The Transgender Boards
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Born too early...

3 posters

Go down

Born too early... Empty Born too early...

Post  Celia Eriksson Sun Feb 17, 2019 3:12 pm

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6685681/Leading-British-surgeon-calls-transgender-women-life-changing-womb-transplants.html

Waaaaaaaaaaaaah!!!!!

Born too early... Cry

Last edited by Celia Eriksson on Mon Feb 18, 2019 4:32 am; edited 1 time in total

Celia Eriksson
Admin

https://thetransgendertimes.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Born too early... Empty Re: Born too early...

Post  MichaelaSJ Sun Feb 17, 2019 7:09 pm

I am lucky: as a male and a father I have two children. One shares my DNA and one has the DNA of another man.

That is the conundrum every transwoman will face. She will never share her DNA as a woman with another child.

This being the case, rather than go through the pain, the cost, the risk of death during the surgery we should open our adoption laws to allow for transwomen to adopt unwanted infants: right out of the Nursery. Or better, adopt an unwanted kid who might end up on the street as a pre-teen or teen.

The world needs mothers AND fathers willing to raise kids. The world does not need more wombs.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Disobedience in the eyes of any one who has read history is man's original virtue. "—Oscar Wilde.
If you don't want a man unhappy politically, don't give him two sides to a question to worry him; give him one. Better yet, give him none. Let him forget there is such a thing as war. If the Government is inefficient, top-heavy, and tax-mad, better it is all those than that people worry over it. Peace, Montag.
Fahrenheit 451
“lifelong atheist, not afraid of burning in hell,” Ron Reagan FFRF
MichaelaSJ
MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Post  Lesley Niyori Mon Feb 18, 2019 3:55 am

I only speak for myself, but, I think as many transgender women as you get if you asked cisgender women, would respond with they'd rather have the baby if possible, even if the DNA was not their own.

Having a baby is a lot more than DNA. It's carrying it for 9 months, and the bond that creates, even if it started from someone else's egg.

The ONLY thing preventing me from saying "me too" is I'm 56.

The pain, not a deterrent. The cost, not a deterrent. The risk, well, really, I don't have a birth canal, it would be c section. Those don't have quite the same impact.

I'd love to adopt. I'd love to be a foster parent for transgender kids ditched by unloving cisgender parents.
I'm fortunate in a way, that my fiance is effectively giving me an additional son and a daughter when we get married.

Yeah, sure, it's kinda crazy wanting to experience a menstrual cycle's messier aspects. But I'd rather we had the other portions of what menstruating involves. Being able to get pregnant. I haven't avoided the emotional and mental aspects though.

I feel sad in a way, for all the transgender persons who are able to initiate the change over early in life, but at the cost of having their own kids. True, I wish I had been offered the option when I was 10. I'd have chosen it too. But it's still sad what it costs in the process. One of the young girls in my PFLAG community here is a beautiful young 11 year old who is on blockers, and will not have to endure being masculinized. And perhaps, she will see a world where having a baby is a choice.

I arrived too early for that myself.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi, I'm the forum's resident brat
I find it important to point out I am indeed the first member here Smile
Lesley Niyori
Lesley Niyori

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson Mon Feb 18, 2019 4:32 am

And of course..... I meant 'born too early', not 'too late'.... silly me!!!!

Celia Eriksson
Admin

https://thetransgendertimes.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum