The Transgender Boards
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So, you thought shutting down the site would get rid of me. It's not that easy.

5 posters

Go down

So, you thought shutting down the site would get rid of me. It's not that easy. Empty So, you thought shutting down the site would get rid of me. It's not that easy.

Post  tiffany_elizabeth Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:22 am

Gotta admit I was shocked when I went to tgboards and just saw a blank white page, which a few days later turned into a namecheap ad thing. I'll admit I wasn't the best about logging in, skipping months at a time, so I didn't know anything was up and I didn't get the link to this site.

I signed up for a few sites, but they had gatekeepers and I couldn't get past them. They claimed I wasn't "serious enough" (i.e. anything short of corrective surgery is just a crossdressing man, which they didn't want there) or they were for young people only and, at nearly 40, I was too old. On one site I even got an email from an administrator demanding a picture to prove I was actually trans. When I said I don't post pictures online or send them through email (long story, but I have a very good reason for it) they accused me of being a chaser.

So I finally settled into a subreddit for the last few months. It's a pretty good place and I'm not the type that believes you can only be a member of one community per topic, plus I can ask questions on Reddit that I always worried would get me in trouble with the community here, so now I have two places to go.

I got curious and did a search to see what happened to tgboards. That search directed me to a thread here, I recognized some of the names, and that's when I realized that it's pretty much the same community.

I had a devil of a time signing up here. It said my name was already in use. I shrugged it off, hoped whoever inherited my user name didn't inherit my reputation (it's a pretty generic name so no malicious intent ascribed), and submitted a different one. It said my email was already in use. So I kept trying to sign in with this user name and my standard password. Then I tried to do a password reset and it said the email didn't match the user name provided.

I was completely baffled. Then I started wondering... while it wasn't because of an infraction, just a personal disagreement, my last interaction with one of the moderators wasn't a good one so was I preemptively banned?

Turned out to be a very simple fix. When I was looking for a new community I took the shotgun approach. Signed up for every discussion forum that turned up in a Google search. I figured if I didn't like one I just wouldn't log back in, and eventually I'd whittle it down to one or I'd have a bunch that I juggled.

This was one of the sites I signed up for back in August, but I didn't realize it was basically the same community. I was also getting tired of wading through the gatekeepers so, despite not liking reddit at the time, I decided to get use to the layout and stick with it. Never saw the activation email until I specifically searched for it in my inbox tonight, and now you guys are stuck with me again.

tiffany_elizabeth

Back to top Go down

So, you thought shutting down the site would get rid of me. It's not that easy. Empty Re: So, you thought shutting down the site would get rid of me. It's not that easy.

Post  Lesley Niyori Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:02 pm

Glad you found us dear.

Yeah, we ain't many in number, but Celia has tried hard to make it look like the original location.
But it is indeed Celia's place.

We probably lost a lot of people for similar reasons of the individual was just too infrequent at the original location.

I too have searched the Googleverse, and I have not found much reason to go elsewhere.

We are all transgender here, and it is indeed a transgender location for transgender persons and not a site for much of anything else.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi, I'm the forum's resident brat
I find it important to point out I am indeed the first member here Smile
Lesley Niyori
Lesley Niyori

Back to top Go down

So, you thought shutting down the site would get rid of me. It's not that easy. Empty Re: So, you thought shutting down the site would get rid of me. It's not that easy.

Post  MichaelaSJ Thu Nov 15, 2018 5:13 pm

tiffany_elizabeth wrote:...and now you guys are stuck with me again.
Damn, Celia we need to re-think our admission filter. Very Happy Very Happy

GLAD YOU FOUND US - AGAIN Exclamation Exclamation

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Disobedience in the eyes of any one who has read history is man's original virtue. "—Oscar Wilde.
If you don't want a man unhappy politically, don't give him two sides to a question to worry him; give him one. Better yet, give him none. Let him forget there is such a thing as war. If the Government is inefficient, top-heavy, and tax-mad, better it is all those than that people worry over it. Peace, Montag.
Fahrenheit 451
“lifelong atheist, not afraid of burning in hell,” Ron Reagan FFRF
MichaelaSJ
MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Post  tiffany_elizabeth Thu Nov 15, 2018 5:53 pm

MichaelaSJ wrote:
tiffany_elizabeth wrote:...and now you guys are stuck with me again.
Damn, Celia we need to re-think our admission filter. Very Happy Very Happy

GLAD YOU FOUND US - AGAIN Exclamation Exclamation

Thank you. If I would have actually looked when I was signing up I would have activated my account the night I signed up. Instead I was taking the "blindly sign up, look it over after I activate" approach. It's showing my sign-up date as today (it was after midnight, but I still consider it last night since it was before sunrise), but the date on the activation e-mail was from August. Looking through the member list I'm not sure how many are members of the old site with different names and how many came from Google and recommendations, but I was hoping if the owners of the old site didn't just move it to a different domain someone would try to rebuild it.

I let the gatekeepers from the other sites I tried to sign up for goad me into settling for Reddit too soon.

tiffany_elizabeth

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:23 pm

Well, welcome Tiffany Elizabeth! I am so pleased that you joined our little community, which largely derives of members from the old Tgboards. Some of the members have changed names and others are more infrequent visitors than they were with the original website. We are, similarly to the old boards, for the most part, mature ladies of experience, from a variety of backgrounds and situation, and we are spread across the world.

Without going on too long, I'm also glad that you should have found us and I look forward very much to reading your posts. Celia xx

Celia Eriksson
Admin

https://thetransgendertimes.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Jehanne Fri Nov 16, 2018 2:18 pm

Glad you found Us! Went through the exact same scenario; even did a WhoIS DSN lookup and tried to contact the Admins of the former site, but no response.

Jehanne

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down