The Transgender Boards
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Angel banned

5 posters

Go down

Angel banned Empty Angel banned

Post  Celia Eriksson Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:57 pm

Hi Everyone!

Angel has been banned from these boards by one of my moderators. I support the decision after reviewing the evidence.

Celia xx

Celia Eriksson
Admin

https://thetransgendertimes.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Angel banned Empty Re: Angel banned

Post  MichaelaSJ Tue Jan 08, 2019 1:33 am

Sad Sad We need to increase our membership, but the membership has to work within rules. Our rules are VERY broad and we tolerate a lot, given some of the other trans-related boards out there.

But, when the rules are continually violated - poof!

I would like to take a poll - how many would be willing to pay a fee, annual or otherwise, so we can get this board advertiser free and well up on SEO lists.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Disobedience in the eyes of any one who has read history is man's original virtue. "—Oscar Wilde.
If you don't want a man unhappy politically, don't give him two sides to a question to worry him; give him one. Better yet, give him none. Let him forget there is such a thing as war. If the Government is inefficient, top-heavy, and tax-mad, better it is all those than that people worry over it. Peace, Montag.
Fahrenheit 451
“lifelong atheist, not afraid of burning in hell,” Ron Reagan FFRF
MichaelaSJ
MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Post  Lesley Niyori Tue Jan 08, 2019 2:05 am

Lesley puts her money where her mouth is Smile

If an annual cash donation would help the forum achieve a higher degree of potential, I'm in for a modest sum.

I've said this before too I think.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi, I'm the forum's resident brat
I find it important to point out I am indeed the first member here Smile
Lesley Niyori
Lesley Niyori

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson Tue Jan 08, 2019 11:21 am

Me too. I looked and it is £45 a year for 'advanced'. That adds these things:

SSL certificate.

500 mo storage. We have 20 mo at the moment whatever that is!

External domain name.

Then with another £12, total £57 we can have a personal domain name too.

There is also a premium package, £60 a year:

SSL Certificate

2 go storage.

External domain name

Disabling of ads for members only or members and guests and monetization for ads if we chose too.

Removal of Forumotion copyrights.

Search for message search engine

Newsletter customization.

With an extra £12, total £72 a year, we can have a personalized domain name too.

Let me know your thoughts. Celia xx

Celia Eriksson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lesley Niyori Tue Jan 08, 2019 3:32 pm

There's like 6 of us fully active here.

I don't think the issue is the expense (well that's me saying it), I think it's mostly about what we are getting for the cash.

What does an SSL certificate even mean?
Storage is likely a perk for the site.
Domain name likely has some sort of value.
I'm running an ad blocker, I have no idea what the ads even look like.

I know the term monetized, it's big for YouTubers.

I think the target, is to have a forum, that's attached to a site that can do much more.
But as I don't know anything about web site design.
Celia, if you could just wave a wand, how much would you want the forum+whatever doing?

We could be a portal for a lot. Maybe sell merch, maybe offer some form of more involved service, something like more informed/involved written articles.

Currently, all we are is an assortment of transgender persons gathering to quietly discuss our experiences. Our 'safety' is based mainly on the fact we are danged near invisible. No one knows we are here. If we attract enough attention though.

If this community was to cost us 60 to run and then started generating more than it cost us to run, how would you want to enjoy those profits?

Me, I want the world to be better educated about us.
Just yesterday, D'arcy was interacting with a girl on Facebook, nice enough person, but she's a cis female, and she knows sweet diddly about transgender people/issues.
I'm tired of it always being YouTube videos from homophobic/transphobic intolerant bigoted fucking Christian nutcases absolutely certain their fucking Bible is 100% truth. Preaching on about family values, and their oh so loving God, who while oh so loving, is just a source of fucking hatred for me.

I want to fight back with facts.
Their book is pure crap, and I can prove it. Yes, I have the fucking means to show that.
Modern medicine can easily show there is NOTHING mental illness about any of us. Chromosomes do NOT come in just XX and XY, and every time someone mentions DNA as if they have any scientific knowledge, I want to scream.
We KNOW why some people are born transgender.

So, if I have any question, it is this.
What is it we get out of spending money on our forum community here?
Right now, it works just fine as a forum.
Right now, I might drag a few more faces to here, but here's the thing, the people we wish to attract, the young, they tend to think 'forums' are so 2005.

They want it done on a cell phone. And the last thing they want to do is type a comment exceeding 10 poorly spelled lousy grammar infused words.

Lesley Niyori
Lesley Niyori

Back to top Go down

Post  Lesley Niyori Tue Jan 08, 2019 3:33 pm

There's like 6 of us fully active here.

I don't think the issue is the expense (well that's me saying it), I think it's mostly about what we are getting for the cash.

What does an SSL certificate even mean?
Storage is likely a perk for the site.
Domain name likely has some sort of value.
I'm running an ad blocker, I have no idea what the ads even look like.

I know the term monetized, it's big for YouTubers.

I think the target, is to have a forum, that's attached to a site that can do much more.
But as I don't know anything about web site design.
Celia, if you could just wave a wand, how much would you want the forum+whatever doing?

We could be a portal for a lot. Maybe sell merch, maybe offer some form of more involved service, something like more informed/involved written articles.

Currently, all we are is an assortment of transgender persons gathering to quietly discuss our experiences. Our 'safety' is based mainly on the fact we are danged near invisible. No one knows we are here. If we attract enough attention though.

If this community was to cost us 60 to run and then started generating more than it cost us to run, how would you want to enjoy those profits?

Me, I want the world to be better educated about us.
Just yesterday, D'arcy was interacting with a girl on Facebook, nice enough person, but she's a cis female, and she knows sweet diddly about transgender people/issues.
I'm tired of it always being YouTube videos from homophobic/transphobic intolerant bigoted fucking Christian nutcases absolutely certain their fucking Bible is 100% truth. Preaching on about family values, and their oh so loving God, who while oh so loving, is just a source of fucking hatred for me.

I want to fight back with facts.
Their book is pure crap, and I can prove it. Yes, I have the fucking means to show that.
Modern medicine can easily show there is NOTHING mental illness about any of us. Chromosomes do NOT come in just XX and XY, and every time someone mentions DNA as if they have any scientific knowledge, I want to scream.
We KNOW why some people are born transgender.

So, if I have any question, it is this.
What is it we get out of spending money on our forum community here?
Right now, it works just fine as a forum.
Right now, I might drag a few more faces to here, but here's the thing, the people we wish to attract, the young, they tend to think 'forums' are so 2005.

They want it done on a cell phone. And the last thing they want to do is type a comment exceeding 10 poorly spelled lousy grammar infused words.

Lesley Niyori
Lesley Niyori

Back to top Go down

Post  Lucy Catherine Schoon Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:46 am

I do feel sorry for Angel..... But clearly she has bigger issues then being trans.

Love is natural,  hate is taught.... Like a Star @ heaven
Lucy Catherine Schoon
Lucy Catherine Schoon

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:57 pm

Lucy Catherine Schoon wrote:I do feel sorry for Angel..... But clearly she has bigger issues then being trans.
Absolutely but she's been on my ignore list for a long time quite simply because I can't afford to waste my psychic energy deciphering her utterings. It was the same with her alter ego Demon on boards.
When I did make the mistake of reading her posts it annoyed me enough to make me lose my normal mild demeanor, aided by a little alcohol.
I'm afraid I've met similar in real life. People whose self loathing is such that they cannot cope with people who refuse to play their game. So they poke and provoke until you lose it and give them what they want. Then it's 'See, everyone hates me, everyone is against me'. Their negativity is reinforced.
It's bad for them and bad for us.
I for one don't need it.

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaibeth Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:42 pm

I vote we leave her behind and build the peace we seek here.

Angel banned 39208

Sugar and Spice and Puppydog Tails
Kaibeth
Kaibeth

Back to top Go down

Post  Lesley Niyori Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:08 pm

mariehart1 wrote:
Lucy Catherine Schoon wrote:I do feel sorry for Angel..... But clearly she has bigger issues then being trans.
Absolutely but she's been on my ignore list for a long time quite simply because I can't afford to waste my psychic energy deciphering her utterings. It was the same with her alter ego Demon on boards.
When I did make the mistake of reading her posts it annoyed me enough to make me lose my normal mild demeanor, aided by a little alcohol.
I'm afraid I've met similar in real life. People whose self loathing is such that they cannot cope with people who refuse to play their game. So they poke and provoke until you lose it and give them what they want. Then it's 'See, everyone hates me, everyone is against me'. Their negativity is reinforced.
It's bad for them and bad for us.
I for one don't need it.

I do NOT feel sorry for her.
Maybe I'm just flat out blunt and honest enough to say it.
I've met people like her before.
I don't want to know them. I don't care about them.

Tried to find a way to coexist for Celia. But I measure myself if not anyone else, by the company I keep. I wasn't planning to indulge her any further.

Lesley Niyori
Lesley Niyori

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:50 pm

Yes, thanks for being patient with me Lesley, I now realise I should have banned her awful swearing rants quite some time ago. I tried to give her chances coz I do that, I always give someone a chance. Even though I did not ban her, I had a hand in it, for it was all getting too much to tell the truth, when she turned on us all... so sorry for not being as strong as I should be. I do feel sorry for her, not for being banned, but for why she can't wake up and enjoy every day or show compassion, happiness, thoughtfulness, love and peace towards others. Celia xx

Celia Eriksson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaibeth Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:42 pm

As regards Angel. I was as bad as her once. Mean and nasty and it was everyone else's fault. Confrontational and belligerent. And I got my share of bans as well.

Eventually, I found my peace, and I hope she does the same.

Her rants were one thing. Her personal attacks were another altogether.

I was given chances back when I was like that. Tried to afford her the same.

I will continue to be a "fascist troll" in order to keep peace around here.

Angel banned 39208

Sugar and Spice and Puppydog Tails
Kaibeth
Kaibeth

Back to top Go down

Post  Lesley Niyori Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:22 am

Celia Eriksson wrote:Yes, thanks for being patient with me Lesley, I now realise I should have banned her awful swearing rants quite some time ago. I tried to give her chances coz I do that, I always give someone a chance. Even though I did not ban her, I had a hand in it, for it was all getting too much to tell the truth, when she turned on us all... so sorry for not being as strong as I should be. I do feel sorry for her, not for being banned, but for why she can't wake up and enjoy every day or show compassion, happiness, thoughtfulness, love and peace towards others. Celia xx

Nah, you stay being the girl you are Celia, it's what makes you likable. Your refusal to be mean. It's a trait worth keeping. I respect that part of you.

Lesley Niyori
Lesley Niyori

Back to top Go down

Post  MichaelaSJ Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:52 am

Kaibeth wrote:I will continue to be a "fascist troll"...
Better yet, why not troll the fascists and tell them to go away!

"Disobedience in the eyes of any one who has read history is man's original virtue. "—Oscar Wilde.
If you don't want a man unhappy politically, don't give him two sides to a question to worry him; give him one. Better yet, give him none. Let him forget there is such a thing as war. If the Government is inefficient, top-heavy, and tax-mad, better it is all those than that people worry over it. Peace, Montag.
Fahrenheit 451
“lifelong atheist, not afraid of burning in hell,” Ron Reagan FFRF
MichaelaSJ
MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum