The Transgender Boards
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

kudos to our neighbor to the north:

3 posters

Go down

kudos to our neighbor to the north: Empty kudos to our neighbor to the north:

Post  MichaelaSJ Mon Dec 03, 2018 6:00 pm

https://twitter.com/twitter/statuses/1068901420999499776

It is only 52 seconds, so take a chance.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Disobedience in the eyes of any one who has read history is man's original virtue. "—Oscar Wilde.
If you don't want a man unhappy politically, don't give him two sides to a question to worry him; give him one. Better yet, give him none. Let him forget there is such a thing as war. If the Government is inefficient, top-heavy, and tax-mad, better it is all those than that people worry over it. Peace, Montag.
Fahrenheit 451
“lifelong atheist, not afraid of burning in hell,” Ron Reagan FFRF
MichaelaSJ
MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

kudos to our neighbor to the north: Empty Re: kudos to our neighbor to the north:

Post  Lesley Niyori Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:43 pm

Smile

Oh well, you've had some bright Presidents in the past. You can always hope for the next one Smile

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi, I'm the forum's resident brat
I find it important to point out I am indeed the first member here Smile
Lesley Niyori
Lesley Niyori

Back to top Go down

kudos to our neighbor to the north: Empty Re: kudos to our neighbor to the north:

Post  MichaelaSJ Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:17 am

Lesley Niyori wrote:Smile

Oh well, you've had some bright Presidents in the past. You can always hope for the next one Smile
Jimmy Carter was a very intelligent guy - captained nuke submarines and I suspect he had a notion of quantum mechanics.

Clinton and Obama were both pretty smart but chose non-STEM areas of study.
"If you think you understand quantum mechanics, you don't understand quantum mechanics."

Mostly attributed to Richard Feynman

"Disobedience in the eyes of any one who has read history is man's original virtue. "—Oscar Wilde.
If you don't want a man unhappy politically, don't give him two sides to a question to worry him; give him one. Better yet, give him none. Let him forget there is such a thing as war. If the Government is inefficient, top-heavy, and tax-mad, better it is all those than that people worry over it. Peace, Montag.
Fahrenheit 451
MichaelaSJ
MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:25 am

That was funny!..... there have also been very nice US Presidents, the world just lost a very nice one. Celia xx

Celia Eriksson
Admin

https://thetransgendertimes.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  MichaelaSJ Tue Dec 04, 2018 5:47 pm

Celia Eriksson wrote:That was funny!..... there have also been very nice US Presidents, the world just lost a very nice one. Celia xx
I voted for George Herbert Walker Bush for his first time as he was a conservative with a heart and a brain and Dukakis was simply a wimp.

I could not vote for him for his second term as he was consumed by the fire of the ultra-right in his party and became an extreme supporter of the evangelical right wing in his party. I held my nose and voted for Bill Clinton, even though I knew he was a snake. I think in the end, I got the better part of the deal.

Fahrenheit 451
MichaelaSJ
MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson Wed Dec 05, 2018 6:59 am

Well, I meant nice as being a nice man more than politics, but yes he was a good President I agree. I know some will disagree, but I thought George W. is and was a quite nice character too and has quite a sense of humour. Talking of Republicans, many Brits liked Reagan, including me.

Celia Eriksson
Admin

https://thetransgendertimes.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  MichaelaSJ Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:39 am

The first president I could vote for was Richard Nixon. He turned out to be a crook but he was also a great president - in many respects. He brought China to the table, formed the EPA, expanded voting rights and other good things. But being a crook means none of that matters. See: http://listverse.com/2013/11/08/10-reasons-richard-nixon-was-secretly-an-amazing-president/

Reagan, on the other hand, was a great president who didn't do anything except drive us deeper into debt, caused the death of way too many HIV/AIDS folk because of his hatred of things gay.

He is credited with bringing the USSR down, but it was failing on it own.

Fahrenheit 451
MichaelaSJ
MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum