The Transgender Boards
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So, its me.

3 posters

Go down

So, its me. Empty So, its me.

Post  xfortran Thu Dec 27, 2018 10:25 pm

Hi its me.

I wanted a different name, but it was taken so I grabbed the next one that came to mind ... first handle I had 30ish years ago.  No I am not a spring chicken.

I try to be a realist - hope for the best and expect the worst.  I'd like to say that viewpoint has kept me from being disappointed...but it wouldn't be honest.

I try to view each day as its own. I'd like to say it keeps me positive...but it too would be a lie.

I am on a journey much like everyone else.  Some days the it is a goat trail along a cliff edge where the slightest misstep sends you to your doom; other days its wide and clear through the prairies (we won't discuss the jungle paths with spiders).

I generally don't say much because I'm to busy thinking.  Oft times on the old boards I'd go to reply to a conversation but by the time I got done thinking my reply though the conversation had moved on ... that is on me though, not the others in the conversation.

Maybe its my wordsmith of a wife rubbing off on me, trying to choose the right words to convey what I am thinking.

I tend to be an open individual; there isn't much I am not willing to discuss.  So yes I am married, have offspring.  No things aren't real wonderful on the family scene and are a constant source of stress.  No, most of those stresses are NOT related to TG  (I always get asked that).

I am not full time although I am working towards that goal.  Baby step here baby step there ... okay my therapist says some of them are big steps ... who am I to know?  Its not like I've done this before or watched anyone else.

The area I live is rather conservative and there are some staunch Trump fans here.  I don't think we really need to discuss their viewpoint other then it makes me afraid.

Anyhow that is probably more then enough about me.

Morgan

xfortran

Back to top Go down

So, its me. Empty Re: So, its me.

Post  Celia Eriksson Fri Dec 28, 2018 7:44 am

Hi Morgan!

Thanks for the intro. Pleased to have you here on the revamped lifeboat we jumped on when the plug got pulled! Look forward to seeing ya round! Celia xx

Celia Eriksson
Admin

https://thetransgendertimes.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  MichaelaSJ Fri Dec 28, 2018 5:33 pm

From the file Miki's Apology.f

program hello
print *, "Hello Morgan!"
end program hello

Sorry to have jumped on you the other day, but we sometimes see a new member whose only purpose is to promote a scheme or product that has little chance of working.

BTW, I haven't the slightest idea how to program in Fortran.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Disobedience in the eyes of any one who has read history is man's original virtue. "—Oscar Wilde.
If you don't want a man unhappy politically, don't give him two sides to a question to worry him; give him one. Better yet, give him none. Let him forget there is such a thing as war. If the Government is inefficient, top-heavy, and tax-mad, better it is all those than that people worry over it. Peace, Montag.
Fahrenheit 451
“lifelong atheist, not afraid of burning in hell,” Ron Reagan FFRF
MichaelaSJ
MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Post  xfortran Fri Dec 28, 2018 8:56 pm

Your forgiven... if I had been thinking a little differently I would have known and maybe come up with a better way...

Actually I don't know Fortran either ... It was something in my father's programming books on the shelves next to the computer.. I looked through all of his books (Pascal, C, Assembler, fractals, ect) but those I think. Actually now that I think about it I'm surprised I didn't look at them; I read every other book in the house.

xfortran

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson Sat Dec 29, 2018 1:52 am

Hi Morgan and Miki!

Well, Morgan, I did think xfortran a very strange name! I guess this has happened before, when names have been taken. It is because the entire Forumotion site ahs usernames that are already used. I think Demon wanted to use 'Angel' rather than 'Angelic', but it had gone on another board overseen by forumotion!

As for Fortran, I have never heard of it! I only got into computing quite recently, just a few years ago in fact and my am I going some now! But all this programming and stuff about computers, well ya can forget me, I 'ant a friggin' clue, I'm hopeless!!!!!

But...… I now buy all my presents and useful stuff, online. I listen to all my old favourites on the youtube channel. I am admin here, I read the papers online and look up lots of beauty tips for older women! The interynet is terrific!

I only wish this cyberverse had been around when I was a young woman! Or even earlier, in my teens to mid twenties as a young effminate gay man, as I was back then! I'd have loved it! Celia xx

Celia Eriksson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  MichaelaSJ Sat Dec 29, 2018 2:37 am

You could have made a good living if you had learned Fortran and it was the most efficient program for scientific computations.
Although a 1968 journal article by the authors of BASIC already described FORTRAN as "old-fashioned", Fortran has now been in use for several decades and there is a vast body of Fortran software in daily use throughout the scientific and engineering communities. Jay Pasachoff wrote in 1984 that "physics and astronomy students simply have to learn FORTRAN. So much exists in FORTRAN that it seems unlikely that scientists will change to Pascal, Modula-2, or whatever." In 1993, Cecil E. Leith called FORTRAN the "mother tongue of scientific computing", adding that its replacement by any other possible language "may remain a forlorn hope".
It is the primary language for some of the most intensive super-computing tasks, such as in astronomy, climate modeling, computational chemistry, computational economics, computational fluid dynamics, computational physics, data analysis, hydrological modeling, numerical linear algebra and numerical libraries (LAPACK, IMSL and NAG), optimization, satellite simulation, structural engineering, and weather prediction. Many of the floating-point benchmarks to gauge the performance of new computer processors, such as CFP2006, the floating-point component of the SPEC CPU2006 benchmarks, are written in Fortran.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fortran#Fortran_2018
It is a very valuable tool to have in your resume quiver.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Disobedience in the eyes of any one who has read history is man's original virtue. "—Oscar Wilde.
If you don't want a man unhappy politically, don't give him two sides to a question to worry him; give him one. Better yet, give him none. Let him forget there is such a thing as war. If the Government is inefficient, top-heavy, and tax-mad, better it is all those than that people worry over it. Peace, Montag.
Fahrenheit 451
“lifelong atheist, not afraid of burning in hell,” Ron Reagan FFRF
MichaelaSJ
MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson Sat Dec 29, 2018 2:31 pm

Oh, but I'm not very good at computery stuff. I can do paint and picture thingys, admin here, youtube channel, buy stuff and read the paper...… that's about it. Oh and set up this board, but Rebecca did the clever stuff to make it look like the old ones here.... I'd never heard of fortran until I read it here, I thought Morgan's name was a play on the word transgender!

Celia Eriksson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum