The Transgender Boards
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Masters!!!

2 posters

Go down

The Masters!!! Empty The Masters!!!

Post  Celia Eriksson Sun Apr 14, 2019 3:48 pm

So, coz of my shifts, Mother and that I've not really had time to watch the Masters and I have housework to do, having a quick coffee break! I'm watching the Masters excitedly on and off coz I play golf and like the Masters bestest of all. I cheer lots when they get a birdy or an eagle and that!!!

My favourite for this one is Tiger, oh, he just missed a putt! But I hope he wins, though I wish them all luck! Come on Tiger!!!!! Back to my chores!!!!

Celia Eriksson
Admin

https://thetransgendertimes.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

The Masters!!! Empty Re: The Masters!!!

Post  MichaelaSJ Sun Apr 14, 2019 5:14 pm

I am typing as Molinari (13)/Woods (11)/Finau (10) are just leaving the 10th. Woods and Finau have just bogeyed.

I think Woods might do it, but the Masters is Molinari's to lose.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Disobedience in the eyes of any one who has read history is man's original virtue. "—Oscar Wilde.
If you don't want a man unhappy politically, don't give him two sides to a question to worry him; give him one. Better yet, give him none. Let him forget there is such a thing as war. If the Government is inefficient, top-heavy, and tax-mad, better it is all those than that people worry over it. Peace, Montag.
Fahrenheit 451
“lifelong atheist, not afraid of burning in hell,” Ron Reagan FFRF
MichaelaSJ
MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:36 pm

And he did lose it, Tiger won!!!!! I cried so much!!!! Hooray for Tiger, his 5th Masters, only Jack N has won more! What a nail biter, though I don't bite my nails...… when he laid up short on the 18th. How cool was that, to give himself two puts on the green!!!! Even that little 2 footer at the end was not a given!!!!

Hooray!!!! I said, HOORAY!!!!!

Celia Eriksson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  MichaelaSJ Sun Apr 14, 2019 11:49 pm

Tiger won, he didn't put 1 or two balls into the water. Good for him as a golfer.

I will never have a drink with him or invite him to my house. He is a philanderer and destroyed a marriage because he couldn't keep it in his pants.

But like Barry Bonds, he is the best athlete at his sport.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Disobedience in the eyes of any one who has read history is man's original virtue. "—Oscar Wilde.
If you don't want a man unhappy politically, don't give him two sides to a question to worry him; give him one. Better yet, give him none. Let him forget there is such a thing as war. If the Government is inefficient, top-heavy, and tax-mad, better it is all those than that people worry over it. Peace, Montag.
Fahrenheit 451
MichaelaSJ
MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson Sun Apr 21, 2019 6:45 pm

Played today after seeing Mother as it was quite a beautiful day! There was hardly anybody there, which I thought 'great'! for me during the holidays. I took 100 balls on the range first and was hitting 99% of them really well, went right through my bag except the hybrid, which I may well dispense of as being not my cup of tea.... my 9 & 11 woods were simply sublime and I was hitting them 140 with no tee with ease. Advance one coffee in the clubhouse later and a nice chat with the steward, who is very nice and is a little more than curious with me somehow, and on to the course. Now with nobody around I thought 'terrific! I'll play brilliantly'.... and then had the worse round of golf for many years... lost balls, pitch and chip hacks, slices, overhitting, did not even putt well. My one goodish shot, about 150 from the fairway at the last that goes close to the clubhouse went a little too far over the green and ran on to the path about 10 yards behind and a woman walking past picked it up!!!! I whistled and waved and she even looked at me and carried on walking to her car!!! Oh dear!

Celia xx

Celia Eriksson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  MichaelaSJ Sun Apr 21, 2019 9:43 pm

I am glad you had fun.

The best game I ever had was on an executive course in Phoenix, AZ where I played by myself. I hit the ball within the leather on three par 3 holes and drove my 3 fairway to the green on a downhill 350 yard par four. I shot a 78 on a par 65 course.

I have only shot in the 80s in regulation courses a couple of times.

Fahrenheit 451
MichaelaSJ
MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson Sun Apr 21, 2019 11:44 pm

Hi Miki!!!

To get in the 70's is fantastic! And a 350 green, wow! 80's is an amazing result for me on any course and I have only done that a couple of times ever, usually 90's 100's, as I will take four to reach any green 500yds and more with accuracy, I think I've told you that I can't hit far. At my best I hit the ball straight again and again and my short game is usually very good, it's why I like tricky par 3's or the shorter courses with only a couple of par 5s, or better still none!. This is why I love Moore Place in Esher, it is very short overall and has lots of trees and undulations and thin fairways that suit my game, though I played a longer course at Sandown today. I like the Esher and Weybridge courses, though I live in Walton-on-Thames. The Weybridge one I like is Silvermere, but it has some real longies.

As you will see, Moore Place is quite beautiful and those fairways look quite wide on the site in the background, oh they are not so fat! The fees are very good too! It is a challenge, if I play there like I played today, I would lose twice as many balls! Look at the distances, yes, my kinda course! Must get my game back into shape first, coz it's very popular, no lone playing there!!! https://www.mooreplacegolf.co.uk/course/

And it's history..... https://www.mooreplacegolf.co.uk/club/

Celia xx

Celia Eriksson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  MichaelaSJ Mon Apr 22, 2019 12:24 am

I used to play with my Father in Law when I was in my late 40s/early 50s and he in his late 70s. I could always outdrive him by more than fifty yards. But while I could hit 275+ I might be in the next fairway where he would always be on in three-putting for a par. I felt fortunate to be on in four.

Fahrenheit 451
MichaelaSJ
MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson Mon Apr 22, 2019 2:38 pm

275 yards is quite amazing! I knew you could coz you mentioned it before Miki, I wish I could hit it further, but I do love playing and hitting it straight as your Father did is key for me. My waywards are few but they tend to go right, I'm best with irons on approaches, though I like to think I'm quite a whizz with my 9 and 11 woods that I use on the fairway and often off the tee too!

Celia xx

Celia Eriksson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Apr 23, 2019 4:02 pm

Funny I thought I'd posted something here already. Seems to be lost somewhere in cyberspace limbo. I didn't watch the Masters although I used to when I lived with my Mother. She loved Golf and was quite good at the short game called Pitch and Putt even made lady Captain and player of the year in her club. My Dad also played and took up golf later in his life. I acquired his golf clubs lately after my Mother died in 2015. They were in the shed at home in his golf bag. Rather poignantly it also contained his waterproofs and golf shoes covered in mud from the last time he played back in 1991.

Not that I use the clubs. Although I have been thinking of bringing my boys to a pitch and putt course somewhere locally or a range. Golf is probably a bit out of reach.

Dad always wanted me to take it up but I wasn't interested but he gave me a few lessons and actually with all due modesty I had some talent for it. Maybe I should have taken it up after all I live in Ireland and we have some of the best courses in the world and there's a lot of them around not all of them expensive.

On that not relative to your story of playing on the range and then moving onto the course. A Canadian guy I worked with was a keen golfer and took full advantage of being in Ireland. He found a neat trick when he went to the very expensive Druids Glen course. He paid to play on the range then in the afternoon when most of the golfers had headed for the 19th hole. He headed out and played nine holes. The following day he played the last nine.
Clever people those Canadians.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum