The Transgender Boards
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wow...a lot of anger here

3 posters

Go down

Wow...a lot of anger here Empty Wow...a lot of anger here

Post  jentay1367 Mon Nov 19, 2018 12:59 am

There seems to be a couple of posters here who have turned every viable thread into a dumpster fire. Thats kind of sad. The Mod's here are magnanimous and ingratiating. Perhaps too much? It actually makes me appreciate some of the sensorship I've experienced in other venues. If everything devolves in invective and malice, it becomes rather difficult to carry on any kind of civil discourse.

jentay1367

Back to top Go down

Wow...a lot of anger here Empty Re: Wow...a lot of anger here

Post  Lesley Niyori Mon Nov 19, 2018 5:05 am

My initial response to your post, was actually to start laughing at the comment.

But any sort of comment likely is doomed.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi, I'm the forum's resident brat
I find it important to point out I am indeed the first member here Smile
Lesley Niyori
Lesley Niyori

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:35 pm

Hi Jess!!!

Nice to hear from you! I agree there has been negative posting, other sites indeed may have banned or suspended folk and though it has yet to occur here it has come close a few times.

What I have been aiming for is more concilatory moderating through the PM system and it has worked to some degree. I have in my mind a three strikes and your out system for personal attacks, but reserve the right for immediate banning for outrageous behaviour. I have issued final warnings and a couple of conditions for continued membership due to personal attacks.

Kaibeth is my axewoman, she has my blessing to ban if anything gets ridiculous. Behind the scenes I prefer to try and smooth things out and make it clear that personal attacks are not acceptable.

I would say, overall, we are a good community and our debates are far more interesting than comparable sites, so our postings do get a little heated sometimes.

Celia xx

Celia Eriksson
Admin

https://thetransgendertimes.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  jentay1367 Mon Nov 19, 2018 4:38 pm

Hey Lady! Nice to hear your voice. I know you have a whole lot on your plate and that you're doing the best you can. Running a site like this is akin to herding cats and you have to be brave and tough to even be willing to do it, must less, pull it off. Two qualities you have in spades, of course. Hope you're well, sweetie and keep fighting the good fight! Jess

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Everything you want is on the other side of fear

jentay1367

Back to top Go down

Post  Lesley Niyori Mon Nov 19, 2018 5:22 pm

Herding cats, yeah, that's about right Smile

One of my first posts when Celia started the site, was to make it plain, nope, ain't going to ask to moderate. Nope, not interested. Too much work.

I've moderated large commercial forums in my past. Didn't like it a bit.

Hi, I'm the forum's resident brat
I find it important to point out I am indeed the first member here Smile
Lesley Niyori
Lesley Niyori

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum