The Transgender Boards
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A section to celebrate famous, or maybe soon to be transgender persons

+2
Tara
Lesley Niyori
6 posters

Go down

A section to celebrate famous, or maybe soon to be transgender persons Empty A section to celebrate famous, or maybe soon to be transgender persons

Post  Lesley Niyori Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:00 pm

As the title suggests, we need a member to make it a point to submit posts 'articles' about transgender people of significance.

It's not like we need to make them more famous, but, we need to make sure we the little people have heard of them I suppose.

Just an idea to make our little forum more 'interesting' to anyone that might encounter us here.

I'm doing videos..... is anyone interested in taking up this task/notion?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi, I'm the forum's resident brat
I find it important to point out I am indeed the first member here Smile
Lesley Niyori
Lesley Niyori

Back to top Go down

A section to celebrate famous, or maybe soon to be transgender persons Empty Re: A section to celebrate famous, or maybe soon to be transgender persons

Post  Tara Tue Jan 22, 2019 3:16 pm

Do they have to still be living?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
~*~ Tara

"Believe nothing you hear, and only one half that you see." — Edgar A. Poe
Tara
Tara

Back to top Go down

A section to celebrate famous, or maybe soon to be transgender persons Empty Re: A section to celebrate famous, or maybe soon to be transgender persons

Post  Lesley Niyori Tue Jan 22, 2019 3:28 pm

Nope, they don't even need to be transgender, although, I'd prefer they were.

Lesley Niyori
Lesley Niyori

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson Tue Jan 22, 2019 3:48 pm

Well it is a good idea Lesley and Tara. I'm sorry though, I'm useless at modern media stars and stuff like that. I don't recognise film stars and pop stars and celebrities unless they are very famous. So I'd be useless at it. But it'd be nice to have someone do that, who is clued up on that kinda stuff!

Celia xx

Celia Eriksson
Admin

https://thetransgendertimes.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Anna Mull Sat Feb 02, 2019 6:49 am

Shoutout to my girl Nicole Maines who's on Supergirl:

A section to celebrate famous, or maybe soon to be transgender persons Supergirl-dreamer-nicole-maines-1154435

I'm always down for more positive trans* representation on tv.

But more on topic, I think your idea could work.
Anna Mull
Anna Mull

Back to top Go down

Post  MichaelaSJ Sat Feb 02, 2019 7:18 am

While I believe it is noble for more 'transfolk' to be represented, I also believe that the 'transfolk' should simply fill in as real life people doing real life things and not being special as 'transfolk'.

"Disobedience in the eyes of any one who has read history is man's original virtue. "—Oscar Wilde.
If you don't want a man unhappy politically, don't give him two sides to a question to worry him; give him one. Better yet, give him none. Let him forget there is such a thing as war. If the Government is inefficient, top-heavy, and tax-mad, better it is all those than that people worry over it. Peace, Montag.
Fahrenheit 451
“lifelong atheist, not afraid of burning in hell,” Ron Reagan FFRF
MichaelaSJ
MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Post  Lesley Niyori Sat Feb 02, 2019 1:00 pm

Ideally yes Miki.

In our ideal world, none of us are worth mention really. None of us are singled out and made to feel odd. None of us need to spend too much time and effort pondering whether or not to go public.

Ideally, none of us would need to be specifically called out for roles.

I mean, they don't cast people for being left-handed. They don't cast people just because they have fibromyalgia. They don't cast people just for being atheist.

I wish my being transgender was simply that boring.

Lesley Niyori
Lesley Niyori

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson Sat Feb 02, 2019 10:16 pm

Oh Lesley must agree, I think either folk are transfixed, curious, fascinated and sensationalist about us or they hate us to the core. There again, as we have all mentioned at some point it's what we are and it just becomes everyday ordinary, from our perspective and our loved ones, friends and family's outlook too, just like being left-handed, doing real life stuff as Miki says.

Celia xx

Celia Eriksson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jehanne Sun Feb 03, 2019 2:17 am

Hi Everyone! Glad to see some old faces again!

Hey, people are starting to ignore me more and more, even though I am (still) clearly recognized as being a biological male!! Maybe things are starting to change??

Jehanne

Back to top Go down

Post  Lesley Niyori Sun Feb 03, 2019 3:48 pm

Could be a sign of 'acceptance' Jehanne.

Passing is just not possible for most of us, but much more valuable than passing is being treated as we actually wish to be treated.

Most of my town is aware I'm transgender. Most of my town treats me like a woman. As I see it, I'd rather hundreds and thousands of people treat me correctly even knowing I was transgender, than pursue an objective of not being distinguishable as other than cis female. Society is almost certainly not ready to stop reacting to us as a form of trap/deception. But plenty of society has proven to me they can behave correctly around me.

Lesley Niyori
Lesley Niyori

Back to top Go down

Post  Jehanne Sun Feb 03, 2019 4:01 pm

I can't pass, except in dark glasses and a full skirt, and even then, I have had a feel "looks" but no catcalls (unlike those occasions when I have been wearing jeans), as of yet.

Jehanne

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson Sun Feb 03, 2019 11:11 pm

Men like a nice ass in jeans Jehanne! Going back to the original idea..... I guess I would allow a section, but we have a lot of sections already Lesley and it looks like we oughta post our potential transgender stars her for now.

Celia xx

Celia Eriksson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lesley Niyori Mon Feb 04, 2019 12:03 am

Actually Celia, I'm wondering if some of our sub forums are too specific.

Relationships - Significant Others, Family, and Friends
Out and About - Share your most memorable experiences
Shopping, style and fashion - Presentation, personal style, tips, how to’s

These three could do well in one main section I think.

Out and About is more or less learning to live the life, and that often means a search for a relationship even if not a romantic one always, and I tend to be shopping when I am out, so that I can enjoy social events, which involves knowing how to present well, hence the need for advice on how to accomplish it well.

Segregating these three forums, might actually not be needed.

I could offer a new name, that being Living a Transgender Life.

The only reason to keep General Discussions apart from Politics, Philosophy, and Science -
Activism, Civil Rights, Debate, Theory, and Research is that content tends to be best kept in it's own room.
Transition to me is more or less clinical and medical.

Perhaps we can put famous people inside World support and study/research. And edit the name as I used it there just now.
It has 4 only threads, started by a certain person, that could be deleted and let the subforum handle highlighting people who actually have something to say out there in the real world.

Of course, I will probably be inserting video content of these people in the section you created for me.

Regardless, I think the 3 subforums I mentioned above, might be better as a unified spot.
Until we are coping with hundreds of members, there's a limit to the value of sections that are too quiet. I myself tend to think a lack of activity as = a place no one goes to. Not the impression we want to be showing by mistake.

Lesley Niyori
Lesley Niyori

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson Mon Feb 04, 2019 12:52 pm

Yes I agree with what you say, I shall take a close look at the entire structure tonight, for I am off shift now. I'll start with amalgamating those sections you mention. If anyone has anything to contribute on this, please do. I will take all ideas into account and that can be ongoing after tonight as well.

*Edit*!!!!!!! Hot off the press!!!!! dadadda dadada dadada da da!!!... (morse code type newsroom kinda sound!!!!), I've done it and want feedback please!!!!! Celia xx

Celia Eriksson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum