The Transgender Boards
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

On moon landings

4 posters

Go down

On moon landings Empty On moon landings

Post  MichaelaSJ Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:56 am

I just finished watching the movie 'Interstellar' a sci-fi movie, for the second time. It is overly long at 2h 43m but if you made it through "Dune' and watched 'Dune' again then take the time to watch 'Interstellar'; if you haven't already done so. Different plot but the same suspense of reality required in both productions. (I liked all of the Dune movies!)

Early in the plot the protagonist's daughter is chastised by a near-future school board for believing the U.S. actually landed on the Moon. The school board has decided to use a 'corrected' history textbook where it is stated that the moon landings were fabricated by the U.S. to bankrupt the Soviet Union. Sigh!

The clinician (Irina) who is monitoring my Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation sessions grew up in Kazakhstan, then under Soviet rule. She was taught that the U.S. fabricated the moon landing(s) in order to bankrupt the then Soviet Union. Hmmm, where have I heard this before.

Irina almost believes the hoax, but she is also intelligent and realizes that the many hundreds of thousands of workers both in NASA and the NASA contractors who built the Apollo spacecraft and the hundreds of journalists who followed and reported on the Apollo mission could not hold a secret about the hoax for all these 50 odd years.

Your thoughts - hoax or reality? (A little bit of upfront honesty here, if you think hoax - beware of my ability to challenge stupid thinking with my keyboard!)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Disobedience in the eyes of any one who has read history is man's original virtue. "—Oscar Wilde.
If you don't want a man unhappy politically, don't give him two sides to a question to worry him; give him one. Better yet, give him none. Let him forget there is such a thing as war. If the Government is inefficient, top-heavy, and tax-mad, better it is all those than that people worry over it. Peace, Montag.
Fahrenheit 451
“lifelong atheist, not afraid of burning in hell,” Ron Reagan FFRF
MichaelaSJ
MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

On moon landings Empty Re: On moon landings

Post  Lesley Niyori Fri Jan 04, 2019 2:01 pm

I watched the moon landings live on TV.

I don't support mindless conspiracies.

I've become a fan of Aron Ra (easy name to find on YouTube, I linked one of his videos elsewhere on site actually).

The world is also not flat.
The Bible is mindless drivel.
There is no secret society ruling everything.
We might be just people inside of an artificial reality though. But we'll never know.

I am as real as reality permits. So are you.
And when you die, it really IS over.

I have read all of the Dune books, awesome experience.
I was very upset over how they mangled the Dune movie. But I do watch it.
I thought Interstellar was very impressive. Yes, it is long.
I also think Inception makes you think. Have you seen it?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi, I'm the forum's resident brat
I find it important to point out I am indeed the first member here Smile
Lesley Niyori
Lesley Niyori

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson Sat Jan 05, 2019 1:36 pm

Hi Miki!!!

I know more than a few people over the years that have expressed doubts about the moon landings. Their reason ranges from things that could and can be swept away immediately, such as the flag not fluttering to similar backdrops and the camera position showing N.A. descending the ladder.

It has got much more sophisticated, but still each time there has not been solid evidence of any fakery. And, as you have already stated, were it one immense mock up in an Americane desert, I am sure their would be plenty of folk cashing in the dollars upon the back of it. Most certain of all is the fact that the British and Russians tracked the landing and neither dismissed the landing, nor casted the slightest doubt that it occurred.

People have some strange ideas, there are quite a lot of sane people in Iceland that still believe in Huldufólk, that is Elves, only about a quarter dismiss the Huldufólk totally as being myth. They are quite normal people, that simply have the tradition drummed into them. Should anyone enquire of the Elves existence, Icelanders laugh at you, or ask that you disprove their existence.

Another example is the many people all over the world that believe the Earth is flat. A disc with a flat disc sun and heavenly bodies transversing across a finite sky. It has been scientifically mapped, measured and explained in quite some detail! These people are not necessarily mad, they are simply gullible to conspiracy theory.

Ask them what the flat Earth sits upon and they most likely would not say "A Giant Turtle" anymore, as was the case once. Nor when asked "What does the Turtle sit upon then", reply "Turtles, all the way down!". They now reverse the boot and will ask, "What is outside your spheroid populated universe then?" as is the modern way of avoiding difficult questions. There is no arguing with them, they believe and it's the same with the moon landings, ya can't change a conspiracist theorist's mind about it. Be blown, to even bother to try!

Celia xx

Celia Eriksson
Admin

https://thetransgendertimes.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson Sat Jan 05, 2019 2:02 pm

Hi Angel,

When, between what times, was your post deleted? I don't remember seeing it at about 13:20 GMT, when I posted my reply. I have just checked and cannot find anyone capable of deleting your post logged in five hours since before my post, except me, and I did not delete, certainly not on purpose anyway. Posts have gone astray before, did you see it here?

(Oh, I have noticed that I used 'their', where I should have used 'there'...….. in the sentence about folk cashing in were it fake).

Celia xx

Celia Eriksson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  MichaelaSJ Sat Jan 05, 2019 6:22 pm

Celia Eriksson wrote:"What does the Turtle sit upon then", reply "Turtles, all the way down!".
Does present a problem in circular reasoning doesn't it.

"Disobedience in the eyes of any one who has read history is man's original virtue. "—Oscar Wilde.
If you don't want a man unhappy politically, don't give him two sides to a question to worry him; give him one. Better yet, give him none. Let him forget there is such a thing as war. If the Government is inefficient, top-heavy, and tax-mad, better it is all those than that people worry over it. Peace, Montag.
Fahrenheit 451
MichaelaSJ
MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Post  MichaelaSJ Sat Jan 05, 2019 6:27 pm

Angel, I deleted your posts and I also deleted one from Lesley that was in response to a post you sent previously.

I am tired of chasing your overly simplistic view of life and your stupid thinking on just about everything you post.

This was my thread and while i invited a contrarian view, I also expected a reasoned and reasonable retort to my question of hoax. You and your responses are simply out of bounds.

Fahrenheit 451
MichaelaSJ
MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jan 06, 2019 12:04 am

Of course the moon landings were not hoaxed, grrrr why does it have to repeated.
As for Angelic, long overdue. On my ignore list forever.

As for the flat earth idea. Seriously the convoluted reasoning involved is mind boggling. The earth is round, simples.

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post  Celia Eriksson Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:17 pm

Hi Angel,

I don't know what's gone on here and Michaela has actually said you are stupid, so I will have a quiet word. Angel, please rewrite your slant upon the events of '69 and the other moon landings upon here, just the theory, nothing about members. I did not see it and wish to at least read it.

Conversely, I ask in advance that other members respect Angel's viewpoint upon the Apollo missions. Only argue upon the subject and do not personally attack Angel, because she has a contrary view. Angel is entitled to a point of view too.

I do not understand why everything is getting so personal here, it will be the death of these boards. Argue the points, let's not.... please, get personal. And Angel, please don't get so upset, I will see fairness upon these boards!!! Celia xx

Celia Eriksson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jan 07, 2019 12:01 am

Angel is entitled to be wrong. Which she is.

I and others are entitled to point out that people who think the moon landings are fake are in fact stupid are also correct not least because the moon landings are real and not a matter of opinion or belief.
They happened. If you don't believe it you are in fact stupid.
Ergo, Angel is stupid.

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson Mon Jan 07, 2019 12:31 am

Well Marie,

I agree that those that believe that the Moon landings are fake, are wrong. But, I am not at ease to say that any particular member that has contrary views to my own, is stupid.

Quite intelligent souls believe in God, for example. I maintain that God is not real and believe that those that follow their pie in the sky are quite entitled to do so. I would not call any named person 'stupid' for their belief in their imaginary friend.

And that is my concern. She only posted a contrary view. She is entitled to her view, whatever we think. And I know, that you as an Irish woman will surely understand what I am saying, coz you are the philosphers of our kind.

Angel does make wild statements, read them closely, she only gets upset coz people do not look closely. She does get red mist because many do not understand her. Yes, she will be probably be banned again when she falls outta line, I'm sure she will coz she is different to us. I'll probably ban her, but don't jump down her throat, at least give her a chance meanwhile.

Celia xx

Celia Eriksson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson Mon Jan 07, 2019 2:03 pm

Angel,

I have thrown you many lifelines and last night I defended your right to place your opinion about a subject. I am quite right in doing that. That is assuming it was your viewpoint and nothing awful was said in it, for I did not get to read it...

I referred to my belief that you stray out of control with your comments often and most likely will do so again, I stand by that, you most probably will be banned again unless you calm down.

I have tried to help you. But you have thrown my helping hand back into my face.

Miki has made one remark, she knows that is not right. If I were to ban folk on one remark, you would have been banned long ago. Please be civil from now on, I am fed up to the hind teeth with having to make statements like this and you Angel are always involved. I am going to have zero tolerance about comments like the one you have made about everyone, for nobody is ganging up on anybody. Last chance hotel. Civil and polite, or gone. [Sent by PM to Angel also]

Celia xx

Celia Eriksson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  MichaelaSJ Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:30 pm

Enough. This thread is closed.

Fahrenheit 451
MichaelaSJ
MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum