The Transgender Boards
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jessie on trans in sports (aces the topic like always)

3 posters

Go down

Jessie on trans in sports (aces the topic like always) Empty Jessie on trans in sports (aces the topic like always)

Post  Lesley Niyori Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:13 pm

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi, I'm the forum's resident brat
I find it important to point out I am indeed the first member here Smile
Lesley Niyori
Lesley Niyori

Back to top Go down

Jessie on trans in sports (aces the topic like always) Empty Re: Jessie on trans in sports (aces the topic like always)

Post  CarolynAH Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:14 am

I agree, with what she said. My feeling though is some of this is also a hellish mix of trans-phobia and misogyny at work. We saw it in the Clinton/Trump debates. Nearly any aggression by Hillary towards baby Trumpy was seen in a negative light. While Trump's disrespect and microaggressions were essentially ignored. As transgender women people even some allies see assertiveness from us as signs of "masculinity" or way out of proportion to the actual deed. And in competitive sports it is all amplified. Essentially requiring a transgender women to be as docile as possible or risk having not just their legitimacy as women questioned but all transgender women. It is total crap. I won't say there are not problematic transgender women or men. But damn it I am tired of that crap.
CarolynAH
CarolynAH

Back to top Go down

Jessie on trans in sports (aces the topic like always) Empty Re: Jessie on trans in sports (aces the topic like always)

Post  MichaelaSJ Sat Jun 15, 2019 12:55 am

With apologies, I didn't watch the video.

I am reminded of the uproar 1977 when Renee Richards turned pro-tennis player on the female circuit. She did not fair well even though she had great height (6'1") and a fierce left-handed serve. She won several amateur matches but failed in her bid for success in the US Tennis Open.

She did reach a ranking of 20 in 1979.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Disobedience in the eyes of any one who has read history is man's original virtue. "—Oscar Wilde.
If you don't want a man unhappy politically, don't give him two sides to a question to worry him; give him one. Better yet, give him none. Let him forget there is such a thing as war. If the Government is inefficient, top-heavy, and tax-mad, better it is all those than that people worry over it. Peace, Montag.
Fahrenheit 451
“lifelong atheist, not afraid of burning in hell,” Ron Reagan FFRF
MichaelaSJ
MichaelaSJ

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum