The Transgender Boards
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

No more children

3 posters

Go down

No more children Empty No more children

Post  MichaelaSJ Mon Dec 24, 2018 1:28 am

well, that statement is probably too something, but I think the current generation of childbearing adults is more likely to optout of having children than to have children.

I have two adult children, my Son is 51 and was married briefly a couple of years ago but has decided not to remarry or have any children. My 41 year old Daughter has decided to remain unmarried and not have children.

I recently started a course of Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation to fight my clinically severe depression. The clinic's nurse is a decade of so younger than me but very forthcoming and besides her therapeutic presence she has become a friendly counselor.

She has come from the Soviet Russia and is so, so grateful to live in California, having spent a decade in Brighton Beach, a district of New York City inhabited almost entirely by Russian emigres who have not left Russia behind.

She has a near adult son who has stated he sees no need to marry or have children. His friends share, for the most part the same view.

We, the white people of the United States are losing our influence in the Country as we are not replacing ourselves. This doesn't both me too much as I welcome the browning, and yellowing and reddening and blackening and every other coloring of our populace.

Yesterday I was shopping at one of our local malls. There was every imaginable ethnicity everywhere. I sat down briefly and next to a Sikh. I briefly started a conversation with a Sikh gentleman. Later, while taking another breather I started a conversation with a Japanese woman talking about her cute dog.

I say this because the earlier we, as white folk realize that there are other people in our world the better off we will be. We need to welcome brown people into our Country. We need to welcome Asian people into our country We need to accept the black people we brought here and to accept the native peoples that we stole their country from.

While we cannot willy-nilly accept everyone, we do not need to put up walls to keep those brown people from the south out.

If the white population does not replace itself, then the Country will start a never ending slide into mediocrity as there will be fewer people available to build things, to sell things and to be buy things.

To see my concerns in action, just look to the middle of the Country. Almost every town and small city that was somewhat thriving before WWII many have have shuttered shops, abandoned factories, empty houses. Imagine that happening Countrywide simply because we are no longer having enough babies, in general, to replace and grow our population.

We are heading towards a dismal end.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Disobedience in the eyes of any one who has read history is man's original virtue. "—Oscar Wilde.
If you don't want a man unhappy politically, don't give him two sides to a question to worry him; give him one. Better yet, give him none. Let him forget there is such a thing as war. If the Government is inefficient, top-heavy, and tax-mad, better it is all those than that people worry over it. Peace, Montag.
Fahrenheit 451
“lifelong atheist, not afraid of burning in hell,” Ron Reagan FFRF
MichaelaSJ
MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

No more children Empty Re: No more children

Post  Lenneth Mon Dec 24, 2018 3:14 am

Yes, we are, similar in many other nations, the cause is not want some try to claim, in my observations it is a incredibly destructive culture that has developed that focuses on promoting self hatred and deterring reproduction at all costs.

Where it appears to be coming from is a number of small but very vocal and well funded groups whom do not allow things like laws or ethics to interfere with what they do.

This movement infests every aspect of education systems from elementary schools to colleges, and in my own research and study's a disturbingly large number of education professionals are promoters of this...

why they are doing this I have no idea, it is the same groups whom if a Trans or IS person were to dare suggest researching a way to replace traditional SRS & HRT with genetically grown firtile reproductive systems that could be implanted to enable trans people to bear children are not only promptly shout down but begin steps to completely un-person them online and in literature.

(EG their was a ted talk I had found some time ago that spoke at length about this potential technique and has since late Nov last year vanished entirely from all mention and search results.)

This transcends political affiliations, the ones taking such actions do so regardless of any political polarizations/affiliations something else is driving this, and just an FYI if you find any well funded TERF groups, do some digging, most likely you will find they are involved.

It is proving to be quite the tangled mess to get to the bottom of for me, could use any help anyone else wants to offer in researching.
Lenneth
Lenneth

Back to top Go down

Post  jentay1367 Mon Dec 24, 2018 6:03 am

hmmmmm....the reasons the U.S. no longer experiences the post WWII boom we once enjoye, I feel extends more to Globalization and our arrogance regarding our subsequent selfishness. That has cheated every generation after, oh, let's say 1970. We can accept each other, embrace immigrants, heck, we can do it all. But until the children get an education of some value, it's all pointless. I will leave global warming and rampant pollution out of the mix.But the reality may be that rearranging the Titanic's deck chairs is most likely pointless beyond the mental masturbation that may ease our conscious minds. I'm appalled at my generations indifference, but frankly, my lack and willingness to get involved, leaves me with little room to critique. I know when I see peoole bringing children into this world today, well, I cringe a little.

Last edited by jentay1367 on Mon Dec 24, 2018 3:18 pm; edited 1 time in total

jentay1367

Back to top Go down

Post  MichaelaSJ Mon Dec 24, 2018 4:32 pm

Thank you both for your thoughtful responses.

Lenneth, I don't think self-hatred is at play here. I do think there is a generational fear of not being important the way I was as a boomer.-

I believe the current near adults have become self-absorbed out of a fear of not being in control of their lives so they get lost in the distance provided by social media and in games that they can play while not having to interact with a real world.

Jess, in one of my many sit downs Friday, I was able to sit with a woman with a 3 or 4 year old boy and a seven month old girl. Both were fidgeting as babies do, but the mother didn't appear to be stressed and this somehow gave me a little bit of hope this holiday season.

I don't cringe when I see an infant. But I do not see much of a future for these kids. Yes, globalization is at play here. I generally support globalization, but it is allowing the very few to amass unbeleivable wealth while leaving little for the masses.

We have recently elected 40 new Congresspeople, many embracing a progressive agenda. Well, Nancy Pelosi has, and not very gently, slapped down the Ocasio-Cortez's of the new bunch. I personally like Pelosi, but her time for the heavy handed muscling of the House by the Pelosi's and Ryan's is gone. I only hope that those GOP Senators who continue to ride Trump's coattails will give us both a Democratic House, Senate and POTUS.

I hope I have enough left to see this happen.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Disobedience in the eyes of any one who has read history is man's original virtue. "—Oscar Wilde.
If you don't want a man unhappy politically, don't give him two sides to a question to worry him; give him one. Better yet, give him none. Let him forget there is such a thing as war. If the Government is inefficient, top-heavy, and tax-mad, better it is all those than that people worry over it. Peace, Montag.
Fahrenheit 451
MichaelaSJ
MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Dec 25, 2018 1:37 am

Here in Ireland we're late to the immigrant thing. Let's face it we were the immigrants. But we became rich and as a liberal and free English speaking country we are attractive to people who want to make a better life for themselves and most importantly for their children.
So they came and now the small city I live in is now 20% foreign born. Ok many of them are British who don't really count as foreign. But walking the streets there's Filipinos, Brazilians, Africans, Asians, Chinese and the rest.

I like it. Many don't. But what they need to realise is that we have no God given right to isolate ourselves and think ourselves better than them.

They're just like us in a different way. They enhance our country, enrich it. Not diminish it.

There's a video doing the rounds. In it a little Syrian girl, refugee from the war living in Ireland sings a song in the Irish language. It's extraordinarily moving. The notion that she's somehow foreign and a threat to our culture falls away when you realise that most Irish people cannot speak Irish.
I remember being in the locker room in a previous job. There were two Africans there speaking animatedly in their language. Eventually one apologised for speaking their language in front of me. I said no problem at least you can speak your own language unlike most Irish people. He was taken aback by that.
I was embarrassed.

Despite what the Trumpians think the future is not solely white. The world is no longer our playground. I for one think it's a good thing.

Back to top Go down

Post  MichaelaSJ Tue Dec 25, 2018 3:13 am

My first psychologist was a Dutch nationalist and ex-soldier. A tough bastard that one - but with a heck of a lot of compassion and understanding.

I was extremely disappointed for myself, but glad for him when he mentioned he had been given a professorship at an Irish college.

Right now we have a lot of white people telling other colors to speak English. Most of the verbal assaults are aimed at Spanish speaking folk, but there are videos aimed at Arabs and Chinese and others. (I wonder how many could pass a college level remedial English A course?) I personally want everyone to speak English as this is the 'western world's' language, but...

My Daughter speaks and reads more than passable Polish and French. My Son speaks passable Spanish, Thai, Lao, Taiwanese Chinese. (In fact, he is spending the holidays with Thai friends in Bangkok!)

Fahrenheit 451
MichaelaSJ
MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum