The Transgender Boards
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Manning's Revolving Door

4 posters

Go down

Manning's Revolving Door Empty Manning's Revolving Door

Post  MichaelaSJ Fri May 10, 2019 2:28 am

Chelsea Manning Released From Jail After Refusing To Testify On WikiLeaks
The former Army analyst said she would continue to refuse to testify before a grand jury about giving documents to WikiLeaks. She might soon go back in jail.
Former Army intelligence analyst Chelsea Manning was released from jail in Virginia on Thursday more than two months after being arrested for refusing to answer questions before a grand jury about leaking classified information to WikiLeaks.
Manning was released after the grand jury’s term expired. She was detained at the William G. Truesdale Adult Detention Center in Alexandria, Virginia, for 62 days.
In a statement, Manning’s attorneys said she would continue to “refuse to answer questions and will use every available legal defense to prove to [U.S. District Judge Anthony] Trenga that she has just cause for her refusal to give testimony.”
Shortly before her release, Manning was immediately served with a subpoena requiring her to appear before another grand jury on May 17.
Her commitment to refusing to answer questions may be grounds for another arrest.
“It is, therefore, conceivable that she will once again be held in contempt of court and be returned to the custody of the Alexandria Detention Center, possibly as soon as next Thursday, May 16,” Manning’s lawyers said.
https://www.huffpost.com/entry/chelsea-manning-released-jail_n_5cd4c121e4b0705e47d92f9b

A very stupid girl. She needs to acquire some maturity to understand what she is doing to her future.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Disobedience in the eyes of any one who has read history is man's original virtue. "—Oscar Wilde.
If you don't want a man unhappy politically, don't give him two sides to a question to worry him; give him one. Better yet, give him none. Let him forget there is such a thing as war. If the Government is inefficient, top-heavy, and tax-mad, better it is all those than that people worry over it. Peace, Montag.
Fahrenheit 451
“lifelong atheist, not afraid of burning in hell,” Ron Reagan FFRF
MichaelaSJ
MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Manning's Revolving Door Empty Re: Manning's Revolving Door

Post  Kaibeth Fri May 10, 2019 6:09 am

The Revolution® -- Brought to you by. . .

Someone has to stand for something in this screwed up country.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Manning's Revolving Door 39208

Sugar and Spice and Puppydog Tails
Kaibeth
Kaibeth

Back to top Go down

Post  MichaelaSJ Fri May 10, 2019 4:39 pm

Pray tell me - WTF does she stand for? If you think she is a latter-day Daniel Ellsberg, then you are simply mistaken.

She already did whatever she had to do when she disclosed the data she stole to WikiLeaks. What possible protection is she offering to Assange that would further her need for self-importance?

She is a very immature person who has yet to develop any real sense of purpose.

"Disobedience in the eyes of any one who has read history is man's original virtue. "—Oscar Wilde.
If you don't want a man unhappy politically, don't give him two sides to a question to worry him; give him one. Better yet, give him none. Let him forget there is such a thing as war. If the Government is inefficient, top-heavy, and tax-mad, better it is all those than that people worry over it. Peace, Montag.
Fahrenheit 451
MichaelaSJ
MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Post  Lesley Niyori Fri May 10, 2019 6:20 pm

MichaelaSJ wrote:Pray tell me - WTF does she stand for? If you think she is a latter-day Daniel Ellsberg, then you are simply mistaken.

She already did whatever she had to do when she disclosed the data she stole to WikiLeaks. What possible protection is she offering to Assange that would further her need for self-importance?

She is a very immature person who has yet to develop any real sense of purpose.

I don't claim to really know much about her, but, your comments ring true Miki.

Hi, I'm the forum's resident brat
I find it important to point out I am indeed the first member here Smile
Lesley Niyori
Lesley Niyori

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson Fri May 10, 2019 9:52 pm

I have a feeling that we don't know the half of what it's all about under the surface, there is probably a lot more to it.... and she knows much, much more. I can't believe it is all that so simple that she is simply protecting Julian. It's always been grey and the fact we talk about theft..... why does the establishment fear the website, formed in Iceland over ten years ago, so much.... I'll tell ya, it tells a lot of home truths. Guantanamo Bay, Iraq, Afghan War etc. I guess the Clinton mails are why many hate it now.... the establishment has jumped from a very great height upon individuals involved.

I don't applaud or hate, I take a view and my view right now is that I simply don't know the full picture, but on the surface I am of the view that they actually rock the boat against establishment cover up.

Celia xx

Celia Eriksson
Admin

https://thetransgendertimes.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  MichaelaSJ Fri May 10, 2019 11:34 pm

I was glad Daniel Ellsberg exposed some of the truth about the Vietnam War by exposing the Pentagon Papers. But, he was ready to defend himself in court:
I felt that as an American citizen, as a responsible citizen, I could no longer cooperate in concealing this information from the American public. I did this clearly at my own jeopardy and I am prepared to answer to all the consequences of this decision.
i don't think that Manning had the same concerns. Yes, she may have done the World a good service by stealing the data she did. But she was not of a mind to take the heat for it.
"I am sorry that my actions hurt people. I'm sorry that they hurt the United States. I am sorry for the unintended consequences of my actions. When I made these decisions I believed I was going to help people, not hurt people. ... At the time of my decisions, I was dealing with a lot of issues."
Different statements, yes. You be the judge of who was the more willing participant is allowing a Nation, the World an insight into what was going on in each of the wars.

If I were to protest something to the extent that Ellsberg or Manning did, then my internal sense of purpose would tell me to bear the brunt of what I did as I know that my actions were worth whatever penalty I have incurred.

Manning is not Ellsberg. Ellsberg had a clue about what he was stealing. I don't think Manning ever had a real clue about what she was downloading. And then in lies the problem for me.

Fahrenheit 451
MichaelaSJ
MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson Fri May 10, 2019 11:53 pm

So, are we only talking about a part of this, or are we talking the whole? Exactly who did it damage, and if it did why? Why is it such a big problem? And she is taking the heat right now!!!! Of course they knew and it's not restricted to just a few, it's scores.

If there are truths to be known, why does that damage anyone?

Is such information advantageous to Russia, China.... NO!!!!!..... is it even a glean of information for extremists.... NO!!!!!. Is it advantageous to the Western citizen..... yes it frickin' well is!!!

I prefer Democrat to Republican and I can understand why many are pissed off. I wanted Hillary Clinton to win as well! But she was a tainted force, it's why you have fartface as your POTUS, even though she got more votes.... She would not have won against anybody.

Don't blame the messengers of a little truth. Viking time.... Scandinavians know best!!!!

Celia Eriksson
Admin

https://thetransgendertimes.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaibeth Sat May 11, 2019 5:54 am

Michaela's post with the quotes in it.

I must say, this post has me thinking outside of my boxes. Thank you.

Kaibeth
Kaibeth

Back to top Go down

Post  MichaelaSJ Sat May 11, 2019 8:40 am

Celia

This is not blaming the messenger. Manning has already paid her due.

This her refusing to answer questions about Wikileaks and Julian Assange who may also be guilty of a US crime relating to the information Manning gave to Assange.

Assange has ties to Russia and it may be necessary to find out if some of the unpublished documents made their way into the Russian machine.

There is a difference in exposing the truth about something publically, in this case, suspect US military actions or disclosing unpublished information (directly or by proxy) to a foreign and antagonistic government.

Fahrenheit 451
MichaelaSJ
MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Post  Lesley Niyori Sat May 11, 2019 10:32 pm

Just wondering here, would we give much of a damn about her, if she wasn't transgender?

Is our interest in her based mostly on her being transgender?

I have to be honest, but the story, and the specifics of the story aren't really all that interesting.

Hi, I'm the forum's resident brat
I find it important to point out I am indeed the first member here Smile
Lesley Niyori
Lesley Niyori

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaibeth Sun May 12, 2019 1:11 am

Lesley Niyori wrote:stuff

Very good point, Lesley.

Kaibeth
Kaibeth

Back to top Go down

Post  MichaelaSJ Sun May 12, 2019 1:16 am

But she is trans, and her actions are not favorable to the community.

She made a very big shit about her not being allowed to transition while in prison. We don't need a bad celebrity to get in our way of moving forward as a group of transmen and transwomen.

And yes, there is enough shit going on with Trump that if she wasn't trans, her antics would be buried on page 18, if at all.

Fahrenheit 451
MichaelaSJ
MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum