The Transgender Boards
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Massive thighs after hormones...

+2
Celia Eriksson
Lucy Catherine Schoon
6 posters

Go down

Massive thighs after hormones... Empty Massive thighs after hormones...

Post  Lucy Catherine Schoon Tue May 22, 2018 8:16 pm

I have lots about my body I don't like. My shoulders, I know, I can't do anything about. Hands and feet look unlikely.

But the one area that's I've started noticing is my massive man muscle thighs. The are huge, and at one mussely. And I'd like to know does HRT do anything to bring the width down???

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Love is natural,  hate is taught.... Like a Star @ heaven
Lucy Catherine Schoon
Lucy Catherine Schoon

Back to top Go down

Massive thighs after hormones... Empty Re: Massive thighs after hormones...

Post  Celia Eriksson Tue May 22, 2018 8:39 pm

Hi Lucy!

HRT should eventually turn such muscle to fat and if anything HRT would make your thighs (and hips) plumper, not thinner, unless you diet. Do you exercise heavily to sustain muscular thighs? It's hard for me to say from my experiences, I never had any noticeable muscles ever, but I did put fat on my thighs without changing my diet much. Celia xx

*Edit: Just found this for you Lucy: http://www.trans-health.com/2001/lose-muscle-gain-fat-dieting-for-mtfs/

Celia Eriksson
Admin

https://thetransgendertimes.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Abby Thu May 24, 2018 9:17 pm

Noticed at my last pilates class I have lost so much strength since being on HRT. never been a muscle person, but feeling I may need to starts some training to keep some strength so not to weaken my core and get the horrendous back pain again at full wack. At lest my dresses hide the muffin top well!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To those who've survived: Breath. That's it. Once more. Good. Your good. Even if you're not, you're alive. That is a victory. Jemisin

I am dyslexic, and normally use a smart phone to interact with the world. So the words written may not be the words intended to be used.
Abby
Abby

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat May 26, 2018 5:28 am

I also noticed a lot of strength loss.
I used to be able to hog a 50kg bag of cement with relative ease, now it's a major effort with a wheelbarrow. Hell, last night I struggled to get a yoghurt tub open (although the fear of breaking my nails probably played a part too! Very Happy )

Back to top Go down

Post  MichaelaSJ Sat May 26, 2018 7:42 am

Be thankful you have large hips/thighs. I can only wish...…..

"Disobedience in the eyes of any one who has read history is man's original virtue. "—Oscar Wilde.
If you don't want a man unhappy politically, don't give him two sides to a question to worry him; give him one. Better yet, give him none. Let him forget there is such a thing as war. If the Government is inefficient, top-heavy, and tax-mad, better it is all those than that people worry over it. Peace, Montag.
Fahrenheit 451
“lifelong atheist, not afraid of burning in hell,” Ron Reagan FFRF
MichaelaSJ
MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat May 26, 2018 8:01 am

Yes, it does have its advantages. Just be patient, Abby, the HRT will do the rest.

Oh, and slug as many Omega Threes as you can.

Back to top Go down

Post  Lesley Niyori Sat May 26, 2018 11:17 am

In year two of hormone therapy, my body insisted on telling me, "wait, I still want that fat, I was thinking of putting it over here, you're not round and soft enough honey".

I'd lose a pound from dieting, and then the hormones would put it back on me somewhere else. Often someplace I could never seem to see.

I'm currently slooooooowly losing weight, but it sure a major chore. I have large upper legs, just a me thing. But my legs as a whole and my arms are fit and trim looking over all.

I'm unsure of the strength situation. I delivered furniture in the 80s. But that was 30 years ago. I'm thinking it's the 30 years ago more than the hormones making me less powerful.

Hi, I'm the forum's resident brat
I find it important to point out I am indeed the first member here Smile
Lesley Niyori
Lesley Niyori

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post  Lesley Niyori Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:48 pm

3 years on hormones, and while I don't feel powerful, I often catch myself lifting heavy items casually.
It's been 30 years since I delivered furniture and appliances, but, my body hasn't forgotten how to manage 'heavy'.

Odds are in a fight, with a man, and I feel genuinely in danger, it's smash to the nose and a quick twist of his neck and he's dead in 3 seconds. Being harmless and defenceless is likely an asset. It allows me to get in close without looking dangerous.

Multiple attackers and I'm just running and evading.

Lesley Niyori
Lesley Niyori

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:24 am

Hi Lesley,

Well, I'd just run..... fast. Gotta admit I'm fit for my 57 years, but I can't lift jack $*** and have never thrown a punch or scratch in anger. But I play golf, badminton and walk miles... and I can run quite fast! 

I think the greater danger for me is if I took up with a violent man. Either like I did with a boyfriend when I was young, or slept with one that turns, as some over testosteroned 'I'm not gay' men do, after the event.

Celia xx

Celia Eriksson
Admin

https://thetransgendertimes.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Lesley Niyori Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:39 am

Yeah, I've met not-really-bfs who while ok during a date, can become surprisingly dangerous under the right personality revealing conditions.

Lesley Niyori
Lesley Niyori

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post  Lesley Niyori Sat Jun 23, 2018 12:36 am

Just saying, my time in the military never prepared me for 'apprehending' and 'subdual' techniques. That's a law enforcement mindset.

I was taught to destroy and eliminate in as efficient a manner as possible.

3 seconds is about as long as you need for a single assailant.

I stopped walking with a cane (as a means to have a handy weapon present), when I realized, I was in more danger from having it than not. Because if I were to panic during an attack on me, I might accidentally kill someone with it and then likely end up in jail for the crime of killing someone who attacked me.

Lesley Niyori
Lesley Niyori

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down