The Transgender Boards
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fashion TV

5 posters

Go down

Fashion TV Empty Fashion TV

Post  Guest Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:29 pm

I'm watching it now, bikinis and things. It's utterly non sexual. Beautiful women in swimwear that never saw the sea
I wish I was that gorgeous.

It's beautiful.

But I'm not quite sure who the channel is aimed at. Men? No. Women? Well most women are not utterly gorgeous models.
Well me, but I'm atypical.
I wish I was worthy of of FTV.

I'm trans, FTV is just Dysphoria reminder

Back to top Go down

Fashion TV Empty Re: Fashion TV

Post  Celia Eriksson Thu Sep 13, 2018 2:18 pm

It is interesting to watch shopping channels, I prefer the shops to buy stuff, but do buy some things on amazon and that. The girls on there, well models and stars generally, I'd be very surprised if most.... no probably all of them did not use wash off body make up or fake tanning!

One well known person in particular I remember seeing sporting shorts, they looked so nice, but then she sat down and the tops of her legs were white, white, white, she had used make up on her legs and no doubt close up probably had a blemish or two. In the real world, we look at our legs and spot any blemishes and feel bad, coz we saw girls with perfect legs on TV or posters and stuff. Just saying they 'aint! So don't feel bad!!!!

On the subject, I use body make-up daily on my arms and if dolled up foundation to the neckline or cleavage of clothes. Legs if exposed, quite rare, but I always use body make up, the tans are too messy and streaks often as well as actually dyeing the skin.

Celia xx

Celia Eriksson
Admin

https://thetransgendertimes.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Lucy Catherine Schoon Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:51 pm

For that sort of thing, I enjoy watching kawaii international on NHK world.

NHK world is a global Japanese news channel, but has some cracking documentaries. Kawaii international on Fridays is a show about kawaii (the Japanese word for cute.) Fashions and life styles.

They shows some extremely cute clothes and make up tutorials.....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Love is natural,  hate is taught.... Like a Star @ heaven
Lucy Catherine Schoon
Lucy Catherine Schoon

Back to top Go down

Post  MichaelaSJ Fri Sep 14, 2018 3:34 am

mariehart1 wrote:I wish I was worthy of of FTV.
No, you don't. You would end up foolishly spending your money trying to keep up with the 'better' looking girl, and never being able to achieve what you are hoping for.

Find out who you are and concentrate on a fashion sense that pleases you, makes you feel attractive and makes you want to get out of your house and let the world know who Marie Hart is.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Disobedience in the eyes of any one who has read history is man's original virtue. "—Oscar Wilde.
If you don't want a man unhappy politically, don't give him two sides to a question to worry him; give him one. Better yet, give him none. Let him forget there is such a thing as war. If the Government is inefficient, top-heavy, and tax-mad, better it is all those than that people worry over it. Peace, Montag.
Fahrenheit 451
“lifelong atheist, not afraid of burning in hell,” Ron Reagan FFRF
MichaelaSJ
MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:58 am

MichaelaSJ wrote:
mariehart1 wrote:I wish I was worthy of of FTV.
No, you don't. You would end up foolishly spending your money trying to keep up with the 'better' looking girl, and never being able to achieve what you are hoping for.

Find out who you are and concentrate on a fashion sense that pleases you, makes you feel attractive and makes you want to get out of your house and let the world know who Marie Hart is.

Hi Miki and Marie!

Yes, spot on comment Miki! Like Miki says, don't dwell on them they are playing on women's feelings of wannabe them. Saunter out in a nice top, nice fitting jeans, (tight and flared are my thing!), a cool jacket or puffer gilet and pretty sneakers, it don't have to be swishy fashion skirts, dresses and legs, legs, legs every time! Celia xx

Celia Eriksson
Admin

https://thetransgendertimes.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Lesley Niyori Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:02 pm

Appearance isn't just a surface element.

It wasn't easy to 'find' my look in the beginning 3+years back. And my early efforts were a mixed bag.

I think my hairstyle was the main barrier I fought with.

But there is also attitude and technique.

I simply don't wear pants. As such, you can spot me from a long distance. If the person at 2 blocks distance or more away is clearly wearing pants, you won't need to wonder if it is me.

I present in a manner that seems to look the 70s and a merging of hippie according to some observers Smile

I don't wear much makeup, but I almost always have earrings on and a necklace with bracelets in the warmer seasons (I don't wear them much in the cold seasons when you can't see my wrists much if at all).

I'm told by many I look pretty. Even if you cut that by 50% to weed out the overtly generous, it's still enough times to feel good.

My fiance, on the other hand, is still at the early stages of her journey, and occasionally wanders into the NB territory. She wears pants, is waiting for her natural hair to grow to more female lengths, occasionally indulges wigs. But makeup and bling make the difference and plainly girlie purses and girlie shoes do a lot to counter a tomboyish appearance.

Still, she tends to mutter that I make it so much harder for her.

Confidence is a learned experience that can't be omitted.
And cisfemales don't escape that either.
I am routinely noticing, just from walking around, that in some cases, I'm not getting 'looks' because I'm transgender, I'm getting them because I'm simply a better looking female in comparison to what is routinely walking around the town.

That is something we transgender girls need to stop and consider eh. Sometimes they are not ogling the trannie, sometimes they are admiring the attractive woman. But, you have to be willing to admit it is possible.

If you do nothing to look better, and you make no effort to find your 'look', and you have no confidence worth mention, guess what, you likely WILL look like you think you do.

I wasn't 'attractive' my first time out. I had on the wrong hairstyle. I had the right clothes though. But, I had not built up any confidence yet. I probably looked like a guy in a dress even if I made the effort to be treated as a woman.
My first day out en femme, I was gendered correctly. It was awesome.

You won't get anything from nothing though.
If you refuse to try, expect to fail.

Hi, I'm the forum's resident brat
I find it important to point out I am indeed the first member here Smile
Lesley Niyori
Lesley Niyori

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum