The Transgender Boards
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Indya Moore

4 posters

Go down

Indya Moore Empty Indya Moore

Post  MichaelaSJ Thu May 09, 2019 8:13 pm

Indya Moore Is Elle Magazine's First Transgender Cover Star
Indya Moore 5cd44c442400003100a9d551
This is important because the magazine ELLE promotes new fashion statements.

The article is at: https://www.huffpost.com/entry/indya-moore-elle_l_5cd43505e4b09f321bdcebfc

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Disobedience in the eyes of any one who has read history is man's original virtue. "—Oscar Wilde.
If you don't want a man unhappy politically, don't give him two sides to a question to worry him; give him one. Better yet, give him none. Let him forget there is such a thing as war. If the Government is inefficient, top-heavy, and tax-mad, better it is all those than that people worry over it. Peace, Montag.
Fahrenheit 451
“lifelong atheist, not afraid of burning in hell,” Ron Reagan FFRF
MichaelaSJ
MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Indya Moore Empty Re: Indya Moore

Post  Lesley Niyori Thu May 09, 2019 8:30 pm

Excellent. I applaud this.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi, I'm the forum's resident brat
I find it important to point out I am indeed the first member here Smile
Lesley Niyori
Lesley Niyori

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson Fri May 10, 2019 12:28 am

Indya looks absolutely terrific, what a beautiful young girl. (I am so jealous of her lips.) I believe women like her are wonderful ambassadors for our cause. One day we will be free of bigotry, we are still the last free shot for the bigot, in many so called civilised nations.... but we are getting there girls and guys, we shall overcome!!!

Celia Eriksson
Admin

https://thetransgendertimes.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  MichaelaSJ Fri May 10, 2019 12:37 am

She reminds me of a youngish Janet Mock!

"Disobedience in the eyes of any one who has read history is man's original virtue. "—Oscar Wilde.
If you don't want a man unhappy politically, don't give him two sides to a question to worry him; give him one. Better yet, give him none. Let him forget there is such a thing as war. If the Government is inefficient, top-heavy, and tax-mad, better it is all those than that people worry over it. Peace, Montag.
Fahrenheit 451
MichaelaSJ
MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun May 12, 2019 12:37 am

Celia Eriksson wrote:Indya looks absolutely terrific, what a beautiful young girl. (I am so jealous of her lips.) I believe women like her are wonderful ambassadors for our cause. One day we will be free of bigotry, we are still the last free shot for the bigot, in many so called civilised nations.... but we are getting there girls and guys, we shall overcome!!!
Bang on Celia, as ever. We are still free shot for the bigots and those who think they are being reasonable for doubting us. They still think we're men in skirts with mental health issues and they actually think that's a reasonable point of view. I cry sometimes in sheer frustration. That's why I stay hiding.

Back to top Go down

Post  CarolynAH Mon May 13, 2019 6:41 am

I think she looks great. Though personally I feel pretty mixed about being used to sell attractiveness on a fashion magazine. Or that as any sort of measure of the validity of our right to exist or be a women.

Sorry, I should just cheer yay transwomen! Perhaps it's the crowd I am with now but can't get excited.
CarolynAH
CarolynAH

Back to top Go down

Post  Lesley Niyori Mon May 13, 2019 12:33 pm

Pick me! Pick me! Smile

No, I wouldn't mind being the example of the standard of beauty for once hehe.

Just like I wouldn't mind trying being miserable and rich! I'm not getting as much out of happy and poor as they claim I'm supposed to get.

Hi, I'm the forum's resident brat
I find it important to point out I am indeed the first member here Smile
Lesley Niyori
Lesley Niyori

Back to top Go down

Post  CarolynAH Mon May 13, 2019 6:09 pm

Lesley Niyori wrote:Pick me! Pick me! Smile

No, I wouldn't mind being the example of the standard of beauty for once hehe.

Just like I wouldn't mind trying being miserable and rich! I'm not getting as much out of happy and poor as they claim I'm supposed to get.

You are beautiful... Fuck standards. As to miserable and rich... I don't know seems like a lot of work. A bit like Trump... That boy works really hard at blaming everything but himself... I thought I was good at denial and repression... But he is the master I mean how does one manage to claim genius and refute it in the same sentence without any hint of irony or sarcasm is mind blowing. So I think I prefer comfortable and apathetic.
CarolynAH
CarolynAH

Back to top Go down

Post  MichaelaSJ Tue May 14, 2019 4:19 am

Tara

Being a species that understands abstraction, we have come to define what is meant by beauty or ugly. But, since as a species we do not think alike because of gender, race, religion, or whatever we allow beacons to set the standard.

Elle, a magazine, like a beacon has set a standard, a bar very high given a consensus of those interested. Before Indya, only cis-females would meet the false, but accepted standard of Elle. Now, we have a sister, a very beautiful sister whose existence is beyond simply being a transwoman, she is now a transwoman whose entire being has, for the moment, surpassed all other cover models for her beauty.

Good for her, good for us!

Fahrenheit 451
MichaelaSJ
MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down