The Transgender Boards
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What happened?

3 posters

Go down

What happened? Empty What happened?

Post  MichaelaSJ Wed Feb 06, 2019 4:45 am

Apparently the President of the United States gave an annual State of the Union address to a Congressional get together in the House portion of the Capitol building.

I took a nap and didn't hear it - did you?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Disobedience in the eyes of any one who has read history is man's original virtue. "—Oscar Wilde.
If you don't want a man unhappy politically, don't give him two sides to a question to worry him; give him one. Better yet, give him none. Let him forget there is such a thing as war. If the Government is inefficient, top-heavy, and tax-mad, better it is all those than that people worry over it. Peace, Montag.
Fahrenheit 451
“lifelong atheist, not afraid of burning in hell,” Ron Reagan FFRF
MichaelaSJ
MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

What happened? Empty Re: What happened?

Post  Guest Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:02 am

I gather he told a lot of lies, expressed a lot of fanciful ideas and rambled on about his pet projects. But I ignore him like I ignore the mumbling drunk on the street. The mute button is always on standby.

Back to top Go down

Post  Lesley Niyori Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:40 pm

Likely the most worthless state of the union speech on record.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi, I'm the forum's resident brat
I find it important to point out I am indeed the first member here Smile
Lesley Niyori
Lesley Niyori

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson Wed Feb 06, 2019 2:46 pm

Hi!!!

Not watched the news much lately, it's all too depressing..... Trump, Brexit, yaada yadda yada yada. Rather immerse myself in a weepy or netflix series... I'll kinda hibernate from world affairs and wake up to a brave new world in a year or two, hopefully.

Celia Eriksson
Admin

https://thetransgendertimes.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  MichaelaSJ Wed Feb 06, 2019 5:59 pm

So, all in all he is just another prick with no wall.

A productive nap was had by not listening to this prick.

"Disobedience in the eyes of any one who has read history is man's original virtue. "—Oscar Wilde.
If you don't want a man unhappy politically, don't give him two sides to a question to worry him; give him one. Better yet, give him none. Let him forget there is such a thing as war. If the Government is inefficient, top-heavy, and tax-mad, better it is all those than that people worry over it. Peace, Montag.
Fahrenheit 451
“lifelong atheist, not afraid of burning in hell,” Ron Reagan FFRF
MichaelaSJ
MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:51 pm

Celia Eriksson wrote:Hi!!!

Not watched the news much lately, it's all too depressing..... Trump, Brexit, yaada yadda yada yada. Rather immerse myself in a weepy or netflix series... I'll kinda hibernate from world affairs and wake up to a brave new world in a year or two, hopefully.
You have a point Celia, too depressing. I'd love to hibernate. But Brexit, hmm. Like me Teresa May will be in Dublin on Friday. We have a house in Dublin well until new tenants move in.
But interestingly and away from the craziness in Westminster she'll be here to woo us Irish and frankly we're on her side. An experienced Irish TV reporter implied something tonight.
I think there'll be a development. You see the British and Irish despite differences are rather alike. We have mutual interests.

Just to explain to others out there. Brexit hard or not will change nothing about much of our relationship. A Brit can arrive in Ireland, get the vote straight away, except president and referendum. They can get free health services and sign on for social welfare payments. Join the army, police etc. Same for the Irish in Britain. That will not change because there's a separate treaty.
So Celia, if you want to come here, you'll be ahead of EU citizens.

So ignore the rhetoric. Deals will be done in smoke filled rooms, well no smoke anymore. But deals are

Watch this space.

In the end it had to come to this. I think TM unlike many British politicians, understands the problem.

A soft brexit is possible. I'm almost optimistic.

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:15 pm

I'm gonna close my eyes to it all! I'll look again in April, I really don't wanna know Well, if I had enough spare time, I would happily travel Ireland, both Dublin and very much the West coast, Mayo, Galway, Clare, Kerry and Cork staying in hotels.... it would be a hoot!!! But I just don't have a lot of time these days, can't wait to retire!!!

Celia Eriksson
Admin

https://thetransgendertimes.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum