The Transgender Boards
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hair removal product questions

5 posters

Go down

Hair removal product questions Empty Hair removal product questions

Post  xfortran Wed Dec 26, 2018 10:52 pm

I recently saw an ad for this product in a magazine (https://hair-free-hair-remover.com/);  I've tried to find reviews of it and not been able to find very many.

So, my question is, has anyone seen reviews on it or used/tried it?

I ask in part because I know different people look in different ways (I oft get different search results then my wife because we use different words and parameters)

xfortran

Back to top Go down

Hair removal product questions Empty Re: Hair removal product questions

Post  MichaelaSJ Thu Dec 27, 2018 6:47 am

xfortran - first of all welcome to the forum and here's hoping you are not trolling or trying to sell your product.

Second, laser hair removal is not very effective and typically only works on dark(er) hairs so the claim of it being just as effective as laser is not worth very much.

Third, in my experience and the experience of most other transwomen, the ONLY effective method to get rid of male facial hair is electrolysis.

Fourth, we do not appreciate unsolicited sales pitches for product (actually any product) promoting a sham product.

Fifth, if you continue to post about this product I will ban your use of the forum.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Disobedience in the eyes of any one who has read history is man's original virtue. "—Oscar Wilde.
If you don't want a man unhappy politically, don't give him two sides to a question to worry him; give him one. Better yet, give him none. Let him forget there is such a thing as war. If the Government is inefficient, top-heavy, and tax-mad, better it is all those than that people worry over it. Peace, Montag.
Fahrenheit 451
“lifelong atheist, not afraid of burning in hell,” Ron Reagan FFRF
MichaelaSJ
MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Post  xfortran Thu Dec 27, 2018 11:33 am

Well um sweet.  Thanks for the welcome.

You have successfully not answered my question (other then by omission) and um well lets say you could do with some work on the welcoming part.

I guess I didn't consider that someone might actually think I am trying to sell something when I posted about this; linking the product page seemed like the best way to say what I was asking about.  If there is a better way that I could have conveyed that information maybe you could have put that in your list too.

Like I said in the original post .. I'm looking for information.

xfortran

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Dec 27, 2018 11:48 am

Welcome to the forum. Michaela does have to be a gate guard to keep out possible trolls. Once you get past that you'll be fine.

As for the product well it seems to be the holy grail of hair removal and the website is very plausible. But it sounds to good to be true and you know what that means?

If it is then I'll be investing in it but like you I would expect positive reviews in the more mainstream media. I have my doubts I must say.

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson Thu Dec 27, 2018 4:08 pm

Hi Everyone!

Welcome xfortran! I look forward to reading your posts. And sorry, but understand that Miki does need to keep an eye out for spam, she is doing her job. So don't feel unwanted! We are a friendly bunch! Why not introduce yourself on the introductions page, we don't have to know much, in fact asking intrusive questions is banned, even a simple hello would be enough.

Anyway, yes I agree with Marie, it's probably going to do nothing. Electrolysis is good, but don't discount laser so quickly, I have had great results with laser and I also use IPL on the body. It's true that laser is not good for grey or light blonde hair, or those of dark complexion, but the results are great.

Marie has it about right. If it sounds too good to be true...… I'll bet getting 'em to give ya money back is easy.... not! But to answer your question, I have never heard of any topical cream that can permanently remove hair, only the obvious ones that remove hair above the surface temporarily, so it is most likely not advisable to purchase. If such a cream came on to the market that worked, it would be headline news and the supermarket shelves would be full of it, as more than half the world's population would be buying it.

Celia xx

Celia Eriksson
Admin

https://thetransgendertimes.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  xfortran Thu Dec 27, 2018 8:53 pm

Thank you and yes I know all about the to good to be true ... thus I am searching for answers. I would expect bad reviews or even people reporting that its a scam. I've seen both things for products that claim to regrow hair, perhaps the segment of population that doesn't want hair is to small.

I do know laser works and I've done almost all I can do with it (yay no shadow).

I did not have any real success with IPL.

I was hoping someone here had tried it or personally knew someone who had and could say it was junk, or so-so or even better a miracle in a tube.

xfortran

Back to top Go down

Post  Michi Fri Dec 28, 2018 3:48 am

Welcome! It looks like a super Nair. I don't see how it could permanent but don't know anything about it I used Nair before laser and electrolysis, which is a good combination for me.

Michi

Back to top Go down

Post  Abby Thu Jan 03, 2019 7:01 am

There is a prescription (UK) pharmaceutical cream which does prevent hair growth like what this company selling. If you read the drug trials of the chemical used then it only works in 51% of people, and total hair removal only works in less than 5%. The cost is about £80 per 3 months so two years use and you could pay for laser etc. It was invented by a razor company, and the chemicals used are expensive (I looked at making my own) so it not like it's over priced etc. Also If this cream is real and works as the website says it would sell for millions especially if it's over the counter! Lasers kinda working for me, although I have many blonde hairs left as I have very mixed hair. (Brown, blonde, red, and sadly gray and white as well!)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To those who've survived: Breath. That's it. Once more. Good. Your good. Even if you're not, you're alive. That is a victory. Jemisin

I am dyslexic, and normally use a smart phone to interact with the world. So the words written may not be the words intended to be used.
Abby
Abby

Back to top Go down

Post  MichaelaSJ Thu Jan 03, 2019 5:43 pm

I read a report, from maybe 25 years ago of a survey of men testing whether they would buy a product that would permanently stop beard growth. Less than 10% of those polled said they would.

I am guessing that if the percentage was much higher, say around 60%+ there would be a rush to find a medical solution, other than laser or electrolysis.

"Disobedience in the eyes of any one who has read history is man's original virtue. "—Oscar Wilde.
If you don't want a man unhappy politically, don't give him two sides to a question to worry him; give him one. Better yet, give him none. Let him forget there is such a thing as war. If the Government is inefficient, top-heavy, and tax-mad, better it is all those than that people worry over it. Peace, Montag.
Fahrenheit 451
MichaelaSJ
MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson Fri Jan 04, 2019 6:51 am

Yes and not forgetting Miki, along with us women, the many cis women that would like such amiracle cream for arms, legs, bikini etc., bearing in mind that our razor, dilapidatory cream and wax sections are the same size, if not bigger than the men's sections in supermarkets and chemists [pharmacies]. Such a miracle cream, if it worked, would fly off the shelves......

Celia Eriksson
Admin

https://thetransgendertimes.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  xfortran Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:19 pm

All very good points.

Thank you.

xfortran

Back to top Go down

Post  MichaelaSJ Sat Jan 19, 2019 1:07 am

This may be TMI, but I was showering yesterday and I was reminded that after stopping my testosterone production via medication (Leuprolide Acetate For Depot Suspension) I have not had to shave my legs or my underarms in over a year. I still have some very light hairs growing on my arms, but...

This is not to say that before I started to transition that I was as hairy as Robin Williams, but...

Unfortunately, I still have to shave my beard. Fortunately, for me my beard is mostly gray and when I do shave I can go a day without makeup .

Fahrenheit 451
MichaelaSJ
MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum