The value of pure science

Go down

The value of pure science

Post  MichaelaSJ on Thu Jun 21, 2018 3:20 am

I was goofing off a bit looking for an image to make for a card celebrating our 43rd wedding anniversary tomorrow and I came across this TED talks. It is about parasites that control their hosts - a seemingly useless bit of information. Maybe!

IT IS ABOUT PURE SCIENCE/PURE RESEARCH and as such you may ask of what value is it - well, watch the talk and then find the article in the news today about the US government giving psychotropic drugs to the youngsters they are incarcerating in the various internment camps MY government has set up around the MY country.

https://www.ted.com/talks/ed_yong_suicidal_wasps_zombie_roaches_and_other_tales_of_parasites

Yes, it only takes an open and curious mind to discover what a little research can do after it becomes applied science. (Think about the drugs they are giving the Latino/Latina children we are ripping from their parents arms!)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you don't want a man unhappy politically, don't give him two sides to a question to worry him; give him one. Better yet, give him none. Let him forget there is such a thing as war. If the Government is inefficient, top-heavy, and tax-mad, better it is all those than that people worry over it. Peace, Montag.
Fahrenheit 451

MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Re: The value of pure science

Post  Angelic on Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:32 pm

The mental parasite has already infected america. The ideals of wage slavery, obedience to the state, and economic servitude has infected the mind of most americans.

Pharmaceutical drugs are a cheap way to make a quick buck off of the damaged masses.
Angelic

Back to top Go down

Post  MichaelaSJ on Sat Jun 23, 2018 2:23 am

Angelic wrote:The mental parasite has already infected america. The ideals of wage slavery, obedience to the state, and economic servitude has infected the mind of most americans.
No, you are very wrong in this regards and are viewing the world from your very narrow perch.

Angelic wrote:Pharmaceutical drugs are a cheap way to make a quick buck off of the damaged masses.
This is true. The opiod crisis is a crisis mainly because of the deaths it has caused from abuse of the drugs.

I have severe arthritus in my cervical spine from years of motorcycle racing and have be taking hydrocodone for nearly 20 years. Admittedly, I am adicted to the drug, but i do not abuse the opiod that does a very good job of controlling my pain.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you don't want a man unhappy politically, don't give him two sides to a question to worry him; give him one. Better yet, give him none. Let him forget there is such a thing as war. If the Government is inefficient, top-heavy, and tax-mad, better it is all those than that people worry over it. Peace, Montag.
Fahrenheit 451

MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Post  Angelic on Sat Jun 23, 2018 1:02 pm

MichaelaSJ wrote:
Angelic wrote:The mental parasite has already infected america. The ideals of wage slavery, obedience to the state, and economic servitude has infected the mind of most americans.
No, you are very wrong in this regards and are viewing the world from your very narrow perch.

Oh? In what way are you right and I'm wrong?
Angelic

Back to top Go down

Post  MichaelaSJ on Sat Jun 23, 2018 7:09 pm

Angelic wrote:Oh? In what way are you right and I'm wrong?
You are so over the top in your hyperbolic statements as to be a laughing stock.

Sure, the parts of the herd are following the likes of Trump and his ilk, but there are many more who have a dislike in some part for what he is doing.

Be a tad more selective in your comments and you may attract a better audience.

Fahrenheit 451

MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Post  Angelic on Sat Jun 23, 2018 7:31 pm

MichaelaSJ wrote:
You are so over the top in your hyperbolic statements as to be a laughing stock.

Sure, the parts of the herd are following the likes of Trump and his ilk, but there are many more who have a dislike in some part for what he is doing.

Glad I could humor you. But I feel you are humoring me because some how you made this a Trump argument when this was really about the American slave mindset. But feel free to proclaim your propaganda that the almighty holy Democrat party will save and liberate all americans from the oppressive us government and the almighty holy and Noble democrat politicians will save americans from mental slavery.
Angelic

Back to top Go down

Post  MichaelaSJ on Sat Jun 23, 2018 7:36 pm

Angelic wrote:
MichaelaSJ wrote:

Glad I could humor you. But I feel you are humoring me because some how you made this a Trump argument when this was really about the American slave mindset. But feel free to proclaim your propaganda that the almighty holy Democrat party will save and liberate all americans from the oppressive us government and the almighty holy and Noble democrat politicians will save americans from mental slavery.
Sigh!

Fahrenheit 451

MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Post  Lesley Niyori on Sat Jun 23, 2018 10:18 pm

Just thought I'd mention, I'd gladly thrown Hillary under a bus.

I'm not known to be pro Dem when it comes to the US. I'd actually like reading in the morning that every politician in the US over the age of 30 had died in their sleep.

Hi, I'm the forum's resident brat
I find it important to point out I am indeed the first member here Smile
Lesley Niyori

Back to top Go down

Post  Angelic on Sat Jun 23, 2018 11:05 pm

Lesley Niyori wrote:Just thought I'd mention, I'd gladly thrown Hillary under a bus.

I'm not known to be pro Dem when it comes to the US. I'd actually like reading in the morning that every politician in the US over the age of 30 had died in their sleep.

same here. *hugs* Arrow
Angelic

Back to top Go down

Post  MichaelaSJ on Sun Jun 24, 2018 3:50 am

Lesley Niyori wrote:Just thought I'd mention, I'd gladly thrown Hillary under a bus.
Well, since you're a Canadian, you don't get a vote - do you!

Lesley Niyori wrote:I'm not known to be pro Dem when it comes to the US. I'd actually like reading in the morning that every politician in the US over the age of 30 had died in their sleep.
Well, you are not old enough to have grown up in the '60s, so you probably have little concept of what 'everyone older than 30' meant.

I personally cannot imagine voting for anyone who is YOUNGER than 30. Maturity of thought only comes with age and experience.

Fahrenheit 451

MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Post  Lesley Niyori on Sun Jun 24, 2018 9:15 am

I'm Canadian yes. Which is why I never got to vote in the US elections, what a shock Smile

Hmm, 1962 was in the 60's right? I distinctly remember watching the moon landing live on TV. I suspect I was growing during those years too. Granted, I was only in grade school at the time.

I LIKE the way Justin Trudeau pisses off most of my generation and older all because he's young. I can't imagine why anyone voted for Trump. Fucking stupid I suppose. But Hillary is a fucking liar too. Not much of a choice. I think that's the only reason Trump had a chance. Hillary was just too obviously a liar. No one could foresee how fucking stupid Trump could really be. He's sure been a wake-up call. I think the next US election is going to be veeeeery interesting.

Otherwise, well, if the situation ends up more of the same, I will be able to claim the US public deserves what happens to them to a point.

Hi, I'm the forum's resident brat
I find it important to point out I am indeed the first member here Smile
Lesley Niyori

Back to top Go down

Post  Angelic on Sun Jun 24, 2018 1:27 pm

MichaelaSJ wrote:
Well, you are not old enough to have grown up in the '60s, so you probably have little concept of what 'everyone older than 30' meant.

I personally cannot imagine voting for anyone who is YOUNGER than 30. Maturity of thought only comes with age and experience.

Typical fallacy I'd expect.

"Mature"? You mean a brain devoid of youth and plasticity. A brain stuck in it's ways. A brain that cannot learn. That's what you get from these old people politicians. The world is shit because nobody gives free thinkers a chance.
Angelic

Back to top Go down

Post  MichaelaSJ on Mon Jun 25, 2018 3:51 am

While Thomas Jefferson made many errors in judgement, his contributions to our newly found country were nearly without fault. Remember, he was 33 years of age when he penned the Declaration of Independence.

He, along with James Madison and other contemporaries (read adults over the age of 30) determined when drafting the Constitution that Senators need be at least 30 years of age AND the President must be at least 35 years of age.

While intelligence is something one is born with, and can be honed with age - wisdom is acquired. Reasoned wisdom is further honed by the innate intelligence of the individual weighing the bits of wisdom previously acquired - the good retained, the bad thrown on the heap of bad thoughts.

I am reminded of watching an infant elephant trying to get its long trunk under control and watching with apt amusement as the youngster flailed his trunk here and there, not be able to do anything worthwhile at that young moment in its life.

I am sure that as this infant matured, it would soon be able to pick up the tiniest of seeds with its trunk from the messiest of landscapes.

I do not want to give what I have left of my life over to some 'free thinker' willing to jump at the first thing that seems to make sense.

No, Angelic, I do not want a free thinker who is not constrained by maturity.

Fahrenheit 451

MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Post  Angelic on Mon Jun 25, 2018 11:28 pm

I am nearly 33 (age of Gbus) so make me president.

Still what you are doing is a fallacy.
Angelic

Back to top Go down

Post  MichaelaSJ on Tue Jun 26, 2018 3:33 am

Angelic wrote:I am nearly 33 (age of Gbus) so make me president.
Come back in 2+ years.

Hey, that would be 2020, a presidential general election year and you could file to run.

Fahrenheit 451

MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Post  Angelic on Tue Jun 26, 2018 3:52 am

MichaelaSJ wrote:
Angelic wrote:I am nearly 33 (age of Gbus) so make me president.
Come back in 2+ years.

Hey, that would be 2020, a presidential general election year and you could file to run.

Can't, I still wouldn't be 33. We live in archaic and dogmatic times, people cling to the rules and rules.

Other thing is, I don't have enough money to run. Only the rich or famous have a chance at running for president, and I am neither.

Angelic

Back to top Go down

Post  MichaelaSJ on Tue Jun 26, 2018 4:19 am

Angelic wrote:Other thing is, I don't have enough money to run. Only the rich or famous have a chance at running for president, and I am neither.
And yet Bernie Sanders, a man of little wealth, managed to get on the primary ballots in most, if not all of the States.

While his ideas about how to handle the economy and other thorny issues didn't make much sense to me, he was able to put together a reasoned platform - while in his seventies.

Can you say that you could even come up with one viable idea while in your youth?

Fahrenheit 451

MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Post  Angelic on Tue Jun 26, 2018 4:30 am

MichaelaSJ wrote:
Angelic wrote:Other thing is, I don't have enough money to run. Only the rich or famous have a chance at running for president, and I am neither.
And yet Bernie Sanders, a man of little wealth, managed to get on the primary ballots in most, if not all of the States.

While his ideas about how to handle the economy and other thorny issues didn't make much sense to me, he was able to put together a reasoned platform - while in his seventies.

Can you say that you could even come up with one viable idea while in your youth?

I had several viable ideas of how to make a better world. But they were all shut-down by the almighty closeminded adults.

For instance as a child I advised my mother to buy Nintendo stocks, of course high mighty as she was what would she do to listen to a wee little child such as myself.
Angelic

Back to top Go down

Post  MichaelaSJ on Tue Jun 26, 2018 7:51 am

Maybe if you had a history of making wise investments (a track record is what they call a history of making wise investments) your mother would have given your suggestion some credence - but alas, you were simply a youngster with no experience.

What if you had given your mother advice to buy Solyndra, you know that large U.S. manufacturer of solar panel that received a $535 million loan guarantee, only to file for Chapter 7 a couple of months later.

It is quite easy to read up on things past and say 'Hey, I should have bought that stock'. But you didn't, and your mother didn't and so now you are languishing in the things that coulda, shoulda, woulda - but didn't happen.

Hence, my suggestion to deal with people who have a history of mature thought and experience.

Fahrenheit 451

MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Post  Angelic on Tue Jun 26, 2018 5:58 pm

MichaelaSJ wrote:Maybe if you had a history of making wise investments (a track record is what they call a history of making wise investments) your mother would have given your suggestion some credence - but alas, you were simply a youngster with no experience.

What if you had given your mother advice to buy Solyndra, you know that large U.S. manufacturer of solar panel that received a $535 million loan guarantee, only to file for Chapter 7 a couple of months later.

It is quite easy to read up on things past and say 'Hey, I should have bought that stock'. But you didn't, and your mother didn't and so now you are languishing in the things that coulda, shoulda, woulda - but didn't happen.

Hence, my suggestion to deal with people who have a history of mature thought and experience.

All of my stock recommendations I gave to my mother she rejected. And all of my stock recommendations were good ones and would have made us rich.

This is mostly the ability to predict future scenarios based on understandings of the human race.
A child is less damaged by living and may see things from a clearer perspective than a jaded adult.

Or feel free to keep putting faith in senile old politicians who make promises they never keep.
Angelic

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down