The Transgender Boards
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Latest step for my fiance

3 posters

Go down

Latest step for my fiance Empty Latest step for my fiance

Post  Lesley Niyori Sat Apr 27, 2019 1:17 am

I can remember when my first year was a lot of barely anything happened.

D'arcy has had a first appointment, a second sort of contact by phone, and today a second appointment at CAMH (it's sort of Canada's answer to gatekeeping).

D'arcy has been aiming to get an orchy at the very least. Might happen sooner than August. All that needing to be on hormones a year first and all of that crap. But she also got in some good consulting today as well.

She's iffy on GRS. She's both scared of surgery and scared of the responsibility following surgery.
She's unsure if she will be given a green light for breast augmentation (she came into being transgender a bit busty, to begin with, just something she was born stuck with while living as a guy).

But all in all, it was a good day for her.

I hope the orchy happens soon for her. Always good to escape the overall long term harm of anti-androgen hormones.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi, I'm the forum's resident brat
I find it important to point out I am indeed the first member here Smile
Lesley Niyori
Lesley Niyori

Back to top Go down

Latest step for my fiance Empty Re: Latest step for my fiance

Post  MichaelaSJ Sat Apr 27, 2019 4:47 am

I have chosen not to have an orchi although I can afford one and the Wife is aware I am prepared to do this. I also cannot take most of the typical anti-androgen drugs we girls sometimes use.

The VA offered me a 6-month depot injection of Lupron. It belongs to a class of medicines known as the gonadotropin-releasing hormone (GNRH) agonist. It is not toxic to my kidneys and has knocked out the "T" from my life.

If D'Arcy does not qualify, she may ask for a Lupron Injection (leuprolide acetate).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Disobedience in the eyes of any one who has read history is man's original virtue. "—Oscar Wilde.
If you don't want a man unhappy politically, don't give him two sides to a question to worry him; give him one. Better yet, give him none. Let him forget there is such a thing as war. If the Government is inefficient, top-heavy, and tax-mad, better it is all those than that people worry over it. Peace, Montag.
Fahrenheit 451
“lifelong atheist, not afraid of burning in hell,” Ron Reagan FFRF
MichaelaSJ
MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Apr 28, 2019 11:16 am

It's great that she has you to lean on. Especially since you have direct experience. It can only make it easier for her.
I definitely think if I had someone to support me I would have transitioned a while ago.
I hope it continues to go well for you and her.

Back to top Go down

Post  CarolynAH Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:20 am

I needed people not to help directly but to remind me that I wasn't all the horrible things I thought about myself. Helping her with the quagmire of feelings that she feels if only to be a light or giving her a hand seeing herself better. Is all that is often needed. Confirmation surgery of any kind can feel like a commitment that one can never walk back from and no matter how much you might actually want it, it is scary.

I have had bottom surgery and one would think that admitting that my small breasts bother me would make it a easy thing. But for some reason it's not and bottom surgery only made it harder for me. (The emotions there are such a mess for me I now see that I have a lot of work to do on myself.)
CarolynAH
CarolynAH

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum