The Transgender Boards
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

sorry got distracted, back now!

4 posters

Go down

sorry got distracted, back now! Empty sorry got distracted, back now!

Post  Abby Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:54 pm

With all the wide issues (she's 90%ok now) and just general stuff I kinda got distracted and then got a werid anxiety about checking the forum again! Yeah I have issues but I am working on it! It's been a werid week to say the least. This past Tuesday I had the misfortune to sit next to a guy who started ranting and raving about him being both a god and Jesus and that we all killed his prophet. (Apparently he had been like this for a while before I sat down.) After he was ranting for 20mins he sked me why am I reading a book on jellyfish, to which I as said "no it's about spiders" (I left out that it was about space fairing spiders) to which he then then started asking why my voice is so deep? Why do I have a "man's voice" asking again and again and again. At this point I started to fear for my own safety, some one phoned the BTP. He kept reaching for his pocket, he kept pushing about The voice. What shut him up was several of the train passengers telling him to "leave her a lone". Once we got close to Manchester I was able to get away from him as space opened up on the carriage for me to move. As I left several big guys were getting him to keep his hand on the table while they waited for the BTP to come as they were worried he had a weapon or a bomb. Don't know what happened to him in the end.
I hate public transport! But at least I pass when near crazy people as long as I keep quiet! I really need to practice the voice workshop I went to last month!
Abby xxx
Abby
Abby

Back to top Go down

sorry got distracted, back now! Empty Re: sorry got distracted, back now!

Post  MichaelaSJ Sat Mar 16, 2019 12:15 am

Abby wrote:... to sit next to a guy who started ranting and raving about him being both a god and Jesus and that we all killed his prophet.
Hmmm, something about the incongruity of his statement would have me laughing (silently, he may have a knife or worse).

I am very much in favor of mass-transit but do we really have to give up all of our personal security to save the world from itself.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Disobedience in the eyes of any one who has read history is man's original virtue. "—Oscar Wilde.
If you don't want a man unhappy politically, don't give him two sides to a question to worry him; give him one. Better yet, give him none. Let him forget there is such a thing as war. If the Government is inefficient, top-heavy, and tax-mad, better it is all those than that people worry over it. Peace, Montag.
Fahrenheit 451
“lifelong atheist, not afraid of burning in hell,” Ron Reagan FFRF
MichaelaSJ
MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Post  Lesley Niyori Sat Mar 16, 2019 1:24 am

You live an interesting life dear Smile

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi, I'm the forum's resident brat
I find it important to point out I am indeed the first member here Smile
Lesley Niyori
Lesley Niyori

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson Sat Mar 16, 2019 4:39 pm

Hi Abby!!

Should have told him to mind his own business!!! Don't ride the trains much tbh, but they are better than buses, at least ya can get up and move further away!

Can't remember the last time I got on a bus, probably was in the 20th century!!!!! Do get on trains occasionally, but I drive everywhere! I simply can't stand buses, especially when they are full and some unwashed person decides to sit next to ya! Oh, no, no, no,.... buses are definitely a no for me and trains only if I really have to!

Space fairing spiders???? The mind is wondering about that, I guess it's some well known book, but I'm useless on stuff like that! And spiders...…. yeek!!!!

Celia xx

Celia Eriksson
Admin

https://thetransgendertimes.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  MichaelaSJ Sat Mar 16, 2019 6:57 pm

Celia Eriksson wrote:Don't ride the trains much tbh, but they are better than buses,
I love trains. When I was 5 or so, my mother took me on a train from San Francisco to Los Angeles to visit one of my aunts. I remember the train stopped somewhere along the way (in the coastal range, I think) and I almost jumped from the car to walk around. I didn't only because I didn't think I could climb back up. (Talk about walking around.)

I went to Navy Boot Camp over the 1963 Christmas break in San Diego, CA. I rode a Greyhound bus from The Bay Area almost all the way sitting next to a gentleman who smoked rum soaked cigarillos, incessantly. The bus was packed and I couldn't trade seats.

I once took a San Francisco Muni bus to the train station in the early '70s. I had an aisle seat when a huge black guy got on and stood in the aisle next to my seat. His sports coat flap had caught on revealing his holstered .45 semi-automatic pistol - right at my eye level - and for the next 10 or so blocks I had a lot of ideas racing through my mind - cop or robber, cop or robber, stay quiet, stay quiet, don't look up at him, don't look up at him. Fortunately, he got off before I did.

"Disobedience in the eyes of any one who has read history is man's original virtue. "—Oscar Wilde.
If you don't want a man unhappy politically, don't give him two sides to a question to worry him; give him one. Better yet, give him none. Let him forget there is such a thing as war. If the Government is inefficient, top-heavy, and tax-mad, better it is all those than that people worry over it. Peace, Montag.
Fahrenheit 451
MichaelaSJ
MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Post  Abby Mon Mar 18, 2019 7:08 am

Sounds intense situation. When ever I am in the USA it takes a few days to adjust to the feeling that anyone could be armed at any moment.

To those who've survived: Breath. That's it. Once more. Good. Your good. Even if you're not, you're alive. That is a victory. Jemisin

I am dyslexic, and normally use a smart phone to interact with the world. So the words written may not be the words intended to be used.
Abby
Abby

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Mar 20, 2019 12:17 am

What I like about the situation is that several 'big men' took charge of the issue and made sure he was controlled. Gives me some hope. Let's face it we rely on the big guys the real men to look after us.

I love real men eve if they're not sure of me.

Back to top Go down

Post  MichaelaSJ Wed Mar 20, 2019 4:37 am

A lingering piece of Michael that I once saw as a misplaced plus could end up costing me my life in the future.

I never shied away from a fight, especially against a bully. About 5 or 6 years ago, I went toe-to-toe with an off-duty cop after his pre-teen son tossed an orange at my home office window. It got extremely loud and only stopped when a neighbor intervened. No punches were thrown, but only because the off-duty cop probably didn't want to lose his badge. I remember him flashing his badge at me as he drove away while his son was flipping me off. Sigh!

I can only imagine being confronted by a mouthy bigot in some mall and not having an easy exit to simply back away.
"News at 11:00 - 72-year-old Transwoman beats the shit out of loud-mouthed punk - gets arrested for disturbing the police".

Fahrenheit 451
MichaelaSJ
MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Post  Abby Wed Mar 20, 2019 7:10 am

Yep the press would have a field day with that one!

To those who've survived: Breath. That's it. Once more. Good. Your good. Even if you're not, you're alive. That is a victory. Jemisin

I am dyslexic, and normally use a smart phone to interact with the world. So the words written may not be the words intended to be used.
Abby
Abby

Back to top Go down

Post  Lesley Niyori Wed Mar 20, 2019 12:14 pm

I discontinued walking with my cane, partly as it made me look old, and my cane of choice ruins my outfit, but mostly as I came to realize, A. didn't really feel scared anymore about being publicly transgender, but B. there ARE bad apples out there, and if life ever actually DID put me in danger from an assailant, I'd likely 'accidentally' kill him with my cane (it's made from a hickory sledgehammer handle).

Hi, I'm the forum's resident brat
I find it important to point out I am indeed the first member here Smile
Lesley Niyori
Lesley Niyori

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum