, but are they happy with their new independence?  I guess that they saw Braveheart, and the rest was history, or so I have read...
Scotland did not approve the referendum:
A referendum on Scottish independence from the United Kingdom took place on Thursday 18 September 2014. The referendum question, which voters answered with "Yes" or "No", was "Should Scotland be an independent country?" The "No" side won, with 2,001,926 (55.3%) voting against independence and 1,617,989 (44.7%) voting in favour. The turnout of 84.6% was the highest recorded for an election or referendum in the United Kingdom since the introduction of universal suffrage.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scottish_independence_referendum,_2014

Fahrenheit 451

MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Post  Jehanne on Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:45 pm

France won!  I wonder if Donald Trump will tweet about this??

Jehanne

Back to top Go down

Post  MichaelaSJ on Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:54 pm

Weird match - an own goal; a hand ball penalty kick; and a goal scored off a goalie who couldn't clear a back pass.

All in all, congratulations to France (Le Bleu) and also to Croatia for showing up and giving a credible account for themselves.

Fahrenheit 451

MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson on Sun Jul 15, 2018 11:04 pm

Yes, well done France. I only saw the second half, but the big centre half, Pogba was owning the match and overall, I think France deserved to win the World Cup, they were the best team there.

Celia xx

Celia Eriksson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2