The Transgender Boards
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

If you LIKE it there, don't read this (you don't need to read this)

2 posters

Go down

If you LIKE it there, don't read this (you don't need to read this) Empty If you LIKE it there, don't read this (you don't need to read this)

Post  Lesley Niyori Tue Oct 30, 2018 1:54 pm

Hey, the land IS beautiful.

But, it is becoming clearer and clearer each day, your nation might not think YOU are beautiful (well enough persons to make it potentially dangerous.

Each year, millions of people seek to leave beautiful places, because of a real threat that encouraged leaving that otherwise beautiful place.
I'm a geography nut. I've seen most of the world visually. Some of it is indeed SPECTACULAR.
It's just not 'safe' for some people.

Chances of me visiting the USA is the same as chances of my visiting Russia, Saudi Arabia, Indonesia, Brazil, most of Africa. NONE. But those places have some of the world's most beautiful scenery. Pity.

Should you, a transgender person with a native grasp of English wish to depart the US for Canada (we also speak English, although we say a few things differently eh), it's not likely you will have as much difficulty as someone from a non-English speaking country that is far away and culturally very different.

But you might be able to play the refugee card all the same.
Yes, I know, hard to picture a US citizen as a refugee in Canada.
But considering the news. Hey, we both know you've seen the news.

Here's the process. The actual process.
https://www.businessinsider.com/how-to-move-canada-2016-11?fbclid=IwAR2VgK6tKujyreBTqTPcxK8JU3wTT6cGVRjgm5q0qUwDpzNjT_amWJqhC78

You will, of course, want to skip the usual practice most refugees take and immediately head for our 10 main biggest cities. It's not needed. You speak English just fine. Your culture isn't that different. Just keep in mind, we LIKE diversity, we don't expect you to give it up.
If you're a peculiar farmer hick from Kansas, or an oddball suffer dude from California or some sort of curious oranges obsessed person from Florida or even a cattle obsessed individual from Montana, we have places for you that will look the same.

I live in Central Ontario. It looks the same as New York State. Manitoba is a lot like Montana. Saskatchewan is about the same as Kansas. There's a lot of fruits and surfing in BC and a Texan would feel at home in Alberta.

And if you pick a town 30 minutes from any of our cities. You won't notice much of a difference. Ok, the price of gas and the speed limits will look odd. All of our food is measured in metric. Our money can be identified from 1000 feet away. You won't need a gun. People will seem oddly friendly. But it will seem oddly the same. Right up to if you have an accident, or are feeling ill and need a doctor. Then you will realize, wow, I really like it here. We only have two real seasons though. Hot and muggy, or cold and prone to snowy.

And, in regards to being transgender. You do NOT need to hide quite the same as you might have had to like before. Yes, Canada DOES have some jerks. No one escapes from jerks eh. But up here, being a jerk can get a jerk into a lot of VERY serious legal trouble. I use the right bloody restroom. Our kids use the right change rooms. You WILL address me as mam if I tell you to. In general, we ain't about to cease to exist any time soon in Canada.

So like the thread title says, if you ain't coming, don't worry about it, you haven't needed this post Smile

Lesley will gladly adopt and or marry anyone that needs a helping hand eh Smile

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi, I'm the forum's resident brat
I find it important to point out I am indeed the first member here Smile
Lesley Niyori
Lesley Niyori

Back to top Go down

If you LIKE it there, don't read this (you don't need to read this) Empty Re: If you LIKE it there, don't read this (you don't need to read this)

Post  Kaibeth Tue Oct 30, 2018 5:16 pm

I'm disabled. Canada barely likes me to visit for a day-trip. They're not going to take me in.

Oh, well.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you LIKE it there, don't read this (you don't need to read this) 39208

Sugar and Spice and Puppydog Tails
Kaibeth
Kaibeth

Back to top Go down

If you LIKE it there, don't read this (you don't need to read this) Empty Re: If you LIKE it there, don't read this (you don't need to read this)

Post  Lesley Niyori Tue Oct 30, 2018 7:38 pm

I could always marry ya Smile

(Lesley isn't actually joking).

Lesley Niyori
Lesley Niyori

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaibeth Tue Oct 30, 2018 7:51 pm

Then how could my partner join me?

If you LIKE it there, don't read this (you don't need to read this) 39208

Sugar and Spice and Puppydog Tails
Kaibeth
Kaibeth

Back to top Go down

Post  Lesley Niyori Tue Oct 30, 2018 8:38 pm

Poly relationship.

Well you do realize, it wouldn't be an actual real marriage, just a paperwork dodge Smile

Lesley Niyori
Lesley Niyori

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Oct 31, 2018 1:51 pm

Well I live in Ireland and I suppose it's trans friendly as any. Not to mention gay friendly apart from the usual jerks. We have nice scenery too. I live in what's considered one of the most friendly and liberal cities in Ireland, namely Galway. So you can come here without much fear. Frankly I would be most comfortable living here as trans. Others do.

But perhaps you are a little harsh on the USA. What I love about America is that there is always somewhere everyone fits in. It's too big to generalise. Vermont is quite different to Texas and California is quite different to nearly anywhere else. But it even works at a local level in any city or country. There are parts of this city I would avoid but often they are cheek by jowl with better areas. In Dublin our capital one of the most expensive districts is Dublin 4 but right in the middle of it is an area rife in poverty and drug crime. So you can't generalise.

Back to top Go down

Post  Lesley Niyori Wed Oct 31, 2018 2:25 pm

There are indeed plenty of not Canada places out there that are moving forward socially with transgender issues and not backwards.

Lesley Niyori
Lesley Niyori

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down