The Transgender Boards
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is it just me or......

3 posters

Go down

Is it just me or...... Empty Is it just me or......

Post  Lenneth Sun Jun 23, 2019 7:04 am

Kindof a Vent/rant....

Is it just me or is the cost of housing going up at a mind blowing pace everywhere in the US?

Where I am (Boise ID) the current cost of housing is up to 75% of average incomes and supply is practically non existent.

the news has reported we have some 3000 new residents moving here each month, mobile home parks are being shut down left & right by the county and they are making living in a travel trailer/RV a crime within the county, its insane.

At present i'm living in my own travel trailer a 42 mile commute from the city (so that the Ada county anti full time RV/Vagrancy laws don't land me in jail & or with a huge fine) & preparing to move 400 miles north for a better job, i just hope things are at least a little better up there than here, this place isn't anywhere near what it was when I first moved here in 05, employers wont pay wages you can live on & rents are just flat out insane for the wage rates.

1 bedroom apartments in most cases are now going for $1200-1500/ month & most jobs only pay a max of $10.50/hr & limit hours & do not allow overtime of any kind.

I just don't get what people are supposed to do to survive.... Sad
Lenneth
Lenneth

Back to top Go down

Is it just me or...... Empty Re: Is it just me or......

Post  Celia Eriksson Sun Jun 23, 2019 10:58 am

Hi Lenneth,

That is pretty tough. Why are they not allowing trailer parks/mobile home sites in your county? That sounds a bit discrimantory. Is there no pressure group protesting about it, for if there are enough people, someone might take notice.

It's quite similar here, though here, (outside of London, where similar or even higher prices in swish places are being asked), you can probably rent a one bedroom for 700 or 800 pounds, which is still very high. Rent control is one good thing, but not many authorities have it, but with low wage earners, it is a necessity.

Wish you luck with your move, if you have to do it.

Celia xx

Celia Eriksson
Admin

https://thetransgendertimes.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Lesley Niyori Sun Jun 23, 2019 3:22 pm

When I consider exchange rates, YES, those prices ARE nuts.

And yes, there has been some grumbling about mobile living options here in Canada too. My reply would be to ignore them.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi, I'm the forum's resident brat
I find it important to point out I am indeed the first member here Smile
Lesley Niyori
Lesley Niyori

Back to top Go down

Post  Lenneth Sun Jun 23, 2019 11:23 pm

Celia Eriksson wrote:Hi Lenneth,

That is pretty tough. Why are they not allowing trailer parks/mobile home sites in your county?

2 Word answer: Property Taxes

why tolerate a large piece of land being owned by a single owner for a particular tax rate when you can have 500 on the same property paying the same or more each?

Celia Eriksson wrote:That sounds a bit discrimantory.

It is and they do not care if it is Illegal or not, typical Legal cases on this are taking an average of 5-15 years to even be heard in court, so they know that by the time you get in front of a judge they will have profited 10-20x whatever the fine might be.

Celia Eriksson wrote:
Is there no pressure group protesting about it, for if there are enough people, someone might take notice.

Thier are and thier is good media Coverage but with 3000+ people moving here each month & buying million dollar homes, all that matters to anyone is keeping the cash flowing.

Last edited by Lenneth on Mon Jun 24, 2019 12:31 am; edited 1 time in total
Lenneth
Lenneth

Back to top Go down

Post  Lenneth Sun Jun 23, 2019 11:24 pm

Lesley Niyori wrote:When I consider exchange rates, YES, those prices ARE nuts.

And yes, there has been some grumbling about mobile living options here in Canada too. My reply would be to ignore them.

under the county Ordanance & Anti-Vagrancy Laws it carries up to a $10,000 fine & up to 6 months in jail if you get caught.
Lenneth
Lenneth

Back to top Go down

Post  Lesley Niyori Sun Jun 23, 2019 11:29 pm

They'd need to catch me.

My dream is a tiny home, and not being in the same place within 24 hours. Appear at night, sleep, gone the next morning.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Lesley Niyori
Lesley Niyori

Back to top Go down

Post  Lenneth Mon Jun 24, 2019 12:33 am

Lesley Niyori wrote:They'd need to catch me.

My dream is a tiny home, and not being in the same place within 24 hours. Appear at night, sleep, gone the next morning.

Tiny homes are specifically outlawed (by name & by technical description) here.
Lenneth
Lenneth

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:21 am

Hi!!

Homes are famously smaller in the UK, my apartment is the same size as a large trailer if you added it all together, that's coz they are usually old but also the newer ones are built smaller too. Yes, there are big, big houses and the affluent areas. Esher is case in point, a small cottage on the green there was £100 just after the war and now are over a million. I like small, easy to keep spotless and decorate & furnish

As for those Idaho authorities, they are greedy so and so's that need a good kick up the ass.

Celia xx

Celia Eriksson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jun 24, 2019 12:08 pm

No it's not just you

Last edited by mariehart1 on Fri Jun 28, 2019 11:42 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post  Lesley Niyori Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:19 pm

Lenneth wrote:
Lesley Niyori wrote:They'd need to catch me.

Tiny homes are specifically outlawed (by name & by technical description) here.

Well, I guess that's a situation where I'd simply refuse to accept the law.

Just being law doesn't make something special. We write laws and unwrite laws all the time.

Lesley Niyori
Lesley Niyori

Back to top Go down

Post  Lenneth Fri Jun 28, 2019 5:39 am

Celia Eriksson wrote:Hi!!

Homes are famously smaller in the UK

I know all to well, Lived near Glasgow for 10 years Smile
Lenneth
Lenneth

Back to top Go down

Post  Lenneth Fri Jun 28, 2019 5:44 am

mariehart1 wrote:No it's not just you it seems to be the same all over. At least where the economy is booming. Here in Ireland there is a real problem for accommodation for people on lower incomes. Dublin is particularly bad. Lots of apartments are being built but the rents are high.

same here, they cant build anything quick enough with how many are moving here per month, they are "almost" finished with a new taxpayer funded "Affordable Housing" Apartment complex and every apartment is already spoken for, and the "Affordable" Rent rate is $1200/month for 1 bedroom Apartments & $1400 for 2 bedroom places.
Lenneth
Lenneth

Back to top Go down

Post  Lenneth Thu Jul 11, 2019 7:25 am

https://www.kron4.com/news/these-san-francisco-bunk-beds-rent-for-1200-a-month-ramen-toiletries-included/?fbclid=IwAR1-owr7X6IMONaKR19UM-gwmKlAJ7vYWE9RbY78AmTqNpLj8bTybdF2_2Q
Lenneth
Lenneth

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:27 pm

Oh that is ridiculous, there have to be be rent controls, how on earth can the service jobs be filled with that kind of cost?

Celia Eriksson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lenneth Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:38 am

Celia Eriksson wrote:Oh that is ridiculous, there have to be be rent controls,

Either removed, have 1000+ ways around them, or are not enforced.

Celia Eriksson wrote:how on earth can the service jobs be filled with that kind of cost?

They Can't, as a result areas that do this are doomed to collapse

please watch this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBjXUBMkkE8

and this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YMg3aqH3Y9I

and this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ATGDjgNwjVE

(Better version)

https://www.facebook.com/6OnYourSide/videos/2317144975193706/?v=2317144975193706
Lenneth
Lenneth

Back to top Go down

Post  Lesley Niyori Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:16 am

That first video is a looming truth.

China will soon be able to use their billions, to out-market the US's paltry millions if they haven't already done it.

When you have billions of people, you simply have more potential. And the irony, a communist country, is going to use capitalism, in a capitalist country, to buy the country right out from under the noses of the people that only think they own their country. And I'm guessing, the US's indigenous, will not shed a single tear.

China is doing much the same in Canada.

China is going to develop an electric car, and when they do, the US auto industry will die. No one will want a gas burning dinosaur from the US auto industry. China has high-speed trains crisscrossing their country. It's just a matter of time before the US rail system is made to be as useless as the US auto industry.

Nothing is forever, and it appears the US and its time might be nearing an end if conditions don't change somehow.

China doesn't need nukes to defeat the US. It can do it with dollars.

Lesley Niyori
Lesley Niyori

Back to top Go down

Post  Lenneth Sat Aug 10, 2019 7:29 pm

China isn't the primary doing this, not by a long shot, it is other states, mostly ones whom have over inflated opinions of themselves and very poor opinions (whilst never having lived there) of "Fly Over Country" the polite name they use for the places they are doing it to.
Lenneth
Lenneth

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson Sat Aug 10, 2019 11:38 pm

No, no, no!!! Electric cars take a hell of a lot of eco-unfriendly production at the moment. I don't disagree that they are the future, but there are far better alternatives that are disgustingly under wraps or bought up by the car manufacturing  industry many years ago and cannot be released now.

Even an (already up and running) Diesel car can run for around another 400,000 miles to equal the carbon damage, not only by the production, which is immense. The biggest problem lay in the discard of a current version of a battery operated car.

An interesting aversion here.... power cuts caused a problem in the UK and occur across the world with adverse weather. Especially where ice hits power. I would like to know how you will recharge your electric dreams when the power is down.... you will be fucked!

This must stop, this idea that the electric vehicles being produced at the moment are being heralded as a saviour of what is a problem they know, full well, is already solved. It will get out there and people will be angry.... I don't like it, there are alternatives, hydrogen, water, many ICEs have been designed without fossil fuels.

It is folly to expect electric cars, buses, trucks to be there when the supply is dependent and they cause more damage anyhow.

Celia xx

Celia Eriksson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lenneth Wed Aug 14, 2019 5:32 am

Agreed, Electric cars as they are at the moment cause far more pollution than any Internal Combustion vehicle will ever produce.

most of that is the currently used battery technology, their are alternatives that pollute far far less, but they are not being implemented for reasons unknown. (likely because they last to long)
Lenneth
Lenneth

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:29 pm

I read somewhere that South Korea is working on hydrogen powered vehicles and expects that to be the future. These are the pioneer days of this technology. The winner is not yet decided.

Back to top Go down

Post  Lenneth Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:43 am

thier are alternate battery technologies, one simply uses carbon and stores approx 15x more power than Lithium does, yet is being suppressed at the moment.
Lenneth
Lenneth

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum