The Transgender Boards
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A sub forum for promoting transgender film/docus/testimonials

2 posters

Go down

A sub forum for promoting transgender film/docus/testimonials Empty A sub forum for promoting transgender film/docus/testimonials

Post  Lesley Niyori Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:35 am

Hey guys, I was wondering, is there any interest in a sub-forum specifically focused on video content of value to a transgender person?

A place where I could focus my efforts to post links to, or give reviews of, or at least draw attention to the details of transgender media.

There's a lot of content out there, a lot of it redundant as hell, but some of it is just plain stellar.
Not always YouTubers just blathering about nothing of consequence. I want to focus on content worth making an effort to watch.

I've seen a lot of TED talks and watched a number of films, and short duration docus. Some of it is occasionally well above the norm. But often we just see it and we wonder "Is this really worth the next 20 minutes?" Because some people are inarticulate stammering lacking in oratory skills hard to listen to persons regardless of their skills or expertise.

The give a nice example, Neil Degrasse Tyson took over the reins of narrating Cosmos.
The paaaaain!!
The man is definitely an expert. Couldn't provide a clear smooth delivery to save his hide though.
Carl Sagan, he just ain't.

I've seen a number of Transgender YouTubers.
Some I would like to listen to if I could stand listening to them at all.
Some are just so much better at speaking than is the norm for public speaking.

Sooooo any interest in us creating a sub-forum where we can highlight that which should be watched?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi, I'm the forum's resident brat
I find it important to point out I am indeed the first member here Smile
Lesley Niyori
Lesley Niyori

Back to top Go down

A sub forum for promoting transgender film/docus/testimonials Empty Re: A sub forum for promoting transgender film/docus/testimonials

Post  Celia Eriksson Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:46 am

Hi Lesley,

I am open to this. I'll have a look tonight and see if I can open one. BTW everyone, as for the structure of forums. General is busy, are any of the others obsolete, and what do you think?

Celia xx

Celia Eriksson
Admin

https://thetransgendertimes.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

A sub forum for promoting transgender film/docus/testimonials Empty Re: A sub forum for promoting transgender film/docus/testimonials

Post  Celia Eriksson Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:40 pm

Hi Everyone!!

Well, your request is granted Lesley!

So everyone, there is now a new forum focusing upon Film, Books and Documentaries. I decided that there is not a forum suitable to attach this subject and I really do not wish to clog up the busiest forum, the Genearal forum, so I have given it full status.

Celia xx

Celia Eriksson
Admin

https://thetransgendertimes.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum