The Transgender Boards
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Something dear to my heart

2 posters

Go down

Something dear to my heart Empty Something dear to my heart

Post  MichaelaSJ Sun Apr 07, 2019 6:26 pm

Suspected Poacher Killed By Elephant, Remains Eaten By Lions In South Africa
Only the man’s skull and pants were recovered by rangers in Kruger National Park
A suspected poacher was killed by an elephant and his remains were then eaten by a pride of lions in a South African national park, officials said on Friday.
The number of elephants and rhinoceros being poached has reached critical levels:
The number of elephants killed was slightly down from the 22,000 elephants killed in 2012 and the 25,000 poached in 2011. At the end of 2013, there were an estimated 500,000 African elephants living in the world. 95 percent of the elephant population has been killed during the last 100 years. The ivory is collected from elephants in Africa and sold in markets in Asia.
The most recent thorough and comprehensive studies and census estimates suggest that there are estimated to be roughly 20,700 southern white rhino and 4,885 black rhino in Africa, including their subspecies, but as of 2018 the actual number is likely much fewer. South Africa’s Kruger National Park is home to 7,000-8,300 rhino as of 2016. The northern white rhino subspecies has been reduced to just two living in East Africa. The three species of rhino in Asia are also threatened by the demand for rhino horn as a symbol of wealth or to be used as part of traditional oriental medicines. As of the end of 2017, there is an estimated 3,333 greater one-horned rhino (Indian rhino), and at least 67 of the Javan species, and as few as 30 rhinos of the Sumatran species left in the wild.
The poachers will be there own hand kill off the remainder of these elegant animals so that Asian can import their ivory and the Middle Eastern royalty can have a carved knife handle made from the horn of a rhinoceros.

We are slowly killing off the world that supports us.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Disobedience in the eyes of any one who has read history is man's original virtue. "—Oscar Wilde.
If you don't want a man unhappy politically, don't give him two sides to a question to worry him; give him one. Better yet, give him none. Let him forget there is such a thing as war. If the Government is inefficient, top-heavy, and tax-mad, better it is all those than that people worry over it. Peace, Montag.
Fahrenheit 451
“lifelong atheist, not afraid of burning in hell,” Ron Reagan FFRF
MichaelaSJ
MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Something dear to my heart Empty Re: Something dear to my heart

Post  Celia Eriksson Sun Apr 07, 2019 10:47 pm

I love Elephant, they are the gentle giants of the natural world and it is so sad that man still wants ivory when there are many, many substitutes that have been created. A subject dear to my heart too, dear Miki.

Celia Eriksson
Admin

https://thetransgendertimes.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down