The Transgender Boards
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

'ForumsClub'

4 posters

Go down

Shall we transfer the forum to 'ForumsClub'?

'ForumsClub' Vote_lcap14%'ForumsClub' Vote_rcap 14% 
[ 1 ]
'ForumsClub' Vote_lcap86%'ForumsClub' Vote_rcap 86% 
[ 6 ]

Total Votes : 7

Poll closed

'ForumsClub' Empty 'ForumsClub'

Post  Celia Eriksson Mon Jul 15, 2019 2:14 pm

Hi Everyone!

So the site has been invited to join the 'ForumsClub', it is run by forumotion even though we are independent of them, for we have our own domain now. The benefits will be to reach a bigger audience and also what is listed below. But, we do already have our own HTTPS. The SEO sounds good, search optimisation..... I'll list what they say then the worries. Then please vote in the poll above. I will run it for ten days as to whether we join. This is what the offer is...

Simple and efficient forum management.
To benefit from the advantages of an ergonomic, responsive and efficient community site.
To use advanced social group features that encourage user engagement.
To be able to create forums, blogs, image galleries, file sharing, social groups,...etc. in the same site.
For free and unlimited image hosting.
To have secure HTTPS pages.
To be in an optimized SEO environment

Now, what I believe could be negative:

Having a better SEO may draw more attention, we were recently subject to a strange member posting weird stuff. If we want our little backwater to remain cozy and quiet then you might not agree.  

When we were an open forum right at the very beginning for a couple of days I did delete two negative comments in two days. Being open means anyone on their other forums can post here.

Once I stopped that, we were not open to other forumotions site members and the third did not come 'til July, the funny Mornington Crescent one, (which I left that on for ingenuity and posterity!). We do have selected topics go across to other sites atm, but they are a few a month and we have had little response as they would have to join us to comment.

But the comments don't bother me much, the more important concern of mine is that we may become more realigned with the forumotion people and the HTTPS may change. Also I don't know what else changes. I will look for more information and post it if I find anything. I don't know, I'm not tech savvy.

I thought it only fair to let you all know about the invitation and not hide it from you, coz that would be wrong. So I feel that I am obliged to tell you about anything like this.

At this time, I have enough concern to say no, but if you vote otherwise, I respect your decision.

Celia xx

Celia Eriksson
Admin

https://thetransgendertimes.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

'ForumsClub' Empty Re: 'ForumsClub'

Post  Elizabeth Lynn Mon Jul 15, 2019 4:36 pm

I'll jump. I'm of the mind right now that the risks outweigh the benefits. Primarily, because of the surge in TERF spawned hate and agitation in the UK and beginning here in the US, and the rise of white evangelical hostility and their current political capitol, the rise White Supremacy and similar old, white, male dominated groups that strike out at anything that is other than old, white and male.

Haters can find us, but no reason to make that easier for them by giving them unfettered and unvetted access to this group.

I like this board, it's a refuge. I don't want to have to battle haters here.

~ Liz
Elizabeth Lynn
Elizabeth Lynn

Back to top Go down

Post  Lesley Niyori Mon Jul 15, 2019 10:13 pm

Largely what Elizabeth said.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi, I'm the forum's resident brat
I find it important to point out I am indeed the first member here Smile
Lesley Niyori
Lesley Niyori

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaibeth Tue Jul 16, 2019 1:16 am

Putting control in the hands of outsiders has fucked many communities I have been a part of.

How did I miss a troll? I eat trolls. They are my primary form of sustenance. How did I miss a troll?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'ForumsClub' 39208

Sugar and Spice and Puppydog Tails
Kaibeth
Kaibeth

Back to top Go down

Post  Celia Eriksson Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:18 pm

Hi Everyone!!!

Oh good, well it does look as though we shall be staying how we are, but then there is still another 9 days yet.

Beth don't feel bad about missing that whimsical Troll, it's not easy to spot and it actually is quite harmless, even if you did see it.... it is on one of the now defunct Angelic muses about a year ago. Have a look and see if ya can spot it?

To save you trawling through three pages I will tell you that it is on page one, don't blink, else you may not see it! To make sense of the whole conversation you will have to drop down Angelic's posts, as they are hidden/click and all you will see for Angelic's posts is: The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

https://www.transgenderboards.com/t151-british-is-a-gender

Celia xx

Celia Eriksson
Admin

https://thetransgendertimes.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Elizabeth Lynn Tue Jul 16, 2019 2:49 pm

Kaibeth wrote:Putting control in the hands of outsiders has fucked many communities I have been a part of.

How did I miss a troll? I eat trolls. They are my primary form of sustenance. How did I miss a troll?

I found them and ate them, then reported to Celia. Actually more of spammer than a troll, they taste a bit sweeter and go well with milk.

Liz
Elizabeth Lynn
Elizabeth Lynn

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaibeth Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:57 pm

"I likes mine raw."

'ForumsClub' 39208

Sugar and Spice and Puppydog Tails
Kaibeth
Kaibeth

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum